Sponsored

Considering FI, a few questions...

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
While I'm not new to FI, I am new to FI on the S550 platform. My ride is a '15 GT 'vert 3.15 auto, so I'm zeroing in on one of the centri systems in order to at least keep what existing chassis bracing the car has (STB, K brace). Also, not targeting obscene whp numbers, since I really am not looking to change OPG's, converter, etc. I will be adding LT's at some point...and it probably makes sense to do them at the same time, but $ will dictate some of that timing. I'm primarily looking at the Procharger HO Tuner Kit, since I already have a tuner and injectors (47lb, not installed).

A few questions that someone can hopefully shed some light on:

1. I see that Beefcake offers an HO tuner kit with the 47lb injectors as a discounted option. What kind of performance limitation would there be running a system with these injectors, and would there be a material performance improvement potential by running this injector size with the addition of a BAP?

2. I see a few threads that seem to indicate some surging issues possibly related to the IMRC's. I just happen to have an old intake from my 2011 GT sitting in the garage, and am curious if this would be an advisable (and relatively easy) swap when going FI?

Thanks in advance!

:cheers:
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
While I'm not new to FI, I am new to FI on the S550 platform. My ride is a '15 GT 'vert 3.15 auto, so I'm zeroing in on one of the centri systems in order to at least keep what existing chassis bracing the car has (STB, K brace). Also, not targeting obscene whp numbers, since I really am not looking to change OPG's, converter, etc. I will be adding LT's at some point...and it probably makes sense to do them at the same time, but $ will dictate some of that timing. I'm primarily looking at the Procharger HO Tuner Kit, since I already have a tuner and injectors (47lb, not installed).

A few questions that someone can hopefully shed some light on:

1. I see that Beefcake offers an HO tuner kit with the 47lb injectors as a discounted option. What kind of performance limitation would there be running a system with these injectors, and would there be a material performance improvement potential by running this injector size with the addition of a BAP?

2. I see a few threads that seem to indicate some surging issues possibly related to the IMRC's. I just happen to have an old intake from my 2011 GT sitting in the garage, and am curious if this would be an advisable (and relatively easy) swap when going FI?

Thanks in advance!

Well with the tuner kit and getting it from Beef, I am guessing you will be using Lund as the tuner. He will recommend a BAP and the 47# injectors would be borderline I believe. I know PC first kits that came out were with 52# injectors and now I believe they are supplying 95# injectors. Dont cheat yourself on injectors.

The surging issues have been rectified as far as I know. I am pretty sure that old intake will not work and the 2015 intake is far better. The basic kit should yield you around 7-8psi of boost and 540-600 rwhp.

I'm not touching the opg/css debate

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Agree, I don't think you'll want to stick with the 47s and the injector itself will be the limiter even with a BAP. Procharger kit from Beefcake is awesome though. I have no surging issues with the manual at all (GT350 intake manifold).

Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Really just educating myself. I saw that the Boostworks Kenne Bell 750hp kit uses the Ford Racing 47lb'ers.
I wasn't talking specifically about you :). You haven't bought anything yet! I just mean when people invest $6K+ into a setup and you look at it and see they skimped out on some important parts that have almost no cost delta. Or when people doing repair work on a car are like "nah I don't wanna get new valve seals for $20 while we have the heads off the engine." Seriously?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Regardless of the supplier/manufacturer of the FI (centri,screw, etc). I would not skimp on the OPG. Well worth the investment. This is not something you want happening.
Billet Oil Pump Gears 008.jpg222.jpg

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)

Thanks in advance!

Just had a car on the dyno today with.....
Those injectors
No BAP
HO system
Made 630 rwhp (though the fuel is left over good 93)

Anything past that, and both the injectors and fuel pump will be right on the ragged edge.

No surging issues (thats old old news) runs smooth as silk right up to 7,200 rpm limiter.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
silver86

silver86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Just had a car on the dyno today with.....
Those injectors
No BAP
HO system
Made 630 rwhp (though the fuel is left over good 93)

Anything past that, and both the injectors and fuel pump will be right on the ragged edge.

No surging issues (thats old old news) runs smooth as silk right up to 7,200 rpm limiter.

Hope that helps.

Nice...good to know!

I would imagine that E85 would be a no-go on that combo. I'm running it (corn) now N/A, and had picked up the 47's as I wanted the GT350 IM and E85.

But out of curiosity, could the 47's support E85 on the HO system with a BAP?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Nice...good to know!

I would imagine that E85 would be a no-go on that combo. I'm running it (corn) now N/A, and had picked up the 47's as I wanted the GT350 IM and E85.

But out of curiosity, could the 47's support E85 on the HO system with a BAP?
No go on the corn on them.
They are running out of duty cycle even on the 10% E thats in pump gas.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
for e85 we really recommend a fuel system and either the id or dw injectors, i'd do the 1050x as the new ones have the stainless bodies available.

give me a ring and we can go over the options for you
Sponsored