Sponsored

FI Question

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I have been considering finally going with FI this year. First need to see how $$$$$ is before I pull the trigger. My car is a daily driver with about 77k miles now. I wouldn't be looking to push any crazy numbers. I was thinking between 550-600whp. Question is should I even bother adding the extra power now with my car having high miles? I keep up with my maintenance. I would want to keep boost levels moderate. The kits I would be considering is a Pro Charger stage 2 and the Edelbrock stage 1.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't the P1x be like over kill for my power goals? Also do you think I should do clutch packs, intermediate shaft, and torque converter to my 6r80?
Not necessarily, it would be around 600 with the ProCharger tune. The blower is capable of much more with professional tuning. Also if you want to save $$ go with the P1x HO kit.

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Not necessarily, it would be around 600 with the ProCharger tune. The blower is capable of much more with professional tuning. Also if you want to save $$ go with the P1x HO kit.

I would probably be sticking with Lund for tuning. I have never had any issues with them. I was looking at the HO kits. Problem is that I was worried if the belt broke while driving the car would be inoperable. I also could just be paranoid.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would probably be sticking with Lund for tuning. I have never had any issues with them. I was looking at the HO kits. Problem is that I was worried if the belt broke while driving the car would be inoperable. I also could just be paranoid.
Just install the ho kit with a gates rpm belt. You will never break that belt under 750whp.
No matter what kit you use you are going to add stress to the accessories belt. If the accessories belt breaks you are inoperable. I keep a spare in my car just in case. Never needed it yet (knock on wood)

Last edited:
OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Just install the ho kit with a gates rpm belt. You will never break that belt under 750whp.
No matter what kit you use you are going to add stress to the accessories belt. If the accessories belt breaks you are inoperable. I keep a spare in my car just in case. Never needed it yet (knock on wood)

I was leaning more towards the HO kit with the P1x or P1SC blower.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was leaning more towards the HO kit with the P1x or P1SC blower.
I purchased the carb legal HO kit with the P1x. It came with the stage2 intercooler. For the power you are looking for it is more than enough. For some reason people think that a h.o kit won’t make big power but trust me it can. Swap some pulleys and it will make the same power as the stage2. I don’t know if Lund will tune it for you because I believe they require a return fuel system on boosted applications

Last edited:
OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I purchased the carb legal HO kit with the P1x. It came with the stage2 intercooler. For the power you are looking for it is more than enough. You won’t even need a fuel pump booster for that kind of horsepower. I don’t know if Lund will tune it for you because I believe they require a return fuel system on boosted applications

Yeah 600whp was really my goal anyway. That's why I was looking at the Procharger and Edelbrock kits. I really didn't want to swap tuning devices because I satisfied with Lund and the Ngauge.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah 600whp was really my goal anyway. That's why I was looking at the Procharger and Edelbrock kits. I really didn't want to swap tuning devices because I satisfied with Lund and the Ngauge.
The P1X HO kit will do the job for you if that's really what you want hp wise. I have the same exact setup when I started. You got the tires covered as well?

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
The P1X HO kit will do the job for you if that's really what you want hp wise. I have the same exact setup when I started. You got the tires covered as well?

Tires I am good on. I am also getting a cradle lock out done soon.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Tires I am good on. I am also getting a cradle lock out done soon.
Nice and change your spark plugs and add 170 TStat too.

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Nice and change your spark plugs and add 170 TStat too.

I would be getting the Beefcake Special or Lethal Performance kits anyway. Any particular brand spark plug and T Stat I should choose?

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would be getting the Beefcake Special or Lethal Performance kits anyway. Any particular brand spark plug and T Stat I should choose?
Reische 170 TStat and NGK plugs for me. You'll enjoy it for sure.
Sponsored