Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hmm. And to think Ford had to go to Nardo to do it when they could have simply done it in traffic on the Autobahn while yapping away for YouTube. All the effort wasted away on a track with Randy and specialized timing equipment replaced by a German guy cruising down the highway saying he hit a speed he failed to capture on video.

Sounds legit.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A higher top speed means nothing if you can't achieve it. The 500 was not designed for all out top end on the autobahn. The car was designed to be a track car. Can any of you keyboard racers tell me where the 500 can achieve faster speeds on a US track?

Some of you seem to be making this out to be a pecker size contest over a metric that means nothing. Anyone who argues which car is better over top end speed does not get it. There is nothing less interesting than watching idiots bicker over something that means nothing for the sake of brand bragging rights.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
A higher top speed means nothing if you can't achieve it. The 500 was not designed for all out top end on the autobahn. The car was designed to be a track car. Can any of you keyboard racers tell me where the 500 can achieve faster speeds on a US track?

Some of you seem to be making this out to be a pecker size contest over a metric that means nothing. Anyone who argues which car is better over top end speed does not get it. There is nothing less interesting than watching idiots bicker over something that means nothing for the sake of brand bragging rights.
That is unless you are a Texas Mile type person. Then I suppose it matters to those folks.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Because the 500 is the better car. Less you forget the DCT on top of that.
No where is my troll spray????
The Explorer is better than anything in its class as well.
Laughs in hellcat Durango.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That is unless you are a Texas Mile type person. Then I suppose it matters to those folks.
The car was built to be a track car. If you are after top speed, then you will have to modify the vehicle for that purpose. Again there is a reason they put a limiter on the car.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I did not say fastest. I said best. šŸ˜
Well I guess thatā€™s fine but forgive me if I think the 710 hp suv with a much better looking front end is the better option. Heck Iā€™d take the rt Durango over any Explorer, V8 and it can tow up to 8,700 lbs.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hmm. And to think Ford had to go to Nardo to do it when they could have simply done it in traffic on the Autobahn while yapping away for YouTube. All the effort wasted away on a track with Randy and specialized timing equipment replaced by a German guy cruising down the highway saying he hit a speed he failed to capture on video.

Sounds legit.
He's Dutch...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Auto Club Speedway, Fontana CA
Yes!! that's what I'm talking about!!

Not many places in the country where us lowly mere mortals can take the car to the limiter.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
If you want to do over 182 MPH get a tune to remove the limiter. I understand that stinks for the handful of people that might want to do top speed runs bone stock but it is what it is. Clearly the car can go faster with nothing more than the governor removed. Trust me I wish Ford would have left the governor off.

Ghoust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
While I don't have anything to back this up, I believe the top speed has to do with rear end gearing limitations. The only reason why the 2013/2014 GT500 would achieve a 200mph top speed is because the rear end was set up with 3.31 gears. Hell, the car could do 0-60 mph in 1st gear and the 6th overdrive gear allowed this car to evade the gas guzzler tax (I believe it achieved 24mpg on the highway). The current GT500 has 3.73 rear end gears and hence the reason for the lower top speed. Any thoughts on this?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If the car had enough real estate, it would exceed 200 MPH if there were no limiter (IMHO). If they build it to go faster than 200, they have to engineer it for that. They probably put a cap at 180 because anything more is not practical for what the car was intended for.
Sponsored