1st Mods on 2020 GT500

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The very first thing I do when I buy any car or truck is soundproof it (roof, doors, floor, firewall, rear quarter panels and trunk area. Applied Dynamat first then Dynapad on top if it. I do it more for the improved audio you get rather than making the car quieter but they kind of go hand and hand. The car also feels more solid when closing the doors, trunk, going over rough roads, etc. It is also a good heat and cold insulator. I did not take many photos while doing it like I normally do. Here are a few. I added about 60# of weight but for me it is well worth it.

IMG_0677.jpeg
IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
You're your own worst critic--those pictures get the point across perfectly. Wasn't familiar with Dynapad. Got some coin flipping to do now. Thanks!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
The very first thing I do when I buy any car or truck is soundproof it (roof, doors, floor, firewall, rear quarter panels and trunk area. Applied Dynamat first then Dynapad on top if it. I do it more for the improved audio you get rather than making the car quieter but they kind of go hand and hand. The car also feels more solid when closing the doors, trunk, going over rough roads, etc. It is also a good heat and cold insulator. I did not take many photos while doing it like I normally do. Here are a few. I added about 60# of weight but for me it is well worth it.

IMG_0677.jpeg
IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
Does anyone know where the proximity antenna is for the keyfob? My last car i inadvertantly dynamated over the antenna and my keyfobs no longer worked. Want to make sure i steer clear of it.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know where the proximity antenna is for the keyfob? My last car i inadvertantly dynamated over the antenna and my keyfobs no longer worked. Want to make sure i steer clear of it.
The center PATS antenna is mounted to the bottom of the cup holder so doubt you would be covering it with dynamat material. The rear PATS antenna is located on the center of the rear panel just below the trunk latch. The other two antennas are located inside the drivers and passengers door handles.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Who needs a key fob???
default_headscratch.gif
default_headscratch.gif
default_headscratch.gif
default_headscratch.gif
default_headscratch.gif

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Who needs a key fob?
I think we all do, Jim as these girls aren't going anywhere without the thing. Now, how many times have others gone to a car with the intent of leaving only to have the vehicle tell you, "No key present?" :-) I know I have.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I think we all do, Jim as these girls aren't going anywhere without the thing. Now, how many times have others gone to a car with the intent of leaving only to have the vehicle tell you, "No key present?" :-) I know I have.
My favorite is getting into the 2007 GT500 and trying to push the button to start.

Or getting into the GT350R and pulling Fob our of pocket, just to realize you dont have to hold it....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I use a Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter (CPLAY2AIR) and don't like it plugged into the USB port in the dash so I replaced the single USB module in the console storage with a dual USB module (HC3T-14F014-BD). I needed a dual USB in the console storage because I use a USB LED light (ice blue color) to light up the storage area. While I could have just bought a USB adapter for the 12 volt outlet in there, I wanted to keep that free for future additions/mods.

IMG_26111900.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My favorite is getting into the 2007 GT500 and trying to push the button to start.

Or getting into the GT350R and pulling Fob our of pocket, just to realize you dont have to hold it....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
YES! The struggle is real! When i get in my 2011 Loaded Silverado LTZ reach up to push the button to start and remember i need to put a key in it and have to dig in my pockets for the key.....WHAT a pain.....

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Or grab and pull on the door handle only to realize you have to take the key out of your pocket and push a button...

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All,

I’m thinking of getting junkies high air intake and then tune from livernois.
anyone do this combo yet? Dynos?
Recommendations?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the JLT CAI and Lund Racing tune. No dyno yet. Not really interested in it unless I happen to be near one and I am at least 2 hours away from any.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All,

I’m thinking of getting junkies high air intake and then tune from livernois.
anyone do this combo yet? Dynos?
Recommendations?
If your only plans are to add CAI then likely most any reputable tune will give you good results. I have a Livernois tune on my SS and I am happy with it, i consider Livernois to be safe and reliable but not bleeding edge, most HP, etc. This is my opinion. Purchase, Service, and installing tune from Livernois is simple and straightforward. I plan to go a little deeper on the mods for the GT500 so am still looking at options, and really probably won't be going engine mod crazy till next year. Right Now PBD seems to have a lot of on hands R&D with all the mods i plan to do, so they are high on my list.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase