Rear Diff Cover

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Where might one purchase the FluiX Rear Differential cover should they want to give it a try?
Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@ FluiX - have you had a chance to install in any other cars?

It would be great to review a test plan ahead of time with initial temps from stock cover. Then repeat test with new cover and report back data.

Agree that some ambient and track temps would be good info as well as multiple sessions.

Great to see the initiatives and appreciate the hard work and investment.

Merry Christmas!

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@ FluiX - have you had a chance to install in any other cars?

It would be great to review a test plan ahead of time with initial temps from stock cover. Then repeat test with new cover and report back data.

Agree that some ambient and track temps would be good info as well as multiple sessions.

Great to see the initiatives and appreciate the hard work and investment.

Merry Christmas!
Thank you! Yes, I sent one to Alejandro Flores to make a Youtube video. He reported up to 30 F temperature drop, but I believe he re-used the initial temp sensor of the car, vs. installing a new one like @JohnVallo. Alex only mentioned the cover in a short clip so far, but I hope he will make a full video on it. I am not sure if re-using the inital temp sensor or installing a different one may yield a larger error. Harrop Australia will also make tests soon, then I can report back with more results.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Looking forward to seeing more testing and results and hope they are everything you are shooting for - you've put a lot of effort into it.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Also looking forward to more results. Just an amateur tracker myself, but the GT 5.0 overheats quickly enough anyway, so I adapt my driving style to compensate with a few "hard" (well, according to my skill level. Would be easy for the more skilled drivers here) laps, then one or two cool down laps, then harder laps again.

Basically want to know if this cover is enough to avoid the car going into limp mode due to the differential overheating, or whether some sort of active cooling will be required in addition anyway. If this cover, perhaps with a little bit of help from some passive heatshield over the exhaust near the diff, is enough that'd be really great.

I have good quality heatshield in my garage, but have not installed yet as I can't seem to ever find the time to figure out how to analyse the with/without heatshield benefits yet, though I've seen reports from others here indicating that it at least seems to make the temperature rise slower. I'm thinking some plots of ambient temperature coupled with at least one heat source H that's both dependent on how hard I'm driving and relatively independent of any external cooling done to the differential (e.g., engine temperature, oil temperature, or whatever is better and available via OBD), and the diff temperature. Presumably there will be decent correlation between whatever is chosen as H and the diff temperature, both rising in a reproducible manner. If so, it should be easy to analyse how things change once heatshield is applied in an attempt to reduce/slow the temperature increase of the differential. Would like to see something similar for your cover.

I understand if you prefer others to do it to avoid suspicions of bias or worse, but testing this in a meaningful way requires some thought and planing I think, and perhaps it's not so easy to find somebody else both willing and competent to do that. Seeing what you wrote I'm now hoping Harrop will do it, but if not, I think I'm not the only one who would prefer to see some scientific tests done by you, if nothing else.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Agree .... is Alexandro Flores just some guy who makes you tube videos?

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Something came in the mail today

FluiX Rear Diff Cover.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

FluiX Rear Diff Cover.jpg
neat, he's painting them flat gold or bronze now? :)
Hmm I guess the color could be construed as Magnesium ala motorcycle engine side cover coloring as practiced by Honda and Yamaha.

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It's the lighting - LOL
Now that you mention it a gold (painted) rear diff cover would look pretty cool

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Agree .... is Alexandro Flores just some guy who makes you tube videos?
He makes YouTube videos in his free time, but Alex works as a tuner for Lund Racing.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for that recommendation Oryx. Unfortunately, the solenoids can’t be rotated clockwise anymore. That would press the nitrous feed line down into the coolant hose and cause alignment issues with the hard nitrous lines between the solenoids and plate.
Will you be preparing a before and after test plan?

raab02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP2
Mine arrived as well.

Incredible shipping time... I ordered mid-day Thursday (Eastern Time) and the cover arrived mid-day Tuesday.

The part looks very well made and machined.

I'm hopeful I can get it swapped in this weekend. I'll be doing this in a friend's garage, on jack stands, and hopefully re-using all original hardware and temp sensor (with new red sealant).

I'll be able to report back on install, but not much in the way of before/after temps, since as I said above I've only ever gotten the warning once at Barber and I won't be back there for a while.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Mine arrived as well.

Incredible shipping time... I ordered mid-day Thursday (Eastern Time) and the cover arrived mid-day Tuesday.

The part looks very well made and machined.

I'm hopeful I can get it swapped in this weekend. I'll be doing this in a friend's garage, on jack stands, and hopefully re-using all original hardware and temp sensor (with new red sealant).

I'll be able to report back on install, but not much in the way of before/after temps, since as I said above I've only ever gotten the warning once at Barber and I won't be back there for a while.
Thank you! Install details would be great. I've only had alerts a couple of times as well.
Sponsored