AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Hey guys,

This is stumping me. My Shelby just got delivered to the dealership and I had the dealership activate the sync screen and i can see all the detail about the car except it says "Vehicle location is disabled" and I cant for the life of me figure out what is going on, tried this both on my Android and iPhone same issue. The car is in Iowa and I am in NJ. And before you ask location services are on in both phones.
2020-08-12 12.38.37.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would guess the car is brand new and the dealer probably just reported the car as being sold to ford. For instance, I don't think I can plug my vin into ford pass and find the location of my car. Wait a minute..... its worth a try...

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would guess the car is brand new and the dealer probably just reported the car as being sold to ford. For instance, I don't think I can plug my vin into ford pass and find the location of my car. Wait a minute..... its worth a try...
When I had them accept the activation on the screen everything else about the car came up. You cant get any info on the car until its accepted in the car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, I ran into that problem too. I don't have access to my car. Even if I did, it probably has a dead battery from sitting so long.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I ran into that problem too. I don't have access to my car.
I know, so this morning the sales guy accepted the activation request on the sync screen, and all the info flooded in, except location. Trying to get this activated before the car gets picked up to be shipped to me so i can track it on its journey.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I know, so this morning the sales guy accepted the activation request on the sync screen, and all the info flooded in, except location. Trying to get this activated before the car gets picked up to be shipped to me so i can track it on its journey.
Thats a great idea. I wish I knew someone at the New Boston rail yard.....

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thats a great idea. I wish I knew someone at the New Boston rail yard.....
It would be if I could get the EFFEN! thing to work and show me its ass.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It would be if I could get the EFFEN! thing to work and show me its ass.
If its inside or doesn't have a clear view of the sky, it probably cant obtain a position

Your screenshot says vehicle location is disabled. You might want to call your salesman back.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If its inside or doesn't have a clear view of the sky, it probably cant obtain a position

Your screenshot says vehicle location is disabled. You might want to call your salesman back.
Already did, and if there wasnt a clear signal then how would I get the rest of the car info? It is using cell service too.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Already did, and if there wasnt a clear signal then how would I get the rest of the car info? It is using cell service too.
GPS is line of sight. Some of the newer chips are more sensitive and can get a fix inside, but not always.

Judging by your screenshot, location seems to be disabled.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I don't know, but doubt the car transmits a signal with the ignition full off... seems to me that that level of data transmission would soon kill the battery. My location is based on when I turned off the ignition and when I pull it up now the location data while the same, in my garage, it shows the update time of Aug 9th...when I turned off the ignition.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
Location tracking is turned off under the FordPass Connect setting on the Sync3.4 system. It is there. Have the dealership go back in and turn it on. It is in the same place where you can turn on things like tracking for insurance companies. I had so many issues with the FordPass app crashing lately that I recently disabled (on my 2020 F35) and deleted the app. In about an hour (after a work call) I will go take a picture of the setting from the Sync screen.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GPS is line of sight. Some of the newer chips are more sensitive and can get a fix inside, but not always.

Judging by your screenshot, location seems to be disabled.
Yep we fixed it I think, I removed it from the app and re-added it and now it says unable to locate but thats being inside which falls in line with line of sight and not saying disabled which has nothing to do with L.O.S.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Location tracking is turned off under the FordPass Connect setting on the Sync3.4 system. It is there. Have the dealership go back in and turn it on. It is in the same place where you can turn on things like tracking for insurance companies. I had so many issues with the FordPass app crashing lately that I recently disabled (on my 2020 F35) and deleted the app. In about an hour (after a work call) I will go take a picture of the setting from the Sync screen.
Great I'll pass that info over to the salesman just to be sure its set right. Thanks.
Sponsored