Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Damn sorry, Patrick and I feel your frustration. But even before finishing your message, I knew what you were going to get from Xpel.

"Certified," right. Just means someone that may or may not still work there went to Xpel school.

That's why it is so important to see a shop's work before you bite the bullet. Ditto for ceramic and paint correction.

I'm done with film myself and will be going the ceramic route.

However, if you track the car or live in a really "pebbley" area, film is the ONLY answer.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Well i started my side mirror dismantle last night, and i am happy to say it went well. I have done no less than 6 different mirror disassembles in my life and this one was pretty simple, little tricky little tedious but came apart better than others i have done. I will be sanding all the texture off on all the exposed pieces and then painting them body color. This was actually a mirror i purchased on ebay, didn't want to practice on my mirrors, but since it went well they will be getting dismantled soon. I will be painting the rear spoiler body color also.
mirror1.jpg
mirror2.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the balance of my RB Carbon Ceramic rotors and pads from Terrance a few days ago and installed them this morning. Took it out for a bit only to make sure all is ok and to run the break in they suggested. It may be my imagination but seems the steering is a bit lighter. Did not take it on any hard corners yet. As far as the brakes go, while they don't seem to have the same quick initial bite, they require less pressure to stop the car.

A few quick photos right now from my phone. KB, the Riley photo is for you.

IMG_25421900.jpg
IMG_25581900.jpg
IMG_25651900.jpg
IMG_25671900.jpg
IMG_25731900.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
As always Mark, GREAT photos and every time I see that Tesla rig, I get more envious. That is just TOO cool..but, of course,

Don't get me wrong, I think you have one of THE best looking 500's I've seen but, no offense to your girl, Riley got my immediate attention, thanks for thinking of me. :-) Every time I see a pup on the floor, I want to get down and pet him or her and I would love to do that to Riley.

With a little help from PS and Topaz, I ginned this up for my gallery..it's a keeper for sure. :-)

riley.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the balance of my RB Carbon Ceramic rotors and pads from Terrance a few days ago and installed them this morning. Took it out for a bit only to make sure all is ok and to run the break in they suggested. It may be my imagination but seems the steering is a bit lighter. Did not take it on any hard corners yet. As far as the brakes go, while they don't seem to have the same quick initial bite, they require less pressure to stop the car.

IMG_25421900.jpg
IMG_25581900.jpg
IMG_25651900.jpg
IMG_25671900.jpg
IMG_25731900.jpg
I do like these brakes, but the Shelby American thing has a hold of my wallet for a loooooooog time. Keep us posted how they break in, and how they do with the brake dust issue.

I am still interested in your old pads.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Well i started my side mirror dismantle last night, and i am happy to say it went well. I have done no less than 6 different mirror disassembles in my life and this one was pretty simple, little tricky little tedious but came apart better than others i have done. I will be sanding all the texture off on all the exposed pieces and then painting them body color. This was actually a mirror i purchased on ebay, didn't want to practice on my mirrors, but since it went well they will be getting dismantled soon. I will be painting the rear spoiler body color also.
mirror1.jpg
mirror2.jpg
How hard is it to just remove the cover for painting?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How hard is it to just remove the cover for painting?
To do it safely is little work but not that hard. If you search youtube you can find a video of a guy 'popping' them off. Popping them off i would say you run the risk of breaking the tabs. I personally would not try to pop them off. So to do it safely you need to remove the mirror which is the hardest part. There are 4 places around the mirror with 2 tabs at each location. They are a PITA, but doable, just take your time and be patient. There is also a video from CJ ponyparts that is decent at showing how to remove the mirror. Although video says to put screwdriver in and twist....this doesnt work for me, basically your getting to those 8 tabs and pulling them back to release from the motor, takes about 4 to be released before it starts to come off. Once the mirror is removed you can disassemble easily and get to the tabs holding the painted cap.

Capture.PNG

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
On another subject...​

Not only do I not have the room to store them, I also don't have the knowledge to USE the immense variety of tools most of you have already. But, at least I get to post a photo! :-)

But one little diddy that I've wanted to a very long time is a 3/8 torque wrench..diglital, preferably. Jaime's original photo put the bug up my behind.

Looked and looked for used tools and came close a couple times but never saw "a score!" So, I bit the bullet, skipped the high-dollar brands, and went with this ACDelco.

It seems very high quality and appears to work exactly as advertised so I know it will be a welcome addition.

Also in the photo is an Outerwears net screen for the air filter. It's pretty cool, too.

torque-wrench-and-outerwears-filter_1900.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On another subject...​

Not only do I not have the room to store them, I also don't have the knowledge to USE the immense variety of tools most of you have already. But, at least I get to post a photo! :-)

But one little diddy that I've wanted to a very long time is a 3/8 torque wrench..diglital, preferably. Jaime's original photo put the bug up my behind.

Looked and looked for used tools and came close a couple times but never saw "a score!" So, I bit the bullet, skipped the high-dollar brands, and went with this ACDelco.

It seems very high quality and appears to work exactly as advertised so I know it will be a welcome addition.

Also in the photo is an Outerwears net screen for the air filter. It's pretty cool, too.
Nice buddy, you are going to love having one.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
you are going to love having one.
<smiling> I already am, Jaime...been fooling with the darn thing for the past hour or so.

Once again, "you gotta love techology," just not so much if it was made in China but, again, I digress.

Made the old school guy grin having it steadily beep as the max setting was approached and then a solid beep when you're there. <shaking head> Couldn't be easier.

I'm old enough to remember 1/2" drive torque wrenches with a "pendumum needle and scale." Monte again..."Those were the days." :-)

Thought we'd died and gone to Heaven when we got our first "clicker." And now...a quarter the size and ten times as useful. Amazing, Jaime.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
<smiling> I already am, Jaime...been fooling with the darn thing for the past hour or so.

Once again, "you gotta love techology," just not so much if it was made in China but, again, I digress.

Made the old school guy grin having it steadily beep as the max setting was approached and then a solid beep when you're there. <shaking head> Couldn't be easier.

I'm old enough to remember 1/2" drive torque wrenches with a "pendumum needle and scale." Monte again..."Those were the days." :-)

Thought we'd died and gone to Heaven when we got our first "clicker." And now...a quarter the size and ten times as useful. Amazing, Jaime.
Yup, I have owned and used them as well. My dad was a career mechanic his whole life, which is where I picked up working on my cars, and the love for tools.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to installing shelby pedals. I also spaced out the gas pedal 1/2 inch, figured it couldn't hurt, where i liked my seat felt like i was reaching for gas pedal full throttle. Looking at the photo they look crooked but there not, must be the angle and closeness of pic
pedals.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
On another subject...​

torque-wrench-and-outerwears-filter_1900.jpg

Link for the pre-filter please.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

IMG_25421900.jpg
IMG_25581900.jpg
IMG_25651900.jpg
IMG_25671900.jpg
IMG_25731900.jpg
Mark,

I am envious of those brakes. You probably just took about 80# off your car?

I was hell bent on getting a set of those same rotors, but due to the track I frequent, I was advised by Billy Johnson not to get them until they were fully tested. I wish racing brakes could have worked out a deal with Billy.

I am very interested in hearing your impressions of them when you get everything dialed in.

Thanks for sharing that.