Sponsored

Seat Belt Height Adjustment

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hi guys,

My 2020 GT's seat belt keeps cutting into my neck! I thought about getting some seat belt pads, but I was wondering if there is a mod or aftermarket part that I can use to make it height adjustable. Another option is to wear turtlenecks, but I live in Florida!

Thank you
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Raise your seat a tad. Done.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My base seats have a strap on the side to capture the seatbelt, dunno about premiums.
Premiums too :). I was surprised a $50K+ car doesn't have freaking adjustable seatbelts (geez), but fortunately, it doesn't bother me using the strap mentioned above being 5'10".

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Get one of those fluffy seat belt pads 😀

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
i just got a new 2021. Same problem cutting into neck. Have to find a solution .

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Interested too

p.s. the link should be https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/
Oops. Thanks for correcting the link posting.

I had doubts when I first got them, because I couldn't foresee how a 7-inch extension of the seat belt connector would help -- but they were perfect. With the extender, the belt runs over my shoulder, not my neck. Being an un-tall person, I use them in every car now.

Before I found out about seat belt extenders, I used to use a carabiner to clip the belts together to pull the shoulder strap off of my neck. But that was not a graceful solution, and it eventually caused the edge of the seat belt strap to fray a little.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Oops. Thanks for correcting the link posting.

I had doubts when I first got them, because I couldn't foresee how a 7-inch extension of the seat belt connector would help -- but they were perfect. With the extender, the belt runs over my shoulder, not my neck. Being an un-tall person, I use them in every car now.

Before I found out about seat belt extenders, I used to use a carabiner to clip the belts together to pull the shoulder strap off of my neck. But that was not a graceful solution, and it eventually caused the edge of the seat belt strap to fray a little.
I went to read on their website and it seems it’s for really large folk or physically impaired .
how will it keep belt fronm cutting in neck ?
btw I’m 200lbs and 5’11” if that helps explain.
thanks

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I went to read on their website and it seems it’s for really large folk or physically impaired .
how will it keep belt fronm cutting in neck ?
btw I’m 200lbs and 5’11” if that helps explain.
thanks
Well, I'm only about 5'7", and 160 lbs. They work great for me. I even use them in rental cars that don't have built-in adjustments. I was surprised by how well they work.

Think about where your seat belt presently connects, and consider the angle of the shoulder belt when it's connected. Now imagine if the seat belt connection was seven inches to the left. The angle of the shoulder strap, if it connects just seven inches to the left, changes so that the belt runs properly over the shoulder.

By the way, car dealers used to provide them for free, because it's considered a safety issue. Some years back, I "bought" them from a Ford dealer for 4 cents. (The 4-cent charge had to do with spreading out shipping costs, or something like that.) You might ask your friendly dealer if they still have them.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Well, I'm only about 5'7", and 160 lbs. They work great for me. I even use them in rental cars that don't have built-in adjustments. I was surprised by how well they work.

Think about where your seat belt presently connects, and consider the angle of the shoulder belt when it's connected. Now imagine if the seat belt connection was seven inches to the left. The angle of the shoulder strap, if it connects just seven inches to the left, changes so that the belt runs properly over the shoulder.

By the way, car dealers used to provide them for free, because it's considered a safety issue. Some years back, I "bought" them from a Ford dealer for 4 cents. (The 4-cent charge had to do with spreading out shipping costs, or something like that.) You might ask your friendly dealer if they still have them.
That makes perfect sense thanks.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
how will it keep belt fronm cutting in neck?
To visualize it better, think about a 3' extender; the belt would basically be vertical, so it's only logical a 7" extension will bring the angle down some :). Not an elegant fix, but a fix nonetheless. Seatbelt adjustment should be a mandated feature, since cheap skates like Ford still don't provide them, even in $50K+ cars; unbelievable. Thankfully, for me, the seatbelt is barely adequate, so no adjustment needed.
Sponsored