AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I don't know, but doubt the car transmits a signal with the ignition full off... seems to me that that level of data transmission would soon kill the battery. My location is based on when I turned off the ignition and when I pull it up now the location data while the same, in my garage, it shows the update time of Aug 9th...when I turned off the ignition.
Hope thats not the case as I was hoping to use this to track the shipping of the car from the dealer to my house from the transport company.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My R is sitting at the local dealer since Saturday and I have been tracking it. It has not moved according to Ford Pass

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well from what I know about how this works since I have a Grand Cherokee with UConnect, if the car does not move then it does not send gps location as it has not moved. From what I have seen is when you query the car it will respond back, but if it hasnt moved then it will keep the last location since there is no point to update something that hasnt changed. Now what i dont know is if the car is on a trailer if it will update as it is moving. Guess I will find out when it gets picked up on Friday or Saturday if it will keep updating or not.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well from what I know about how this works since I have a Grand Cherokee with UConnect, if the car does not move then it does not send gps location as it has not moved. From what I have seen is when you query the car it will respond back, but if it hasnt moved then it will keep the last location since there is no point to update something that hasnt changed. Now what i dont know is if the car is on a trailer if it will update as it is moving. Guess I will find out when it gets picked up on Friday or Saturday if it will keep updating or not.
Did you ever get it working?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get it working?
Tom, Yep, mentioned it was before, I removed it from the app and re-added it back and he accepted and now its working. Dont know why it didnt take the first time, but all is good now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom, Yep, mentioned it was before, I removed it from the app and re-added it back and he accepted and now its working. Dont know why it didnt take the first time, but all is good now.
That's good to know. I'm going to use that feature for when/if the car ever gets dropped off for service. Wouldn't it be great to know the moment that someone started your car up?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's good to know. I'm going to use that feature for when/if the car ever gets dropped off for service. Wouldn't it be great to know the moment that someone started your car up?
You know what, I'd love that, but that would be tied to an alarm. But yesterday when I looked at my app I saw the car had 6 extra miles on it, called the sales guy and was like what the hell, he laughed and said he knew I was going to call, told me when they do delivery prep they have to check everything and make sure it runs fine. So yeah you can be all over it with the app :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You know what, I'd love that, but that would be tied to an alarm. But yesterday when I looked at my app I saw the car had 6 extra miles on it, called the sales guy and was like what the hell, he laughed and said he knew I was going to call, told me when they do delivery prep they have to check everything and make sure it runs fine. So yeah you can be all over it with the app :D
What concerns me the most is what people do when they start the car. Every person who I give permission to start any of my 350s always rev the engine. I have to jump in and tell them to knock it off. Cold revving is not good. Any unloaded revving is not good. I don't want people doing that kind of stuff to my cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
What concerns me the most is what people do when they start the car. Every person who I give permission to start any of my 350s always rev the engine. I have to jump in and tell them to knock it off. Cold revving is not good. Any unloaded revving is not good. I don't want people doing that kind of stuff to my cars.
Stop giving the keys to every person :cwl: Any of my friends ask that of me they get the go F! yourself look. :like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Stop giving the keys to every person :cwl: Any of my friends ask that of me they get the go F! yourself look. :like:
I couldn't believe when I handed the keys to Leo, a ford enthusiast who worked over at Flat Rock. I didn't tell him to knock it off.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't believe when I handed the keys to Leo, a ford enthusiast who worked over at Flat Rock. I didn't tell him to knock it off.
When people ask me for the keys, I tell them they have a better chance of seeing God than me handing over the keys.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
When people ask me for the keys, I tell them they have a better chance of seeing God than me handing over the keys.
I ordered an extra key, and now have 3 total. 1 for me:champagne:, 1 spare locked in the safe:muscle:, and 1 programmed as valet:bandit:...does nothing for the revving, but limits top speed to 100km/hr (60mph) and locks "my" settings where I left them.:rockon:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an extra key, and now have 3 total. 1 for me:champagne:, 1 spare locked in the safe:muscle:, and 1 programmed as valet:bandit:...does nothing for the revving, but limits top speed to 100km/hr (60mph) and locks "my" settings where I left them.:rockon:
Keep in mind, you can have multiple keys that you can program yourself. You don't have to buy GT500 Fobs, I use typical ordinary mustang Fobs. You must have two master keys to program additional keys. I would put the original keys in a safe place and get additional Fobs for everyday use.
Sponsored