Sponsored

Metal paddle shifters?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
r8UrVmZ.jpg

Need to get some screws but the tape seems to hold fine.....I will like it better when screwed in!

I tapped and drilled them as the instructions by Rickycardo a page or 2 back call for. Easy Process - just be careful not to pop the factory paddle apart in the process!

They look nice - I am afraid I am gonna break the paddles though lol

I pretty much drive with my paddles almost exclusively. It will be nice for a full replacement to become available in some sort of aluminum or light carbon that replaces the whole mechanism.

Last edited:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Those look great! Are they blue or is that just the lighting?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Those look great! Are they blue or is that just the lighting?
They are in fact Blurple - lol. They are Blue / Purple color changing vinyl material on the faces of the paddles, the silver on the wheel, the ring around shifter, the rings around the cup holders, and door pulls.

The chrome was too redundant and out of place for my liking.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Ok after driving around a little tonight I have decided I am gonna pull these guys off and trim the top area above the opening off them with the dremel / sander.

That area that is a no shift zone is kinda hard to get used to and I am a bit afraid it will cause me to mishift at an extremely inopportune time.

I will give pics and updates as I go.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Ok after driving around a little tonight I have decided I am gonna pull these guys off and trim the top area above the opening off them with the dremel / sander.

That area that is a no shift zone is kinda hard to get used to and I am a bit afraid it will cause me to mishift at an extremely inopportune time.

I will give pics and updates as I go.
I'm having the same thought's...Was having some fun this past weekend, until, I down shifted by accident, more than one time...On one occasion I downshifted two gears in succession. Also have upshifted in error.

Wish they were column mounted.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
did you down shift because you hit accidentally with your leg while turning?
would you say you are fairly tall?
I hope i wont have that issue once i install them :headbonk:

I'm having the same thought's...Was having some fun this past weekend, until, I down shifted by accident, more than one time...On one occasion I downshifted two gears in succession. Also have upshifted in error.

Wish they were column mounted.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
No, I haven't had any issues with that. My problem is that they move side to side when the wheel turns.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
did you down shift because you hit accidentally with your leg while turning?
would you say you are fairly tall?
I hope i wont have that issue once i install them :headbonk:
No, I haven't had any issues with that. My problem is that they move side to side when the wheel turns.
I got confused during spirited driving and accidently hit the shifter because it's always moving with the wheel...Bottom line, Driver Error-->:headbonk:

My adrenaline get's to pumping when I try a little kick-out (half-ass-donuts or a touch of drifting) the wheel + paddles are moving, my mind & hands aren't on the same wavelength-->:crazy:...Guess I should stop trying to be the next Ken Block-->:tsk:

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
I got confused during spirited driving and accidently hit the shifter because it's always moving with the wheel...Bottom line, Driver Error-->:headbonk:

My adrenaline get's to pumping when I try a little kick-out (half-ass-donuts or a touch of drifting) the wheel + paddles are moving, my mind & hands aren't on the same wavelength-->:crazy:...Guess I should stop trying to be the next Ken Block-->:tsk:
LOL Awesome.....

Yeah going out to the garage to pull em off right now while its not raining.

Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Ok so didn't like the length - so I pulled them off and altered them a bit. The top inchish of the paddles is a no shift zone and were worthless so i cut them down. Now I only have that issue if I grab the top inside if the wheel is on its side or the wrong way. Its not a perfect solution - but its better and still looks good.

Measuring out the cut:

Post cut (used a dremel cut off and then shaped with sanding bits and polishing bits):

Final product:

Will mount on the car in a little bit and send a pic!

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Mounted

D3QsRfX.jpg

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Might I make a suggestion; can we get the first page/post updated with the important details, links, pics, so future users can avoid walking thru 25 pages of data, lol.
Sponsored