Sponsored

What's up with ford performance?

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I had a problem installing the procal software my antivirus blocked it. I have been trying to reach ford performance since Friday the 4th. Chat will not work phone goes to a recording saying to use the chat (that's not working) and there has been no response to 3 emails. This is really frustrating! Does anybody know what's going on? Does anybody have another way of contacting ford performance?
Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I've tried to use the Ford Performance customer service/help once.
Phone says to use chat.
Chat took my email to look into it and get back to me.
Never heard back.

On an unrelated note I got a flat tire and tried using Ford's roadside assistance once.
Called, said to go to website, got to type all my info, VIN, address etc (from phone) only to say that it cannot be processed right now and to try again later. Was flabbergasted.

Called AAA and they got here in 15min.

Any kind of Ford service I've used so far has been a big fat 0.

OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why not just disable your AV while you install the software?
That was the first thing I did. The antivirus took the key out and it will not install now. I have tried to restore the quarantined items but the install says you do not have permission. I have tried everything that I can do. I'll have to have a fresh download with key via fpp and then turn off av to install. But can't get any response from fpp anywhere!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
go to best buy, buy cheap-shit computer. install software. return laptop. If you were in Nova I'd hand you a Lenovo X131e with pristine copy of Win10 Business on it, do your update, and hand me the laptop back.

Most people's home computers are full of such incredible crap I wouldn't trust them to use the calculator app.

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I had a problem installing the procal software my antivirus blocked it. I have been trying to reach ford performance since Friday the 4th. Chat will not work phone goes to a recording saying to use the chat (that's not working) and there has been no response to 3 emails. This is really frustrating! Does anybody know what's going on? Does anybody have another way of contacting ford performance?
you'd install it and doscover your engine detonates with their tune, and then again you get no help.

so this could be a good thing that you can't install.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you'd install it and doscover your engine detonates with their tune, and then again you get no help.
We'd have heard about that kind of mal-behavior long ago if that really was a problem.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I just had the ford performance tune installed. I can't get in touch with ford and what I wanted to know is what does the procal tool do. I see it has a bracket to mount it to my windshield is it even worth hooking up and mounting or am I just going to open myself to a bunch of problems that can't be solved because I can't get in touch with ford performance. I'm not looking to change the tune just curious what it's for. Thanks for any help.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ford has all non factory workers working from home remotely.

OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just had the ford performance tune installed. I can't get in touch with ford and what I wanted to know is what does the procal tool do. I see it has a bracket to mount it to my windshield is it even worth hooking up and mounting or am I just going to open myself to a bunch of problems that can't be solved because I can't get in touch with ford performance. I'm not looking to change the tune just curious what it's for. Thanks for any help.
The procal to is what wireless the program to your pcm.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Update, i had to totally uninstall my antivirus to install the procal software.
Persistence pays off. Now I can download the updates and install the kit.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i had to totally uninstall my antivirus to install the procal software.
whose A/V are you fighting? Make sure to install it before coming back to the Forum. This place is infected with all kinds of shady characters and malcontents. :)

OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
whose A/V are you fighting? Make sure to install it before coming back to the Forum. This place is infected with all kinds of shady characters and malcontents. :)
I was fighting avira. I always visit the forums on my Android tablet so no worries. I only use the laptop to burn music to usb's for the cars and to tune my vehicles. I use the tablet the rest of the time.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
go to best buy, buy cheap-shit computer. install software. return laptop. If you were in Nova I'd hand you a Lenovo X131e with pristine copy of Win10 Business on it, do your update, and hand me the laptop back.

Most people's home computers are full of such incredible crap I wouldn't trust them to use the calculator app.
exactly what I did, I found a slow as fuck- 11 inch windows 10 computer. open box, normally 299 for 75. bought it, its only use is ford pro cal and forescan. I leave in garage.
Sponsored