Sponsored

Thinking of coming back, just which Engine

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I basically have the same car as you and I also have active exhaust. It’s a phenomenal car. Plenty of power, drives and handles great. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned. Honestly there’s not really any other car I want. It checks all the boxes for me.
I got the GT Premium and safe and smart as well, but it sounds like we have other similar performance options. Mine doesn't have active exhaust or nav.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I will

Went with my cousin to pick up late lunch, and after experiencing his Redeye, V8 or bust

Now I just gotta figure out the Top and color
IMG_20201001_143450.jpg
Sweet ride. Those look Hoss from every angle except straight on from the back. Before I bought my Mustang in the fall of 2018 I briefly considered a Challenger Hellcat. However, it is too big and heavy (4,500 lbs) - I wanted something more nimble. That said, I also never test drove one because I'm sure if I had, I probably would have bought one. Because 707 hp.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I got the GT Premium and safe and smart as well, but it sounds like we have other similar performance options. Mine doesn't have active exhaust or nav.
I need Navi, currently a gopher and drive everywhere, but sweet regardless.

Love the silver btw!

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Sweet ride. Those look Hoss from every angle except straight on from the back. Before I bought my Mustang in the fall of 2018 I briefly considered a Challenger Hellcat. However, it is too big and heavy (4,500 lbs) - I wanted something more nimble. That said, I also never test drove one because I'm sure if I had, I probably would have bought one. Because 707 hp.
I'd consider one as well, but I'm a vert guy as I'm not a track rat and wanna really enjoy the soundtrack.

That said, once i have kids, assuming Jimmy doesnt wanna bring Timmah along for whats supposed to be a weekend family get away, sure I'd get a Challenger at some point just because why not

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I need Navi
might want to spend some quality time with Ford Navi before you write off Google Maps via phone link. Ford's "voice nav" aspect at least is far inferior to useless. It's traffic data is often highly inaccurate and the zoom is badly behaved. If you're routinely without cell service and don't want to have to plug your phone into the vehicle I guess it's worth something. It's a low quality product IMO and the same $750 would have bought a vastly superior dedicated GPS device.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
might want to spend some quality time with Ford Navi before you write off Google Maps via phone link. Ford's "voice nav" aspect at least is far inferior to useless. It's traffic data is often highly inaccurate and the zoom is badly behaved. If you're routinely without cell service and don't want to have to plug your phone into the vehicle I guess it's worth something. It's a low quality product IMO and the same $750 would have bought a vastly superior dedicated GPS device.
Aint that, i got a friend who has the worst sense of timing.

Best part of the song or Rush? Didnt really pay attention to which specific exit? Finally at the speaker of the DunkMyNutz/$tarbuck$/Tim Hoes drive thru?

THAT'S when he calls, and I lived with Sync 3, i didnt mind it

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
The major Ecoboost vs GT differences are:
1. The Eco is lighter and has better balanced handling.
2. The Eco is less expensive to purchase, insure, and fuel.
3. The GT makes sweet V-8 sounds
and is just plain louder, while the Eco is quieter and without the active exhaust sounds like a Camry.
4. They have vastly different power delivery. The Eco makes peak torque at about 2800 RPM & peak HP at about 5500 RPM. The redline is 6500, but the power declines rapidly above 6000. The GT makes peak torque at 4650 & peak HP at 7,000 and will scream to it's 7500 redline.
After owning 5 previous V-8 Mustangs, I bought a base 2018 A10 Eco, for my daily driver. It stickered for $28,865, with a just a few options, and I paid $22,800 for it, excluding taxes & DMV fees. I love the ride vs handling compromise of it, on my battered northeastern roads. A similarly equipped GT would've cost about 10k more. I prefer the quieter exhaust and subdued color, because when I'm racing around, it draws less attention. Also, no doubt the GT makes sweeter sounds, but after spending 30+ years flying very loud airplanes, I'm just over the noise. Although, plenty of guys buy the GT over the Eco, just for that V-8 sound alone. Next, I prefer low end torque over high rpm power, especially for a daily driver. The GT feels kinda week down low, while the Eco, especially the 18+ A10, is a torque monster. I just felt like the Eco had much more legally useable power, to have fun with, while with the GT I'd be over the speed limit so much, to have fun with the Coyote power.
I bought a base Eco, to keep it light and cheap. It's a 100A, with the only options being the A10, a paint upgrade and 18" wheels and tires. This is the best way to equip it for a low price, MPGs, and acceleration. My stock car will 0-60 in 5.0 secs, 1/4 mile in the 13.20s, and consistently get at least 35 mpg at 70 mph. My best MPG was 40.7. What other car can offer this level of performance and economy?
Also, if I wanted to get GT acceleration, while retaining Eco MPGs, I could do it with about $2,000 in mods: air filter, intercooler, Cobb Accessport, an E-30 pro tune, drag radials, and rear wheels. I have a friend, with a 2016 A6 Eco, with that combo, that dynoed at 377 WHP & 455 torque. He runs 12.20s on the stock 235/50/18 all season tires. He's a very good driver and can consistently
60 ft in the 1.70s, on a prepped track, with the stock tires. I love my car, but the GT is great too. I certainly thought about it alot, before buying. Pay your money, and buy what makes you smile. Best of luck.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
How've you all been first of all?

Been awhile, as I used to own a '16 EBM, and active on the Bronco forums (Same name, different avatar), though lately I've been thinking about getting back in the game, as while the Bronco ticks the right boxes, already got an offroader.

End of the day, I'll test drive both engines, but what should have been simple isn't with the introduction of the High Performance Package, so it puts the Ecoboost back in the fold. This time around, going to get a Manual, and depending on the body, I got two definitive builds in mind, just looking for people's feedback on who's driven both and what do they think of both, as while my old EBM was FBO minus Catback and injectors, think that turbo and also having a stick would be a totally different animal.

Primary goal is a weekend toy that will have show to it, hardly be tracked/drag raced (though I do have a lead foot and a tampered down Need For Speed due to trying to rehab my record), driven everywhere, lots of spirited driving, and while I don't have plans to do forced induction/internals/block immediately, definitely won't be stock for long.

That said, what do you think fits the bill more? Thanks in Advance

Mike
I'd go with a Mustang 5.0 with a Tremec T56 magnum swap. Killer combo and a good alternative so you do not run into the MT-82 problems.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with a Mustang 5.0 with a Tremec T56 magnum swap
you guys have solved all the myriad problems getting that combo to work? There's a couple threads on here how it's basically impossible to do fully. Bolting it up not being the problem, rather the lack of support on the electronics.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
you guys have solved all the myriad problems getting that combo to work? There's a couple threads on here how it's basically impossible to do fully. Bolting it up not being the problem, rather the lack of support on the electronics.
Which electronics?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which electronics?
camera, rev-match, shaft-speed pickups. There was one thread in particular where the attempt was documented with all the roadblocks documented and where he finally had to give up and go back. There may be fewer things to go wrong with a 15-17 car but I doubt MT82 drivers of that age care about the XL near as much as -D4 owners would.

In any event, you guys have fully solved all the gotchas?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
The major Ecoboost vs GT differences are:
1. The Eco is lighter and has better balanced handling.
2. The Eco is less expensive to purchase, insure, and fuel.
3. The GT makes sweet V-8 sounds
and is just plain louder, while the Eco is quieter and without the active exhaust sounds like a Camry.
4. They have vastly different power delivery. The Eco makes peak torque at about 2800 RPM & peak HP at about 5500 RPM. The redline is 6500, but the power declines rapidly above 6000. The GT makes peak torque at 4650 & peak HP at 7,000 and will scream to it's 7500 redline.
After owning 5 previous V-8 Mustangs, I bought a base 2018 A10 Eco, for my daily driver. It stickered for $28,865, with a just a few options, and I paid $22,800 for it, excluding taxes & DMV fees. I love the ride vs handling compromise of it, on my battered northeastern roads. A similarly equipped GT would've cost about 10k more. I prefer the quieter exhaust and subdued color, because when I'm racing around, it draws less attention. Also, no doubt the GT makes sweeter sounds, but after spending 30+ years flying very loud airplanes, I'm just over the noise. Although, plenty of guys buy the GT over the Eco, just for that V-8 sound alone. Next, I prefer low end torque over high rpm power, especially for a daily driver. The GT feels kinda week down low, while the Eco, especially the 18+ A10, is a torque monster. I just felt like the Eco had much more legally useable power, to have fun with, while with the GT I'd be over the speed limit so much, to have fun with the Coyote power.
I bought a base Eco, to keep it light and cheap. It's a 100A, with the only options being the A10, a paint upgrade and 18" wheels and tires. This is the best way to equip it for a low price, MPGs, and acceleration. My stock car will 0-60 in 5.0 secs, 1/4 mile in the 13.20s, and consistently get at least 35 mpg at 70 mph. My best MPG was 40.7. What other car can offer this level of performance and economy?
Also, if I wanted to get GT acceleration, while retaining Eco MPGs, I could do it with about $2,000 in mods: air filter, intercooler, Cobb Accessport, an E-30 pro tune, drag radials, and rear wheels. I have a friend, with a 2016 A6 Eco, with that combo, that dynoed at 377 WHP & 455 torque. He runs 12.20s on the stock 235/50/18 all season tires. He's a very good driver and can consistently
60 ft in the 1.70s, on a prepped track, with the stock tires. I love my car, but the GT is great too. I certainly thought about it alot, before buying. Pay your money, and buy what makes you smile. Best of luck.
I'd go with a Mustang 5.0 with a Tremec T56 magnum swap. Killer combo and a good alternative so you do not run into the MT-82 problems.
Both of you make great points, although with my old Mustang, I was too lead footed and it was a drop top, so it wasn't an MPG Machine. Also have to wait for my Audi to sell, think I got a bit too ambitious with the price figuring someone would like it and wanna come in with what I really want to sell it for

1602017621993.png

My old dyno with my old 2.3t, that was without a DP/Exhaust, stock wastegate actuator and with a custom tune by a general tuner, so I know the 2.3's potential, though the HPP does seem interesting

Quick question, whats the limit on the stock clutches, or does the 2.3 and 5.0 have the same one?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
my opinion is you’ll regret an ecoboost. Get a GT. Pp1 or PP2.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
Both of you make great points, although with my old Mustang, I was too lead footed and it was a drop top, so it wasn't an MPG Machine. Also have to wait for my Audi to sell, think I got a bit too ambitious with the price figuring someone would like it and wanna come in with what I really want to sell it for

1602017621993.png

My old dyno with my old 2.3t, that was without a DP/Exhaust, stock wastegate actuator and with a custom tune by a general tuner, so I know the 2.3's potential, though the HPP does seem interesting

Quick question, whats the limit on the stock clutches, or does the 2.3 and 5.0 have the same one?
That looks like a typical 93 octane tune, on your Eco. The stock clutches are different on the Eco & GT. Clutch life is very dependant on the driver. Torque and driver technique is what will most shorten the clutch life. On stock or lightly modified cars, you can get good life out of them as long as your not hard on them or doing a lot of high rpm dragstrip style launches. The more torque you make, the harder you launch, and the more city driving you do, the shorter the clutch life.
Sponsored