Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My second in probably as many years cheap electric pressure washer bit the dust today. Thought it might have been the GFI dongle as it was on the first machine (AR Blue) but I cut that off and wired a plug directly, no help. Into the trash minus the cable, hose, and my aftermarket wand.

"I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more." (If you can name the character who said that, you get something extra from Santa.) :cool:

So, I bit the bullet and ordered OG's favorite car washing rig. Hopefully, I won't be chucking this fella into the trash for at least ten years. <laughing>

It's a Kranzle portable. Were I still up North where we all had big drains in the garage, I might have gone with a wall unit but it just doesn't get that cold down here where you can't wash a vehicle outdoors in the Winter. I figure this would come in handy on other jobs, too where I don't want or need the Honda-powered version I have out back.

1607724505119.png

Grabbed a shot of Sarah right after the damn thing quit working...and the water just fell off those wheels, BTW.

1607724566332.jpeg

Some of you may remember me whining about the horrible condition of the roads around here..(magnified by the shipping blocks in the rear!) well, good things come to those who wait I guess. See where the arrow is pointing? Yep, that's a road crew and they're paving the main road in and out of here.

1607724653093.jpeg

1607724665480.jpeg

Good old "Public Works." :cool:

1607724694196.jpeg

Drove her around the block a couple times after the wash job, doing some accelerating/braking to warm up the rotors and pads and hopefully dry them off. I don't expect to have the stuck pads again by using this procedure after a wash.

Now, who knows when the rear pads will be available from PowerStop.

I'll report on the pressure washer after it arrives and I get her set up.

KB
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
6a00d8341cbf9a53ef010536e74b64970b-600wi.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Drove her around the block a couple times after the wash job, doing some accelerating/braking to warm up the rotors and pads and hopefully dry them off. I don't expect to have the stuck pads again by using this procedure after a wash.

I'll report on the pressure washer after it arrives and I get her set up.

KB
Cure for stuck pucks, don't apply the parking brake.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Cure for stuck pucks, don't apply the parking brake.
Honestly, I've only tested the parking brake once, Earl although I never use it in practice. The problem down here near the Equator is the extremely high humidity. Couple that with a car wash and some very wet rotors/pads and then NOT driving the car afterward, is a recipe for stuck pucks. :-) The new PowerStop pads don't seem to even think about rusting though.

KB

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Honestly, I've only tested the parking brake once, Earl although I never use it in practice. The problem down here near the Equator is the extremely high humidity. Couple that with a car wash and some very wet rotors/pads and then NOT driving the car afterward, is a recipe for stuck pucks. :-) The new PowerStop pads don't seem to even think about rusting though.

KB
I thought that it was the parking brake pucks that were sticking to the rotor.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
So, I bit the bullet and ordered OG's favorite car washing rig. Hopefully, I won't be chucking this fella into the trash for at least ten years.
Matt seems to do some pretty OCD research on most everything he uses... let's hope he nailed this one.
I am getting a Sun Joe and I hope I won't be doing what you just did in a short time.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Dave, all I can say is, "best of luck" but I can tell you that from the AR Blue cheapos on down the line, they're all like the Sun Jo, I'm afraid. Different colors, hooks, cosmetic stuff but the two I had were basically identical and the first was the AR Blue.

I know I'm gonna love this one (and I dang sure better for what it cost.) :-) You DO get what you pay for, most of the time.

KB

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I thought that it was the parking brake pucks that were sticking to the rotor.
Nope, both front and rear were the iron-impregnated OEM pads, Earl. That was the problem, the old, Fe. :cool:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
KB, those are some funky telephone poles I see. Are they coated or treated with something for....?

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Creosote is used on utility poles as protection against weather and insects

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I know I'm gonna love this one (and I dang sure better for what it cost.) :-) You DO get what you pay for, most of the time.

KB
Rest assured, you will not regret your purchase.

Earlier this year, I decided it was about time to replace my very well used Karcher. The hose was starting to wear and I was noticing a loss in performance.

may2611.jpg

I looked at a few other machines, including a more powerful Karcher. In the end I didn't want to settle for something that would just leave me wondering. I also hated the hoses and guns that come standard on most consumer grade pressure washers. So I ordered a Kranzle K1122TST (K1152TST in Australia) with an MTM package.

may271.jpg

may265.jpg

The kit replaces the standard Kranzle gun and wand, which is both heavy and unbalanced, and allows for flexibility with regards to running a wand, short gun or foam cannon.

jun12.jpg

jun13.jpg

jun14.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

I love how the hose is long enough to go entirely around the vehicle as well as rolling neatly on the machine when not in use. With swiveling fittings, there are no tangled hoses here!

These machines also have an oil supply.

IMG_5950.jpg

Another thing to note is that the machine must be laid down for use, not upright.

IMG_5956.jpg

As you said, you get what you pay for, something that will be apparent when notice how heavy it is.

jun1.jpg

Like I said at the start, you are going to love using this machine.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
HOLY SMOKE, @DFB5.0 thank you much for the post and all the photos. Pretty sure that is essentially the machine I ordered and the photos were an especially nice bonus.

And roger on the the negatives you mentioned about the cheapos, short and tangled hoses, etc.

Now I have to find a place to STORE it as I can't hang that monster like the cheapos.

KB
Sponsored