Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
See bolded sections. Believe = feelings because they are contrary to current scientific consensus. Hence why you keep getting called a flat earther, they also believe the earth is flat. Although I am not 100% on kids, I don’t think they are giving anyone under 18 the vaccine in any appreciable quantity. They are not here in NC.
Hello; The word believe can also be used as non feeling I think. It can substitute for think. Someone says the movie will start at four PM. You say I believe you are correct. Not quite the gotcha thing you intend.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
Some people just can’t be reached.
It's not worth your time. These kooks are too far down the FoxNewsMax rabbit hole. It can't be stopped.

But good news is - that means better vaccine availability for us and our loved ones. This year, and next year, and so on. My pregnant wife sure appreciates the sacrifice these kooks have made.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But good news is - that means better vaccine availability for us and our loved ones. This year, and next year, and so on. My pregnant wife sure appreciates the sacrifice these kooks have made.
You must selectively read. sk47 got the vaccine, and in his situation I might have too.

Who is the kook now?

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
You must selectively read. sk47 got the vaccine

Who is the kook now?
But you didn't. Who is the king kook now?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Time to log out. Will come back for the show another time. To those able to have a civil discussion, I appreciate you. The others not so much.
It's not worth your time. These kooks are too far down the FoxNewsMax rabbit hole. It can't be stopped.

Hello; My sincerest wish is for you to get from life exactly what you deserve.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
But you didn't. Who is the king kook now?
No because I had the Covid-19 and recovered. I'm protected naturally. No vax needed.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
No because I had the Covid-19 and recovered. I'm protected naturally. No vax needed.
You do you. Good luck this fall, and next year, and the year after that... you'll need it my friend.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
My believes are based on studies like the linked one.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/3/1/22302972/covid-19-survivors-immunity

scientific consensus.

What a joke. There can not be a consensus in science. It either is or is not. There can be "theory" that has not been proven or dis-proven.
This really is exhausting...

Did anyone ever say that there was no natural immunity? But it is possible that the natural immunity created is not as robust, or as targeted as the one from the mRNA vaccine. Hence, it is recommended for the best protection to get the vaccine even if you have had COVID.

There is definitely something as scientific consensus, so I am not sure what you're saying there. And by putting theory in quotations, I'll make the assumption that you don't take science or research seriously.

Hello; The word believe can also be used as non feeling I think. It can substitute for think. Someone says the movie will start at four PM. You say I believe you are correct. Not quite the gotcha thing you intend.
Yea, no doubt. The thing is, when I say I think something, I leave room for that thought to change when presented with new evidence. Like for example, if you told me that there were in fact children receiving the vaccines in clinical trials right now (which there are). I happily correct my thought.

Just taking your weird wordplay example, what is happening here is that someone says the movie starts at 4 pm. I say, no it starts at 5 PM, here is the movie listing from the theatre for confirmation. Someone's friend says, no I believe it starts at 4 PM. I'm gonna go to the movie at 4 pm.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I got the chicken pox when I was a kid. I am immune. I've had many colds over my years, I am immune to each one I got. I got vaccinated for many things, I am immune. I do not need to get the now available chicken pox vaccine since I already had it. Actual chicken pox.

What is so special about this virus that makes it different from any other virus as far as immunity is concerned?

Current studies say if one gets the covid virus and recovers, that person is immune for at least 8 months. I suspect that time number will increase as we get further into this disease.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The thing is, when I say I think something, I leave room for that thought to change when presented with new evidence.
I'm open to changing my mind. It just will not happen if someone tells me my concerns are nonsense and then does not back that up.

I asked my Dr if I should get the vaccine, he said not at this time, no.

I'll believe him over any internet expert.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I got the chicken pox when I was a kid. I am immune. I've had many colds over my years, I am immune to each one I got. I got vaccinated for many things, I am immune. I do not need to get the now available chicken pox vaccine since I already had it.

What is so special about this virus that makes it diffrent from any other virus as far as immunity is concerned?

Current studies say if one gets the covid virus and recovers, that person is immune for at least 8 months. I suspect that time number will increase as we get further into this disease.
Are you immune though? Did you know that if you got the chickenpox vaccine, you are less likely to develop shingles as an adult than someone who developed a natural immunity through an infection?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
What is so special about this virus that makes it different from any other virus as far as immunity is concerned?
You are so close to understanding this topic. The answer is; genetic drift and genetic shifts.

This why you can catch an influenza infection every year. Many viruses - not just COVID-19 - have high levels of genetic drift and shifting events. Which is why there's a different, tweaked flu vaccine every year.

You do realize that very soon we will be seeing COVID-21, COVID-21 type A. COVID xxx Type B, etc... In other words, there will be multiple variants like we already have observed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.