Replacement Metal paddle shifter

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I guess I’ll stick with my billet aluminum paddles... lol I can put that $250 towards a steering wheel
D6B9634D-DD43-433A-9CA9-287E9995B990.jpeg
I have the same ones. Just color fill the plus and minus with paint. Makes them look much better
Sponsored

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Did you ever end up getting these on a website or finding a way to lower the production costs?

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Did you ever end up getting these on a website or finding a way to lower the production costs?
I am in the works and have prototypes coming next week! Plan on have the site up mid November. Look out for material speed designs!

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I am in the works and have prototypes coming next week! Plan on have the site up mid November. Look out for material speed designs!
That all sounds very promising! Please be sure to update this thread when those things happen or PM me. I'd love to give a set a try!

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That all sounds very promising! Please be sure to update this thread when those things happen or PM me. I'd love to give a set a try!
Awesome! I’ll send you a message when it’s up! Thanks for the support!

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
following

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The website is finally live!

Materialspeeddesigns.com

I’m doing made to order parts and that is reflected in the price. Because it’s made to order, it can take up to 5 weeks to get your product. This is because I will check to ensure quality before you get your part.

I have two different paddle shifter models for the s550 Mustangs with the 10r80 and the 6r80. I will not be offering the aluminum polished paddles, as those were really expensive to produce (dmls) and took days for me to give them a mirror finish. I want to do anything I can to keep costs down for you all. I do have offerings that are just as nice and feel just as good, so be sure to look at all the pictures before putting your order in.

Finally, because this is the first week of the website being live, I am giving $50 off from now until next Sunday, Nov 29. Please look over the site and read all policies pertaining to your order!

I have other products in the works for Audi, BMW, and the Miata gang so be sure to be on the look out if you have any of these cars!

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Miguel

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
The website is finally live!

Materialspeeddesigns.com

I’m doing made to order parts and that is reflected in the price. Because it’s made to order, it can take up to 5 weeks to get your product. This is because I will check to ensure quality before you get your part.

I have two different paddle shifter models for the s550 Mustangs with the 10r80 and the 6r80. I will not be offering the aluminum polished paddles, as those were really expensive to produce (dmls) and took days for me to give them a mirror finish. I want to do anything I can to keep costs down for you all. I do have offerings that are just as nice and feel just as good, so be sure to look at all the pictures before putting your order in.

Finally, because this is the first week of the website being live, I am giving $50 off from now until next Sunday, Nov 29. Please look over the site and read all policies pertaining to your order!

I have other products in the works for Audi, BMW, and the Miata gang so be sure to be on the look out if you have any of these cars!

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

Is it necessary to take steering wheel off to install these? Have any instruction sheet/video?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hi Miguel,

Is it necessary to take steering wheel off to install these? Have any instruction sheet/video?
No it’s not. I just disconnected the battery and removed the airbag cover using an allen wrench. I will post a video/pdf on how to remove the airbag cover and spring pin from your stock paddles soon too the website and Instagram page. it will take a while before anyone gets set so I decided Id post it whole things are in production.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I like the design, and the initiative to create something for this car.

But IMO $300 to spend on a direct replacement (same size and shape) set of paddles seems extreme. The race ones look to be sized better and more useful, but those are $500 and again way to much for what they are.

I know R&D and manufacturing is expensive for a small run of parts but still. If you can somehow make these and have them be more reasonably priced I bet you will sell ALOT.

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I like the design, and the initiative to create something for this car.

But IMO $300 to spend on a direct replacement (same size and shape) set of paddles seems extreme. The race ones look to be sized better and more useful, but those are $500 and again way to much for what they are.

I know R&D and manufacturing is expensive for a small run of parts but still. If you can somehow make these and have them be more reasonably priced I bet you will sell ALOT.
Thanks for your feedback! I need to clarify a couple of things though. The design of both offerings are custom. They are bigger than the stock paddles on all dimensions. "Direct replacement" is there because you use half of your stock paddle that is already on the car. You open up the stocks and replace the cover with the new paddle. I modeled up the insides to fit with them so people wont have to buy an extra part.

The price reflects the manufacturing process and unfortunately it is expensive to make. I spent months changing my models to get a cheaper design and this is the cheapest I could get by far. And if you look at a lot of competitors that make products similar for BMW, Audi, or VW those prices are much more expensive. For instance the same product for the new supra is $495 from Autotechnic. And its not like the mustang is a cheaper car, a GT premium costs upwards of $50K with options which is right on par with those European cars.

So in short yes it costs more than whats out there for this car, which are the stick on extenders, but you get what you pay for.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Just ordered a nickel finish set. Car's in storage till spring so no huge rush to ship. The place I work added a few 3d metal pinters so I have a good idea what it takes to do this type of process. Good luck and I hope this is a nice side gig for you!!:like:

OP
OP
Vargasmiguel49
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just ordered a nickel finish set. Car's in storage till spring so no huge rush to ship. The place I work added a few 3d metal pinters so I have a good idea what it takes to do this type of process. Good luck and I hope this is a nice side gig for you!!:like:
Hey man I sent you an email regarding your order. Thanks again! 👍
Sponsored