• Coyote

• Voodoo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have 35,000 miles and 6 track days on my 2016 GT350. I add a quart of oil every 1500 miles or so. Running great so far.

Friend at work got a used GT (pre-refresh, can’t remember mileage), and it developed a misfire. The dealer messed around with the intake which seemed to fix the problem, but soon after it happened again but much more severe. Turned out to be a broken valve spring. Dealer fixed it and the car has been running great since.

I voted the coyote as more reliable, but you never know what your specific vehicle will do.

-T

OP
OP
Braaaaaap

Braaaaaap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' Toyota 4Runner (Supercharged), 20' GT350
You will not see better than 13 mpg in the city , purely city driving... Freeway, if you cruise at say 70Mph, it will get you 24, tops. Mine is a 16 Track pack with no oil consumption and no issues to date (knock on wood), just shy of 13k miles now.
That is some pretty low fuel economy in the city. I might have to rethink all my expenses. Those new GTs get some pretty awesome fuel economy for what they are. I’ll knock on wood for you - it’s good to hear you’ve had good experiences!
I daily mine, 12 MPG 25% city/75% highway. No issues to report.
Do you floor it a lot?! That’s some epic fuel economy! Again, glad to hear you have no issues to report!
These posts keep popping up every time another has no attention. Just use the search, it's not hard.
I’ve spent hours searching the forums. I’ve read heaps of stories about air condition units. I’ve heard about plenty of people having their car sitting with the dealership for months because the dealership is trying to get an engine. That’s why i created this thread. I want to hear about the people who aren’t having problems.
I have 35,000 miles and 6 track days on my 2016 GT350. I add a quart of oil every 1500 miles or so. Running great so far.

Friend at work got a used GT (pre-refresh, can’t remember mileage), and it developed a misfire. The dealer messed around with the intake which seemed to fix the problem, but soon after it happened again but much more severe. Turned out to be a broken valve spring. Dealer fixed it and the car has been running great since.

I voted the coyote as more reliable, but you never know what your specific vehicle will do.

-T
Really good perspective on each specific vehicle being different. Totally agree. Sounds like you’ve got one of the higher mileage 350s on the forums. I’m glad you’re enjoying it - sounds as though it’s a hit or a miss with all these cars. I wonder if we’ll see them hitting 100k in the upcoming years!

I was really shocked ford didn’t use a flat plane crank in their GT500, but I understand they apparently did it for torque. It sounds like they’re using the same block as the 350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I voted that the Coyote is more reliable, but I really have no idea. No one on here does. I think the earlier, non-direct injected Coyote is probably more reliable than the latest version, however. I have 32,000 miles on my GT350 with lots of daily driving and a few handfulls of track days - also many months parked due to winter weather. The engine doesn't burn any oil and I haven't had a single engine-related problem.

On fuel economy, I got about 19 mpg with my 2015 Mustang GT and I get about 18 with the GT350. I drive the same route. I was surprised that the fuel economy is so similar between the two. It makes sense though. Same size car and similar sized engine. And I try not to flaunt traffic laws too much. It's possible the biggest difference causing the 1 mpg change is more track time in the GT350, because I only got to the track once with the GT.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I voted that the Coyote is more reliable, but I really have no idea. No one on here does. I think the earlier, non-direct injected Coyote is probably more reliable than the latest version, however. I have 32,000 miles on my GT350 with lots of daily driving and a few handfulls of track days - also many months parked due to winter weather. The engine doesn't burn any oil and I haven't had a single engine-related problem.

On fuel economy, I got about 19 mpg with my 2015 Mustang GT and I get about 18 with the GT350. I drive the same route. I was surprised that the fuel economy is so similar between the two. It makes sense though. Same size car and similar sized engine. And I try not to flaunt traffic laws too much. It's possible the biggest difference causing the 1 mpg change is more track time in the GT350, because I only got to the track once with the GT.
Man I get 13-15 mpg. I don't think I could get 18 if I tried. Then again I drive it like she was meant to be driven.
My car is a 2018 and I changed the oil over to the more superior amsoil when the clock turned 1000 miles and she doesn't burn a drop. Only 3600 on my clock but smooth sailing so far.
With that said at the dealership right now as I write this. Had two pin holes in my rear CV shaft boot, spewing grease. It has been chalked up to driving over something and it getting punctured. I would hardly relate it to a reliability issue.

Sponsored

Cpove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2017 F150
fuel eco around town (i'm in canada) I've been good for around 13L/100Kms which i think is pretty great all things considered. Reliability wise I'm wondering if i have one of the higher mile cars around as my car sits currently at around 20 000 miles (38000KM) and have no defects which the car except for the odd nuisance stuff. My engine does consume oil at a rate of around 1Q/1300kms but cars happy as long as I keep things topped up.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Braaaap, welcome to the forum. I think it’s pretty clear now that a 5.0 will be more your speed. It’ll have better mpg, more widely available, you can take it to any ford dealership for service without having to worry about whether the mechanic/technician is knowledgeable on voodoo engines or not, parts will be cheaper, the 5.0 community will be larger, there will be more aftermarket options and etc. The 5.0 is still a pretty damn good car, which I think will suit your needs better.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
I daily my '17 GT350 (14K miles, moderate-to-spirited use, no track). Oil consumption is low, I've added less than two quarts of oil between changes. The engine has been reliable, no issues.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Where's Randy M? He must be on vacation without internet access.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
2016 GT350R #33 Track and drive it in spring and fall. Summer only to a car cruise. My car is a base so no A/C and that thing gets hot with little to no insulation. Just turned over 14K and looking forward to 15k.

NO ISSUES!
13 MPG never use 6th and always ride out the gear to about 4k before shifting

5 MPG on the track and use every little bit of 8250 RPM HUD set to 8200 RPM

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Man I get 13-15 mpg. I don't think I could get 18 if I tried. Then again I drive it like she was meant to be driven.
My car is a 2018 and I changed the oil over to the more superior amsoil when the clock turned 1000 miles and she doesn't burn a drop. Only 3600 on my clock but smooth sailing so far.
With that said at the dealership right now as I write this. Had two pin holes in my rear CV shaft boot, spewing grease. It has been chalked up to driving over something and it getting punctured. I would hardly relate it to a reliability issue.
I drive it like it's meant to be driven on track, but on the street I tend to obey the law. When I "drive it like it's meant to be driven", I get single digit fuel economy. So if we are bragging about how great we are based on low fuel economy numbers, that's my comeback to you.

I haven't changed to a "more superior" oil. I use the factory recommended oil.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I drive it like it's meant to be driven on track, but on the street I tend to obey the law. When I "drive it like it's meant to be driven", I get single digit fuel economy. So if we are bragging about how great we are based on low fuel economy numbers, that's my comeback to you.

I haven't changed to a "more superior" oil. I use the factory recommended oil.
:clap:

:cwl:

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines will be more reliable than any V8. Until you put THREE T 66 turbos WITH NOS...and a Motec Systems exhaust on it.

OP
OP
Braaaaaap

Braaaaaap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' Toyota 4Runner (Supercharged), 20' GT350
3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines will be more reliable than any V8. Until you put THREE T 66 turbos WITH NOS...and a Motec Systems exhaust on it.
Brian, is that you?

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
You will not see better than 13 mpg in the city , purely city driving... Freeway, if you cruise at say 70Mph, it will get you 24, tops. Mine is a 16 Track pack with no oil consumption and no issues to date (knock on wood), just shy of 13k miles now.
Unless you hit a red light every block, I think you can do a lot better than 13, but maybe I'm the weird one. Too and from work I drive pretty tame (unless I take the back way home). There is just no point in driving aggressively during my commute since that's just going to get me to somebody's bumper or the next red light. I have no problem averaging 17-18 mpg.
Sponsored