OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Reische 170 TStat and NGK plugs for me. You'll enjoy it for sure.

I am glad I never did the 3:55 gear swap. I read that 3:15's were better for FI in terms of traction.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
No..they don't.

They will still require a return fuel system even if I will only be running pump 93? I don't have immediate access to E85.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They will still require a return fuel system even if I will only be running pump 93? I don't have immediate access to E85.
No..they dont require a return style system unless doing e85. Thats why i told that person they dont require it.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am glad I never did the 3:55 gear swap. I read that 3:15's were better for FI in terms of traction.
I have a 3.55 and the traction is pretty good. I have a drah radials because this is a grocery car for quick turn around lol.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
you going to have to prepare for more money than just a supercharger kit cost only. I used to have one of those 1998 mustang gt back in the day and it got about 70k miles like you. I decided to put in a vortech supercharger to get some more power. I did my research and ask a lot of people. long story short, it blew a head gasket 2 weeks later. I replace it with a better motor and it cost pretty good. sometimes later, drive shaft seal and the gear broke a teeth. that is another few grand cause I upgrade to a better one.

Therefore, If you go fi, just be prepare stuff going to break earlier than expect.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
you going to have to prepare for more money than just a supercharger kit cost only. I used to have one of those 1998 mustang gt back in the day and it got about 70k miles like you. I decided to put in a vortech supercharger to get some more power. I did my research and ask a lot of people. long story short, it blew a head gasket 2 weeks later. I replace it with a better motor and it cost pretty good. sometimes later, drive shaft seal and the gear broke a teeth. that is another few grand cause I upgrade to a better one.

Therefore, If you go fi, just be prepare stuff going to break earlier than expect.
This is not a 2v 4.6. At 600hp the Coyote engine isn’t even working. That’s like a light jog for a gen2 coyote even at 150,000 miles. These engines stock are capable of 1,000hp. There are 2018s making 1000+ on pump 93 and before anyone gets all huffing and puffing here is the proof
https://frontstreet.media/2020/04/1...makes-1047-rear-wheel-horsepower-on-pump-gas/

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

I am well aware of the risks of modifying my car. But based on research I have seen my power goals are well within the limits of the motor. If I am not mistaken the Roush Stage 1 puts out similar numbers on their tune.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I was leaning more towards the HO kit with the P1x or P1SC blower.
Get a Griptec SC pulley. This will allow you to greatly reduce the needed belt tension to keep traction on the pulley, which helps reduce the tension on everything the belt touches, especially the Crankshaft.

Reactions: Vbm
OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Get a Griptec SC pulley. This will allow you to greatly reduce the needed belt tension to keep traction on the pulley, which helps reduce the tension on everything the belt touches, especially the Crankshaft.

Thanks, I was definitely looking at those.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do they have these to fit with the vmp odin supercharger?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Do they have these to fit with the vmp odin supercharger?
Not sure, but you can also send them any pulley and they will put their magic on it, and off you go.

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I also heard that Procharger updated their kit to relocate the maf sensor. Can anyone confirm this?