Sponsored

How many of you have NEVER owned a Mustang previously?

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
First V8, first Mustang for me.
Down here in Oz, American V8's are expensive as they need to be converted from LHD to RHD.
Until the S550 of course. The price is quite reasonable.
Previous cars of mine have all been Japanese - the daily driver 'family car' is a Subaru Liberty/Legacy 3.6R.
Sponsored

Fossil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2106 GT Mustang
First V8, first Mustang for me.
Down here in Oz, American V8's are expensive as they need to be converted from LHD to RHD.
Until the S550 of course. The price is quite reasonable.
Previous cars of mine have all been Japanese - the daily driver 'family car' is a Subaru Liberty/Legacy 3.6R.
Hi TomOz,
Fossil here on the Sunshine Coast near Maroochydore in "God's Country", Queensland - You know, home pf the AFL Grand Final this year, and possibly next year as well if Dictator Dan can't get his s**t together!!
Anyway, first Mustang for me also; 2016 GT and so far quite pleased with the build and performance. Sold a 1977 C3 Corvette to get the Mustang and like you, we have a conservative family car, a Peugeot 308 diesel 2L turbo. A mate bought a 2016 GT at roughly the same time that I bought mine. His has 26,000k on the clock and on the way from picking it up from south of Brisbane, the A/C packed it in. Not a happy camper as he bought the car privately. Anyway, the decent bloke who sold him the car came good with some coin to get the problem fixed and all is well that ends well. Ours is Competition Orange; his is Red and both with silver rims; looks better than the black rims in our opinion. Cheers, Fossil.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
It's my first Mustang,(yep) first american car (nope) and first rear wheel drive car (nope).
Also first coupe (yep) and first sports car (yep).
Oh, I almost forgot - my first V8 also (yep).

A lot of virginity gone at once...
I claim second base :blush:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
First mustang (they are still quite rare in the U.K.).

First V8 (they aren't particularly popular over here either).

About the only thing that’s not new for me is RWD (1 x FWD, 2 x AWD & 7 x RWD) and this is my 6th ford powered car.

Im 45 so you can see I don’t change cars often - I currently still own three of the above :like:

WD :like:

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
First Mustang, definitely not first Ford or coupe.

I’ve had
‘86 Cutlass 442
‘86 vette
‘94 S10 ZR2
‘95 Silverado
‘69 Chevelle SS396
‘13 F150
‘14 Focus ST
‘93 vette Z07
‘17 Wranger
‘18 Focus ST
‘19 F150
And finally a ‘20 GT PP1.

I still have the Chevelle to go with the GT. The 19 F150 was nice, but I got bored of not having a fun daily, and thanks to COVID the used prices on them is stupid high right now. I paid $34k for it new OTD in November ‘19 because of the good rebates and it had hail damage. A friend does PDR and got all the hail damage out, and traded it in. They gave me $35.5 trade in. It was a no brainer to go to the GT, both kids fit in the back, 6 year old in a booster and 2 year old in a forward facing car seat.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
First Mustang that I've owned. I only other car I had was a Crown Vic and a Scion tC

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
First Mustang, but not my first V8, or manual, or Ford, or domestic, or 2 door coupe...............

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
Hi TomOz,
Fossil here on the Sunshine Coast near Maroochydore in "God's Country", Queensland - You know, home pf the AFL Grand Final this year, and possibly next year as well if Dictator Dan can't get his s**t together!!
Anyway, first Mustang for me also; 2016 GT and so far quite pleased with the build and performance. Sold a 1977 C3 Corvette to get the Mustang and like you, we have a conservative family car, a Peugeot 308 diesel 2L turbo. A mate bought a 2016 GT at roughly the same time that I bought mine. His has 26,000k on the clock and on the way from picking it up from south of Brisbane, the A/C packed it in. Not a happy camper as he bought the car privately. Anyway, the decent bloke who sold him the car came good with some coin to get the problem fixed and all is well that ends well. Ours is Competition Orange; his is Red and both with silver rims; looks better than the black rims in our opinion. Cheers, Fossil.
Hey Fossil,
I think we're all sick of 'Dunno Dan'. I still like to take the 'stang out once a week (no more than 5 km's from home though!).
My area in Melbourne has many Mustangs. The guy who lives behind me has a black 2016 GT with an X-Force variable exhaust. He's only 5 metres behind the back fence, so I hear him quite well when he starts up. There's a white GT that also lives nearby.

I'm a recent Mustang owner. Bought my Ruby Red 2018 in May this year with 12,000km on it as we needed a 2nd car! Have put on only 2,000km at this stage.

So far have put on bonnet struts, and have a Rouch H-pipe ready to install when I'm allowed to.

Besides the 2k rattle on the Gen 3 Mustangs, and the typewriter tic (which Ceratec addresed) I've been very happy with mine.

I just have to remember it's a powerful RWD car and to warm the rear tyres up before I have some fun. :cool:

My car has the black rims which I prefer (can see less brake dust)
Cheers...
Tom.

Fossil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2106 GT Mustang
Hey Fossil,
I think we're all sick of 'Dunno Dan'. I still like to take the 'stang out once a week (no more than 5 km's from home though!).
My area in Melbourne has many Mustangs. The guy who lives behind me has a black 2016 GT with an X-Force variable exhaust. He's only 5 metres behind the back fence, so I hear him quite well when he starts up. There's a white GT that also lives nearby.

I'm a recent Mustang owner. Bought my Ruby Red 2018 in May this year with 12,000km on it as we needed a 2nd car! Have put on only 2,000km at this stage.

So far have put on bonnet struts, and have a Rouch H-pipe ready to install when I'm allowed to.

Besides the 2k rattle on the Gen 3 Mustangs, and the typewriter tic (which Ceratec addresed) I've been very happy with mine.

I just have to remember it's a powerful RWD car and to warm the rear tyres up before I have some fun. :cool:

My car has the black rims which I prefer (can see less brake dust)
Cheers...
Tom.
Hi Tom,
Only had my Stang for a short while and picked it up from a dealer in Noosaville. 2016 model with only 8,250 on the clock. I'm like you only using the car on weekends, however we are waiting to take delivery of a second-hand Peugeot ex Melbourne and until it gets here, the Mustang is our only means of 4 wheeled transport. Only use the 2 wheeled Indian when its not raining. Went for the extended warranty on my Stang as I only got the 3 month warranty from the dealer and with what I've heard from others, it may be a good thing that I did. A/C failures seem to be a regular issue and they are expensive to fix. Other than that, we are pleased with our decision even after being a GM owner for most of my motoring life. Was a sad day when Brock fell out with GM over stupid stuff. Had three of his SS cars and loved each of them.
Fossil

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My first but in my defense how many decent American cars have made it to Europe that can compete with the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes ?

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I have a ‘17 GTPP MT (export), here in Copenhagen, Denmark. This is only my 2nd car. First one was a Smartcar. Both were brand new. Two very different cars, although they are both black, RWD Coupes. :cwl:
Cars are hella expensive here, as we have 150% car taxes. So my GT was 110k USD OTD. With these prices we don’t really have that many Mustangs here. Most ppl can’t afford them, and those who can, usually go German.
But after 3,5 years of ownership I’ve started to have a few guys to talk about my S550. The first good two years, I only had U guys in here and on Instagram to talk to, about this passion of mine.

9C8A05CE-D29A-4794-A644-C4941D6096D5.jpeg

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Ive had during my lifetime almost 45years old all types of sports cars starting with bmws m3s lancer evos 8 and X
Lexus ect.
This is the first Mustang ive owned and love it. The design of the car was a nice sight.
Had always looked at mustangs in the past but didnt like any model especially the ones that went retro.
The only nice one was the 1965 model the other ones i did not like until the s550 came out.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My first car and mostly mustang was a 1967 Mercury Cougar XR7 with 390 GT package. Didn't buy a mustang gt till 2005. It was just plagued with build issues. I'm surprised I bought another one but I prefer 2 door cars. My 2017 GT is far better built.

Scottie409

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Conv
First Mustang and so far I am impressed. Only disappointment are the seatbelts. Had them replaced under warranty and new ones are as bad as the originals. never retract always in the door sill
Sponsored