Sponsored

Anyone coming from gt350?

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
500 all day long. There is only one problem with the 500..... Weight. The DC trans is a dream. Driving the R now feels so underpowered, lol
Knew you'd like driving it. It may not make up for all the issues you've had, but glad you like the driving experience nonetheless.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Knew you'd like driving it. It may not make up for all the issues you've had, but glad you like the driving experience nonetheless.
It's two different cars. Period dot. I always said the 500 was built on the shortcomings of the 350.

If ford could just build these cars without the B.S., well then.... that would make all the difference in the world

TheRestorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
It's two different cars. Period dot. I always said the 500 was built on the shortcomings of the 350.

If ford could just build these cars without the B.S., well then.... that would make all the difference in the world
I agree with your first point (which I already stated), but I might take some exception that the 500 was built on "shortcomings" necessarily. I think a cleaner comparison in my head would be to the original Boss 302 and Boss 429- I wouldn't consider the latter to be an "improvement" of the former so much as a different tool for a different purpose. I had a Boss 302 and always favored it as a lighter, high-revving, more balanced machine (which could make me biased). The GT350 to me seems analogous to that comparison even more than the original GT350/GT500 comparison, just my opinion, of course..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree with your first point (which I already stated), but I might take some exception that the 500 was built on "shortcomings" necessarily. I think a cleaner comparison in my head would be to the original Boss 302 and Boss 429- I wouldn't consider the latter to be an "improvement" of the former so much as a different tool for a different purpose. I had a Boss 302 and always favored it as a lighter, high-revving, more balanced machine (which could make me biased). The GT350 to me seems analogous to that comparison even more than the original GT350/GT500 comparison, just my opinion, of course..
Shortcomings is an observation based upon many years of GT350R ownership. Everything I wished the GT350R had looking back has been provided for in the 500, with one exception, the weight.

I just took one of the Rs out today.... I will say this... the base is more fun than the electronics R, and the CFTP is more so than the base R. If one's sole purpose in life is to shift their own gears, then you have to get the R. The voodoo, the 6 speed, the sound......

But the 350R wouldn't be able to hang with the CFTP.... no way.

Its all about what you want out of your car. FWIW, the R is so special to me that I'm not selling the remaining two that I own. Each are unique. If I could only have one or the other, it would be the CFTP.

TheRestorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
What color did u go with? I'm still debating on color and stripe or no stripe.... every day my mind changes. The more pics I look at the more confused I get.... lol! Good problem to have I guess!
Black with no stripes and dark ceramic tint, haven't had a black vehicle since my 07 GT500 with silver stripes, it also seemed to draw a lot of attention...

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Ah, OK...thanks, P4.
KB, I got it on mine when I had the Xpel and Ceramic coating. The ceramic tint is more durable and rejects more UV heat which protects the interior and keeps the car cooler in the summer.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks for the additional info, B. I was planning on going with 50 percent but had not heard of "ceramic" tint film before so I will certainly ask around. Definitely need max UV protection down here in the Tropics.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
My car is full ceramic tint, 5% on sides (DARK), and 50% on the front windshield.... ..First time i have ever done a front windshield and its pretty nice. The 'ceramic' is new to me but it appears to actually keep a ton of heat out of the car, not to mention the UV stuff.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I did ceramic tent on all of my glass. Makes a huge difference in both look and inside temp. No regrets.
Sponsored