More Procharger questions

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
typically down here manual cars roll racing in the low 140 range are at or above 800whp. Solid trap.
Thats what I figured but I agree with OP. I need to dig it and that’ll really help me figure how she does.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Interesting. I would’ve assumed higher than that. Especially on E at 15-16lbs.
Trap speed is not apples to apples when comparing manual vs. auto. You can have 900 whp and still get gapped by a 700 whp auto car

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
E85 and 15psi with a ProCharger (D-1X or P-1X) can and will make 900 wheel, if your tuner is leaning on the tune and your ethanol is good quality.

I tuned another guys car on here that lurks... D-1X, Headers, E85, 15.8 psi = 937 wheel. I believe if memory serves correctly we turned it down to 922 wheel, by taking away some timing.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hello Procharger aficionados. Now that I have driven my Procharged Mustang GT for about 400 miles, I like it so much that I have some additional questions.
My kit was/is the HO complete kit that has Procharger's tune which is included and the tuner which is an Ngauge.
The car starts accelerates, shifts and drives just great. I am super impressed. The IAT has not risen more than 8 degrees or so under several back to back WOTs. However in idling stop and go may rise 15 degrees more than ambient air temp.
This makes me wonder if I could put a smaller pulley and injectors and make another 50-100 HP or so with the same intercooler. I realize I likely will also need a custom tune from, say, PBD.
What do any of you think?
You can swap to a 3.7 pulley on your current setup if you have a fuel pump booster. If you have a pump booster now and are tuned with it then you can run a 3.7 pulley without retuning. Just bolt it on and go. You will be at the top range of the injectors that come with the H.O kit.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
You can swap to a 3.7 pulley on your current setup if you have a fuel pump booster. If you have a pump booster now and are tuned with it then you can run a 3.7 pulley without retuning. Just bolt it on and go. You will be at the top range of the injectors that come with the H.O kit.
The HO kit didn't come with injectors. Are you saying the stock injectors can be run with a 3.7 pulley? Without a tune?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 GT with the A10.

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
That’s something you’ll have to talk to the tuner about. When I was on the 3.75 on the P1X I was at about 11-12lbs at 8k. Might be too much for the fuel system and also you said you’ll be on 91 octane.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Stock fuel system with a booster can handle it. But like I said you will be at the fuel systems limit. Tuners don’t like to take anything to it’s limit on customers cars. Can’t blame them but it can handle it

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The car made 525 RWHP at 7K today. 433 RWTQ. I know these are low numbers compared to what I was expecting but it runs very good. It seems faster than my Bullitt with a Whipple making 675. I guess it is the A10. Lidio at Alternative Auto took it for a ride and commented on how well the tune and blower worked. He said with 6.5 of boost he thought it was decent.
I asked him if it was making 10 psi and he said likely another 100 or more HP.
The thing still holding me back from upgrading is my concern about drivability. You might think this is crazy but of the 5 FI cars I have owned so far, this is my favorite and it has the least HP. So, I think I may end up becoming a Procharger fan.

Those of you that have experience with Procharger, if I add injectors, pulley, and boostapump if needed, who would you use to tune? What power then would it make sticking to 91+ octane?

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
The car made 525 RWHP at 7K today. 433 RWTQ. I know these are low numbers compared to what I was expecting but it runs very good. It seems faster than my Bullitt with a Whipple making 675. I guess it is the A10. Lidio at Alternative Auto took it for a ride and commented on how well the tune and blower worked. He said with 6.5 of boost he thought it was decent.
The thing still holding me back from upgrading is my concern about drivability. You might think this is crazy but of the 5 FI cars I have owned so far, this is my favorite and it has the least HP. So, I think I may end up becoming a Procharger fan.

Those of you that have experience with Procharger, if I add injectors, pulley, and boostapump if needed, who would you use to tune? What power then would it make sticking to 91+ octane?
I was waiting to hear about your numbers. Did you by chance ever get a baseline on that same Dyno when you were NA? Those numbers do seem a bit low, but for 91 octane and running the Procharger tune I wouldn't have expected a whole lot more. I'm sure with just injectors and BAP you could gain quite a bit. As far as tuners, I would go PDB or Lund.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I was waiting to hear about your numbers. Did you by chance ever get a baseline on that same Dyno when you were NA? Those numbers do seem a bit low, but for 91 octane and running the Procharger tune I wouldn't have expected a whole lot more. I'm sure with just injectors and BAP you could gain quite a bit. As far as tuners, I would go PDB or Lund.
No number when it was NA. But, after taking the car to the DS it had a hard time doing mid 12s stock which kind of disappointed me. I have had a bad experience on a '15 I owned some time ago and have gotten a bit paranoid on custom tunes and both the Procharger and the Whipple stock tunes turned out to be very good as far as drivability goes.
I am willing to go with the items I listed, I am just hoping to get a decent tune as far as shifting and drivability goes.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

You really want a fuel system if you want to go bigger, safely. You spent a lot of money to Procharge your Mustang and fuel is the most important part for both power and reliability. A boost a pump is just a bandaid really, and running a fuel pump way past the voltage it was designed for is just asking for trouble IMHO.

91 octane will be your limiting factor on the power you can make, but you most certainly can add 100 wheel to what you have already along with the fuel system, injectors, pulley and tune. Just drive it the way it is, unless you can do it right.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
You really want a fuel system if you want to go bigger, safely. You spent a lot of money to Procharge your Mustang and fuel is the most important part for both power and reliability. A boost a pump is just a bandaid really, and running a fuel pump way past the voltage it was designed for is just asking for trouble IMHO.

91 octane will be your limiting factor on the power you can make, but you most certainly can add 100 wheel to what you have already along with the fuel system, injectors, pulley and tune. Just drive it the way it is, unless you can do it right.
Of course there's nothing wrong with that approach, but it doesn't sound like he's trying to get too crazy here. The stock 18+ fuel system with just port injectors and BAP or DW pump is quite capable of taking him safely a bit further than where he's at now. I don't disagree with the BAP. I'm not a huge fan of them either. But plenty of guys, including whipple / Paxton / Procharger / VMP kits use them with no ill effects.
Sponsored