BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Hello all,

Trevor at PBD sent me my 93 octane base map yesterday and I flashed it and did the logs and sent them back. I babied the car on the way to work and everything seemed fine. I went on my lunch break and came back and noticed it threw a CEL so I read the codes and I got the following.

P0300: Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected.
P0316: Engine misfire detected on startup (first 1000 revolutions)
And another P0300 but it is grayed out.

I did some searching and found that when most people throw those codes, they do a crank relearn and everything is fine, but all those cars seem to have had a supercharger or a clutch installed and I have neither. I've also seen that it could be bad gas but this is the same gas I had in the tank before I tuned it and it was running fine. Could the tune be that much more sensitive? Also not sure if PBD uses an adaptive octane logic or not.

Mods are as follows
2019 GT PP2. 12,7XX miles
Factory intake. K&N drop in filter with carbon trap removed and studs for carbon trap removed and smoothed out.
MAK cat deletes
MRT H-pipe
Factory active axle back

The car seems to idle a little rough right after cold start but smooths out a bit after it warms up. I have an email out to Trevor about it but I need to drive it later today and I probably won't hear from him until Monday at the earliest as it is the weekend. I kinda don't want to do a crank relearn or clear the codes without him weighing in. It ran absolutely fine on the stock tune on Thursday and I've thought about flashing it back to stock but I don't want to do that just to have to do a crank relearn anyway.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored

black_2018_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Are you sure your gas is good? When I was doing my initial pulls on my 91 tune the car was pulling timing in the higher RPMs. I got 91 at the same place for almost a year and I never noticed any issues with the stock tune. Didn't have the tuner so maybe the car had been pulling timing the entire time and I just didn't know. But I added some octane booster at the request of the tuner and it cleared it right up. I wasn't throwing any code though.

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Are you sure your gas is good? When I was doing my initial pulls on my 91 tune the car was pulling timing in the higher RPMs. I got 91 at the same place for almost a year and I never noticed any issues with the stock tune. Didn't have the tuner so maybe the car had been pulling timing the entire time and I just didn't know. But I added some octane booster at the request of the tuner and it cleared it right up. I wasn't throwing any code though.
I'm thinking that could be a possibility but I'm not sure. Kyle just emailed me and told me to clear the codes and see if they come back and do a WOT pull and send him the logs. They must not have seen anything too out of place on my initial logs if he wants me to do a WOT pull.

Inconsis10t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6137
Hey so what ever happened? Did you get this resolved? Having the same issues right now.

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Hey so what ever happened? Did you get this resolved? Having the same issues right now.
After doing the WOT pull the sent me a revised tune and it stopped throwing the codes. Granted I only drove on it for a few days before switching to flex and then E85 tune, but it doesn't do it with either of those tunes. What are your mods? Who is your tuner?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inconsis10t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6137
Well i might have to do that. I just did the idle, rev, and drive logs. Tuner is PBDand I'll send those logs shortly and see what he says.

I just had the gears changed to 4.56 other than that it is a stock Bullitt.
I get all kinds of codes but nothing to bad. No hill assist, backup camera, holds revs when shifting.

I received the initial tune from PBD and there is rough idle and its is DRINKING gas like crazy.
I just did those logs as I didn't want to do the WOT log and now switched it back to the stock tune.

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Ah ok. From what I understand the car still needs to learn a bit after you first flash the tune. Either way I would follow what PBD says as they are the ones tuning it so they would know what the issue is if any.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have the same problem with same codes, car wont even run or idle after a while and dies. PBD Tune mak pipes etc too but I am on e85. I had a PBD e85 tune that ran fine for months but then I swtiched to mak pipes and the new tune, this issue arrived, then I tried my old tune and that did not fix the problem.

I dont know what to do but I just had the car towed to ford and I cant switch to the stock tune due to mak pipes and e85 in the tank so IDK whats going to happen.

OP
OP
BigBeed

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I've had no issues since they revised my tune and 0 issues with my E85 tune. I'd contact PBD and see what they tell you to do. The dealer is probably gonna want to flash a stock tune on there and see if the problem persists. Make sure they know there's E85 in the tank and to not do that lol. Do you have a flex tune you could flash and see if there is still an issue?

Inconsis10t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6137
Man sorry to hear that. Hoping everything works out but definitely contact PBD. Keep us posted though.

I am not as modified as you so I am running the stock tune right now and am living with the issues I have until I hear back from PBD.

Sponsored

Inconsis10t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6137
Hey guys thought I'd update you.

I ended up contacting with Wengerd Tuning Friday night and he responded right away.
Saturday morning I sent him over all the info and received a tune by 10am.

Car felt better immediately. Did the logs he requested and this morning he got back to me saying no revisions needed.

I definitely recommend and plan to go with him from now on.

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Not sure if you mentioned it , but if you changed your gears you need them to send you an updated tune ...

Inconsis10t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6137
Not sure if you mentioned it , but if you changed your gears you need them to send you an updated tune ...
Yea that was the reason for getting the tune.

I see you also went with shorter gears. Did you change out the diff fluid after a break in?

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I had something similar happen where everything was fine then car went to crap. Turns out it may have been my e85 during the cold months . get your gas tested. They drained my tank filled it back up and car was fine .

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Yea that was the reason for getting the tune.

I see you also went with shorter gears. Did you change out the diff fluid after a break in?
Oh ok . No I didn't , the shop that did my install never mentioned the need for it and they are pretty particular .
Sponsored