sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Tesla circling the drain.

Too bad Gregg24 has me on ignore. I'd love to hear his spin on this.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ev-market-trouble-latest-sign-205525039.html
Hello; From the link.
" Across the U.S., EV sale rose only 2.6% year over year for the first quarter of 2024, while EV market share against gasoline cars declined, to 7.3%, from 2023's 7.6% record high, according to Kelley Blue Book."

"...the signs are worrisome: In the last half of 2023, new EV sales declined in California, the first negative growth ever reported."

"More than 90% of EV buyers, Brauer’s research shows, are relatively affluent homeowners who have installed their own chargers and own two vehicles or more — meaning, in most cases, there’s a gasoline car available for long trips."

"The majority of car buyers aren’t as well off, so the price difference between gasoline cars and electric cars — about $45,000 on average for gas, compared with about $55,000 for electric — is a big issue. (Even that $45,000 is high for millions of buyers, hence the strength of the used car market.)"

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Europe is backing away from EV's, at least the people are. Wish Gregg would comment, I need a laugh.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/europe-revolting-against-tyranny-electric-141125897.html
Or you could just go straight to the source of the figures and avoid the (very obvious) bias of a journalist

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-5-2-in-march-2024-battery-electric-13-market-share/#:~:text=% Others, 3%-,Electric cars,same month of this year.

I‘d urge you to read it and understand it. It‘s only 2024 and more than half of new cars sold in Europe aren’t strictly petrol or diesel already. The trend isn’t changing, but the way your news sources select their data is. Must keep the narrative alive

For some clarity, petrol and diesel lost 2% of market share EACH. Not percentage of their sales, percentage of MARKET SHARE. Meaning, people are choosing them less and less. Weird that your author skipped over that part in their analysis
.. but I guess as long as Germany is providing the necessary figures, who cares about journalistic integrity right?

In the words of the association: (I made the interesting parts bold, so you wouldn’t miss them. You’re welcome.)

“In March 2024, out of all powertrain segments, petrol and diesel were the most significantly impacted by the overall market downturn. Petrol sales decreased by 10.2%, with notable reductions across most EU markets, including France (-17.7%), Spain (-10.1%), and Germany (-3.4%). In contrast, Italy posted growth, with an increase of 5.7%. As a result, market share declined from 37.4% to 35.4% compared to March of the previous year.

The downturn in the diesel market was even more severe, with a 18.5% drop in March.
Substantial declines were seen in the largest markets: France (-32.1%), Spain (-38%), and Italy (-27.6%), while Germany experienced only a slight reduction of 0.5%. Diesel car sales totalled 128,227 units, accounting for a market share of 12.4%, a decrease from last year’s 14.4%.”

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Or you could just go straight to the source of the figures and avoid the (very obvious) bias of a journalist

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-5-2-in-march-2024-battery-electric-13-market-share/#:~:text=% Others, 3%-,Electric cars,same month of this year.

I‘d urge you to read it and understand it. It‘s only 2024 and more than half of new cars sold in Europe aren’t strictly petrol or diesel already. The trend isn’t changing, but the way your news sources select their data is. Must keep the narrative alive

For some clarity, petrol and diesel lost 2% of market share EACH. Not percentage of their sales, percentage of MARKET SHARE. Meaning, people are choosing them less and less. Weird that your author skipped over that part in their analysis
.. but I guess as long as Germany is providing the necessary figures, who cares about journalistic integrity right?

In the words of the association: (I made the interesting parts bold, so you wouldn’t miss them. You’re welcome.)

“In March 2024, out of all powertrain segments, petrol and diesel were the most significantly impacted by the overall market downturn. Petrol sales decreased by 10.2%, with notable reductions across most EU markets, including France (-17.7%), Spain (-10.1%), and Germany (-3.4%). In contrast, Italy posted growth, with an increase of 5.7%. As a result, market share declined from 37.4% to 35.4% compared to March of the previous year.

The downturn in the diesel market was even more severe, with a 18.5% drop in March.
Substantial declines were seen in the largest markets: France (-32.1%), Spain (-38%), and Italy (-27.6%), while Germany experienced only a slight reduction of 0.5%. Diesel car sales totalled 128,227 units, accounting for a market share of 12.4%, a decrease from last year’s 14.4%.”
Diesel is effectively dead in the UK for cars now, and many European countries too. Market share has collapsed, but not really surprising as hybrids have made petrol just as good as diesel was without the pollution issues. Ford do not sell any diesel cars in the UK now (they do sell diesel commercial vehicles and their derivatives still).

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ice age data analysis offers good news for Earth's current climate woes (msn.com)

“By analyzing data from the Last Glacial Maximum, the study's results show significant deviations from current warming projections.”
‘The best-case, and most likely estimates, for warming due to doubling CO2 levels remain unchanged at about 2 and 3 degrees Celsius, respectively.”
“However, the worst-case scenario has been reduced by a full degree, from 5 to 4 degrees Celsius.’
"This paper allows us to produce more confident predictions because it really brings down the upper end of future warming, and says that the most extreme scenario is less likely," Armour enthused.”'
"The authors caution that recent decades are not a reliable predictor of future global warming trends.”
“Shorter-term climate cycles and the effects of atmospheric pollution are just some of the reasons why recent patterns cannot be relied upon to forecast the rest of the century.”
"The spatial pattern of global warming in the most recent 40 years doesn't look like the long-term pattern we expect in the future -- the recent past is a bad analog for future global warming," emphasized Armour.”

Hello; for the true believers this link will have bits to grasp. Maybe like back during Covid as somewhat honest researchers began to publish finding refuting claims we now know to have been exaggerated or false. In order to not be ostracized for their contradictory findings, on say natural immunity, they would throw in a bit such as “ go get the shots anyway.”

My point in posting this link is to point out a sort of thing too often dismissed. That being the evidence/findings used for many years, even decades, ago to start the global warming/climate change campaigns are not so settled after all. I have tried to make a similar point about climate computer models in regard to how they do not always match actual conditions when tested.

Now we have a recent study throwing shade on climate findings the champions/true believers have been relying on for a long time. Without going into one of my too long spiels let me say you are not a Neanderthal for having doubts about the global warming agenda.

Is the climate changing? Yes. Just as it has for billions of years. We are largely along for the ride.

Have we polluted and nastied up the place where we live? Yes, we have.

Have we added a layer of effect onto the natural climate change mechanisms? Perhaps yes.

Is our influence sufficient to warrant destruction of global life enabling and proven transport & energy production systems? I suspect not, but the champions are willing to risk our lives because they believe so.
Could it be our small influence has helped postponed the start of another ice age? I do not know but seems worth a look.
Sponsored