Sponsored

Flat Plane Crankshaft Reliability?

flatsix66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 C Package
Has there been any confirmed reports on crankshaft failure on the Voodoo engine? This video sort of suggests that there has been third hand reports of at least of a number of failures with the crank. Around the 6:30 mark [ame] . Is this something to be concerned about?
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I saw that I have not heard of any not sure where they for that from, I couldn't find any mention when I searched

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Has there been any confirmed reports on crankshaft failure on the Voodoo engine? This video sort of suggests that there has been third hand reports of at least of a number of failures with the crank. Around the 6:30 mark . Is this something to be concerned about?
Don't really care, that's what the extended warranty will be for. If the engine breaks after the 8 year warranty is up, well boy it's going to be one hell of a NA engine once I'm done with it!

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I heard from this guy at work who knows this guy who said his BMW salesman told him......

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from this guy at work who knows this guy who said his BMW salesman told him......
Well if a competitor salesman says it, it must be true. :paddle:

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The two guys In that video are morons. I've seen the guy on the left do a gt350 video in the past about the o-60 times...he should be doing reviews on CROCKS or copy machines

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Who told them they would be good at reviewing cars? I wouldn't quit the day job.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of the chevy silverado vs f-150 commercial where chevy claims the miltary grade aluminum cant withstand punishment. Exactly the opposite is true, its more dent resistant then steel! When a competitor has to mention its competitors in ad campaigns it means they're getting served some serious butt whip on the market. So much so that they have to resort to lies to boost the sales of their products..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I watch their videos just because I enjoy watching YouTube reviews. So this is for them if they read this forum at all:

You totally missed the mark! I own or have owned both Mustangs you reference, the 350 was top end of my budget, so the price upgrade was a big deal to me, and I have zero regrets!

Unlike the Camaro and Corvette, same ENGINE, mag-ride, etc., the 5.2 FPC is an entirely different experience than the 5.0 and worth the money by itself, let alone the differences in suspension, looks, etc., etc. I don't have to ring it out 180mph to have fun, it's called 4K-8K rpms in 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd gears and I'm still not going to jail.

If Nathan is willing to choose a GolfR difference, he should be slapped for not willing to pay the $$ difference on Voodoo vs. Coyote, and suspension setup.

I get 1 chance a year (Sturgis Mustang Rally over Labor Day) to have fun on mountain roads vs. my normal straight highways where I live. Last year I had my GTPP, this year the Shelby GT350, they are so much farther from each other than I thought.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
No, there was a couple failures very early in the deliveries, but its not down to the design. Its a hand built engine.

Since then we haven't heard of any. Which means that something wasn't going right in assembly and has been corrected.

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
The two guys In that video are morons. I've seen the guy on the left do a gt350 video in the past about the o-60 times...he should be doing reviews on CROCKS or copy machines
That 0-60 video was done in my GT350 Track Pack up on the mountain and I was not babying my car and I did seven hard pulls on it up there.

I am pushing the 12000 mile mark and no problems at all. I have not read or heard of any failures on the crankshaft for the Voodoo

Enjoy the car and drive it :headbang:

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
Also no one here has ever linked anything as far as crank failure - seemingly all problems have been derived of improperly secured oil filters.
Sponsored