Sponsored

student debt forgiveness is back

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Btw.. I have (7) kids, (2) out of college, (2) in at the moment and (3) to go! I’m not looking for anyone to bail me out! I have been working since I was 11. I’m 57! Get a grip on what you want in life and pay for it! And I still have a 2022 GT350R HERITAGE IN MY GARAGE! 😂😂😂
Um a 2022? Gt350R ?
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello; It is tempting to be rude when you or others make false claims about me. Not sure where you came up with the notion that I favor H-1B visas. I do not recall commenting on that topic at all. So let me be clear. I am not in favor of those work visas and prefer they be avoided.
Once we cut off education, like many of you are suggesting, where do we get the brain power to work the new jobs that are coming (well, here)? Still dreaming manufacturing will return?

Can't continue to do nothing and expect different results. Do we wait for the implosion like we did the housing industry? Everyone knew that was going to end bad... just not when.

Is this to be a tag team thing with the selfish bit?
It was a joke... but now that you mention it... let me allow you to learn something new today. You will like it... a lot of text and links. All jokes side, you take this stuff way too seriously... it is a forum. I enjoy reading your posts.

Here is the new stuff:

Me Generation: The "Me" generation is a term referring to Baby Boomers in the United States and the self-involved qualities that some people associate with it

Baby Boomers selfish sociopaths: “This is how our parents became the most selfish generation”, “All of our social cues are telling us to be selfish right now. Baby Boomers love this because it means they do not have to consider the needs of others, or sacrifice for anyone outside their immediate networks.

Me generation earning its selfish reputation: Baby boomer the “Me Generation” earning its selfish reputation in the hedonistic 1970s and its greed-is-good image in the materialistic 1980s.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You could always sell that POS and buy yourself a civic if you can't afford your car.

Students can't resell a student loan they owe.
You're right. I can sell my car but I can't resell the food and beer that I spent more on than my education. I definitely should be reimbursed whatever the difference is between what I paid for that food and beer and the value of the shit and piss it produced.

Oh, and the same for the 56 years of gas I put in my vehicles and the airline tickets, and ...........

I'm starting to come around on this whole reimbursement thing.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Btw.. I have (7) kids, (2) out of college, (2) in at the moment and (3) to go! I’m not looking for anyone to bail me out! I have been working since I was 11. I’m 57! Get a grip on what you want in life and pay for it! And I still have a 2020 GT350R HERITAGE IN MY GARAGE! 😂😂😂
You keep asking for a bailout... I know it is difficult to make ends meet with so many kids and a hefty car payment.

I get that you are struggling. Sell that POS and get yourself something you can afford. It is not too difficult. I don't have car payments... sorry you have to go through that.

I honestly feel sorry for you. Maybe someone can start a Go Fund Me for you to support your poor life choices.

At 57 you are a boomer as well... know what they say about boomers!!!! lol

None of this has to do with education... good luck to you.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I call it the “X” generation! Everything is expected! I worked my ass off my whole life for my family to have all that ever wanted and needed... not once did I hold my hand out! Get up early, get your days plan together and make a difference for yourself! If your going to wait for someone to hand you something, play the lottery! The odds are the same if not worse!

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Maybe they shouldn't get in over their head with a huge amounts of loan then?

I get college is stupid expensive, but man, if you sign the dotted line, you own it. You HAVE to know what you're getting into before getting into it.
Don't disagree with you... but that does not fix the current situation that both parties seem to believe is an issue.

Nor does it fix the situation for new students arriving to schools this summer.

Every third post can be the same "screw them, they shouldn't have signed" since that does not actually fix anything. What is the solution, if you believe there is an issue?

If you don't believe there is an issue, not really a lot of constructive comments you can have. Dunno... just common sense.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Once we cut off education, like many of you are suggesting, where do we get the brain power to work the new jobs that are coming? Still dreaming manufacturing will return?

Hello; I still cannot use the quote feature of this site. Had to copy and paste the above.

Hello; As I am sure most know there is not a shortage of brain power in my country (USA). Our people are as intelligent as folks from other countries are. I was in the K to 12 public schools for over 30 years so did see for myself.
I will try to be brief, but this will leave out a lot of important details. I went to the first grade in 1953 and graduated high school in 1965. In those days there were not avenues in place for failure as there are now. If I did poorly there was shame attached to failure. (sometimes a paddling) There were societal norms which favored actual success. If I performed poorly I could get F's. A child could be held back in a grade if the teachers gave enough low scores. If I misbehaved it was met with swift and effective discipline.
Now we have social promotion well established so a person can graduate from high school and be basically illiterate and have no math skills. Back in my day cash registers had numbers on them. Teachers are pushed to not give failing grades and if they do an administrator will likely just change them to passing (That has happened to me a number of times as a teacher)
Now there is no effective discipline in the class rooms, or at least not a few years ago. I talk to teachers still in a classroom and they report things are not much better and may be worse since I retired.
I have ideas about education reform but will not go into that here. A point I want to make is even with all the negative things to overcome some students manage to get a fair education. I can talk about how that works some other time. Thing is even the ones who do the best are not getting what they could if these barriers were removed.
Worse are the middle of the road students who have ability but are allowed by the way public education is set up to waste the opportunity. No effective consequences for not doing you best so you goof off. No effective discipline tools for the teachers so the day is filled with disruptions.

Enough from me for now.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Don't disagree with you... but that does not fix the current situation that both parties seem to believe is an issue.

Every third post can be the same "screw them, they shouldn't have signed" since that does not actually fix anything. What is the solution, if you believe there is an issue?

If you don't believe there is an issue, not really a lot of constructive comments you can have. Dunno... just common sense.
Hello; I get you argue for student loan debt forgiveness and have your reasons. Put that aside for a time. Lets stay on the issues of a college education needing to be fixed for a post or two.

Say in some manner all federal student loan debt is forgiven next month. That does something for those with the debt, but how does that "fix" anything? Will the colleges somehow decide to lower their fees? What would their incentive be? The colleges will already have had the money in their very healthy accounts so they do not give up anything.
So next September when school terms start what is to happen. Will the students then sign up for new loans? Under what sort of terms could there be? Say a person who graduates from high school this spring is planning to go to college next fall. Will they be told the loan forgiveness is only for the those already graduated and the new students will have to repay the loans the take out?

I have more on my mind but lets hash these questions out a bit.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Colleges are nothing but businesses. Same as hospitals and any other institutions, in my opinion. Again, that's my opinion. It's not about making people smarter, it's about collecting the dollar bills. Kids have to have someone REALLY explain to them how much and how long their loans are going to last. I blame the parents a lot. They should be more involved with their kid's choices when it comes to spending that amount of money.
Nothing we can say or do will change anyways. As long as you got the government involved, it's doomed. lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and if I didn't have the student loans I have been paying on for the last 14 or so years
geezus man, were you a med student? It should be well within everyone's reach to pay off student loans in 3-5 years. More than that the debt must be at eyewatering levels.
Sponsored