Reporting on Reliability

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Bought my new ‘19 last June, Fathers Day. Now have just over 4K miles. Zero issues with the exception of one, but not really.
Did an oil change around 1300. Consumed about one quart form 1300-3000 then it stopped. I mean it stopped consuming oil altogether. Don’t know what this means but I’m not complaining.
Reminds me....I need to check my passenger side catch can. Really, really a fun car!
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
"I'm on my 19th gt350 and all of them blew an engine within the first 64 miles" "I swear it wasn't my fault".

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
2018 with about 7,500 trouble free miles (knock wood!). Never added a drop of oil between changes. Oil checked cold before every ride.

I sleep at night with my 8 year B2B warranty under my pillow.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
2018 with about 7,500 trouble free miles (knock wood!). Never added a drop of oil between changes. Oil checked cold before every ride.

I sleep at night with my 8 year B2B warranty under my pillow.
Warranties are a good option, especially when considering how much electronics modern cars have.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 with 9500 miles on it and it has been trouble free since purchasing it new almost 4 years ago.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Warranties are a good option, especially when considering how much electronics modern cars have.
This is the reason that I passed on a early 90’s “garage queen” that I always wanted back in the day when I was “kicking tires” 15 months ago. The nature of the “electronic” fuel systems that I have observed since they have come into play from the mid 80’s and moving forward is that there always is a “sensor” that goes out leading to all sorts of unpleasant outcomes from something as mild as a “check engine” light warning with no impact on the performance of the vehicle to a more alarming outcome of the vehicle going into “limp mode.” The real question will be of finding reliable replacement “parts” (electronic components) for these modern day “garage queens” 20 plus years down the road especially as the subcontracted manufacturer has long stopped production. I am in full agreement with the long term B2B warranty of which I purchased for both of my stangs. At least I have good coverage for 8 years.

As for the OP, my 2020 purchased on the 17th of January has 970 flawless miles. I recently changed the oil at 935 miles before the cold air of December arrived. I am pleased and have no complaints.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is the reason that I passed on a early 90’s “garage queen” that I always wanted back in the day when I was “kicking tires” 15 months ago. The nature of the “electronic” fuel systems that I have observed since they have come into play from the mid 80’s and moving forward is that there always is a “sensor” that goes out leading to all sorts of unpleasant outcomes from something as mild as a “check engine” light warning with no impact on the performance of the vehicle to a more alarming outcome of the vehicle going into “limp mode.” The real question will be of finding reliable replacement “parts” (electronic components) for these modern day “garage queens” 20 plus years down the road especially as the subcontracted manufacturer has long stopped production. I am in full agreement with the long term B2B warranty of which I purchased for both of my stangs. At least I have good coverage for 8 years.

As for the OP, my 2020 purchased on the 17th of January has 970 flawless miles. I recently changed the oil at 935 miles before the cold air of December arrived. I am pleased and have no complaints.
You got your 2020 two weeks after I picked up a 2019.
Hope everyone has a good Christmas.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350

all I got out of that post was that you've owned the car for nearly a year and only have 970 miles on it. 😟

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
2019 that I picked up in late March 2020. 14.5k miles with probably 13k miles from July to now. 3 oil changes, one new set of tires, and one track day in the books and thankfully still running strong. Really glad I got this car, has been able to really handle everything.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
2016 with 43,000 miles.

8 track days I believe.

My biggest problem is windshields. I’m on my third and it got a crack late October coming home from Thunderhill. Currently watching it spiderweb across the windshield and will soon be on my fourth.

Same driving style on my 350Z, and over 200,000 miles on that car I didn’t need to replace the windshield once. Just been very unlucky with the one on the GT350. But I’ll gladly sacrifice a windshield to the car gods now and then in order to keep the motor running well.

-T

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
2016 with 43,000 miles.

8 track days I believe.

My biggest problem is windshields. I’m on my third and it got a crack late October coming home from Thunderhill. Currently watching it spiderweb across the windshield and will soon be on my fourth.

Same driving style on my 350Z, and over 200,000 miles on that car I didn’t need to replace the windshield once. Just been very unlucky with the one on the GT350. But I’ll gladly sacrifice a windshield to the car gods now and then in order to keep the motor running well.

-T
Wonder if something like this actually works?

Windshield Protection Film | ExoShield (getexoshield.com)
Sponsored