Sponsored

Lockdown boredom already?

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes, I am. I've seen it in person. It doesn't do anything for me.
Totally agree the Stinger is for me a typical and very good example of how difficult it is to get a cars design right and how easy it is to get it wrong. Kia in the case of the stinger seem to have borrowed various pieces of design from Jaguar, M cars, Audi etc stuck it together and behold the Stinger with a complete lack of any cohesion, its truly a horrible looking car IMO.

Build quality, Ford should use better quality materials in the cabin, end of and i will say no more. Most manufactures suffer some panel gapping, paint defects at this price point so i wont hammer Ford on that. Shouldn't happen but does.

Anyway back to those books, look interesting I may try and pick one or both up.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Making a great car takes passion. Given enough money you can make a good car. But a great one takes love and passion, which cannot be faked or bought.
I have no doubt that the Stinger is a good car. But the Mustang, for all its faults, is a great one.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Making a great car takes passion. Given enough money you can make a good car. But a great one takes love and passion, which cannot be faked or bought.
I have no doubt that the Stinger is a good car. But the Mustang, for all its faults, is a great one.
There used to be a lot of passionate Ferrari drivers at the side of the road with steam coming out of their cars!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Most manufactures suffer some panel gapping, paint defects at this price point so i wont hammer Ford on that. Shouldn't happen but does.
Ford do a better job building much cheaper Fiesta's than they do throwing the Mustang together. Even the old £7k KA was better built.

So I will hammer Ford on it or they will just carry on churning out sub standard cars. I would never have considered a Mustang before the 2018+ cars because of the shoddy build and primitive technology. They are now acceptable (ish), at least mine is OK, but some are dreadful even now. Don't make excuses for them, demand better and the very least build them as well as Valencia.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
True. But I bet they wore a big smile at the end of the day.
Yeah, because of the dolly bird that comes with having a Ferrari ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree the Stinger is for me a typical and very good example of how difficult it is to get a cars design right and how easy it is to get it wrong. Kia in the case of the stinger seem to have borrowed various pieces of design from Jaguar, M cars, Audi etc stuck it together and behold the Stinger with a complete lack of any cohesion, its truly a horrible looking car IMO.
Same can be said of the Corvette, GM has FKED that up .

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have to agree the new C8 the more i see it the more I just thing its just a bit overly designed and a little to fussy/complicated looking particularly the rear end. A quick glance from certain angles it looks really good but then on closer inspection i am not so sure. A car I would like to see in the flesh.

The Stinger ive seen in the flesh and it looks worse than in any pictures, its a real shocker, its just sooooo very very wrong. Starts at £41k but no idea what discounts Kia throw at them.

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ford do a better job building much cheaper Fiesta's than they do throwing the Mustang together. Even the old £7k KA was better built.

So I will hammer Ford on it or they will just carry on churning out sub standard cars. I would never have considered a Mustang before the 2018+ cars because of the shoddy build and primitive technology. They are now acceptable (ish), at least mine is OK, but some are dreadful even now. Don't make excuses for them, demand better and the very least build them as well as Valencia.
i am in total agreement mate.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
There's nothing wrong with the build quality, such an exageration and cliche this line. My Mustang has been much more relaible than the BMW I had which rattled and had engine problem.
Also to say that the cars pre 2018 had shoddy build quality and primative technology is a joke. If you want a tech box buy an Audi. What is the wonderful tech that they put on the 18s that didn't have on the 15s?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
There's nothing wrong with the build quality, such an exageration and cliche this line. My Mustang has been much more relaible than the BMW I had which rattled and had engine problem.
Also to say that the cars pre 2018 had shoddy build quality and primative technology is a joke. If you want a tech box buy an Audi. What is the wonderful tech that they put on the 18s that didn't have on the 15s?
We will have to agree to disagree on that one then!

ACC, Digital dash, Improved rear suspension, magneride, active exhaust etc etc - I'm sure you know the spec differences post 2018. At least they ditched the cart springs with the S550. Important to me but maybe not to you.

The 2020 cars have shoddy build quality in places and the 2015's sure weren't any better.

Broken gearboxes, corroding bonnets, woeful paint finish, panel gaps that you can drive a bus through assuming there is a gap and they don't just scrape against each other. Plenty on this forum as examples.

I love my Mustang but I am not blind to the faults (and I have been lucky with the build quality on mine)
Sponsored