Ford Dealers are Terrible

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Really ready to throw the towel in on this car and I actually like the car... the Ford dealers in my area are a royal PITA to work with! I shouldn’t have to drive 20 miles to even find a decent one.

I’m thinking at this point I might need to locate a Roush, Steeda, or specialty dealer I hopes they’ll take better care.

Appointments are to just meet w/an advisor, work is a week or 2 out, oh and they want to take the car now, have it sit and not give you a loaner or another piece of transportation! Makes no sense to me!!
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yep, most of the "normal" brands are like this, unfortunately. You're just another schmuck in line to them and they don't want to have to fix anything.

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
Really ready to throw the towel in on this car and I actually like the car... the Ford dealers in my area are a royal PITA to work with! I shouldn’t have to drive 20 miles to even find a decent one.

I’m thinking at this point I might need to locate a Roush, Steeda, or specialty dealer I hopes they’ll take better care.

Appointments are to just meet w/an advisor, work is a week or 2 out, oh and they want to take the car now, have it sit and not give you a loaner or another piece of transportation! Makes no sense to me!!
What dealers have you been to and where are you located ?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Pretty much my situation as well. Just hope I NEVER have to take it in :). In fact, I'm willing to spend around 100 bucks if needed, to buy a recalled or defective part, rather than mess with a dealer.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I hear ya. I took mine in to 3 dealers for a chirp in the rear end. All they did was hot rod my car and put miles on it. I know for a fact one dealer did some high speed test drives cause the launch control was left on when I got it back. I never have it on, hell I've never used it. I ended up spending my own money and replaced the right rear hub. And my car is a 2019 and only had 3000 miles on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah this is terrible and I’m in a Florida.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I worked in the automotive industry for over 15 years. My last work on a dealership was service manager. For me, every customer was a VIP customer. I even gave my cellphone number to those that bought the car from us. What most people dont realize is that the real profit for the dealership is on the service department. Yes, you make profit selling cars (or lose money) but what builds a strong relationship with a customer is the service.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I worked in the automotive industry for over 15 years. My last work on a dealership was service manager. For me, every customer was a VIP customer. I even gave my cellphone number to those that bought the car from us. What most people dont realize is that the real profit for the dealership is on the service department. Yes, you make profit selling cars (or lose money) but what builds a strong relationship with a customer is the service.
Why doesn’t it matter if you purchased the car form there?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I hear ya. I took mine in to 3 dealers for a chirp in the rear end. All they did was hot rod my car and put miles on it. I know for a fact one dealer did some high speed test drives cause the launch control was left on when I got it back. I never have it on, hell I've never used it. I ended up spending my own money and replaced the right rear hub. And my car is a 2019 and only had 3000 miles on it.
Yeah, that's absurd. Another reason I hate handing over a sports car to a dealership, the techs just rip on it because they're bored of doing oil changes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, that's absurd. Another reason I hate handing over a sports car to a dealership, the techs just rip on it because they're bored of doing oil changes.
yeah. When I went in to get my weather stripping installed I heard the tech rev the car... hate leaving it... hate to see what they do to the highly modified cars.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
I have heard that before. When I call a Porsche dealership it like you are letting them know they won the lottery. When you take it in they know your name and its' yes Mr.--- would you like a
Starbuck's coffee, ready made donuts, danish etc and which loaner would you like. Now I know there is a price point difference between the brands but some makes have learned all too well that it is the customer and service that fuels the dealership. You do pay dearly for that service but when I think of going back to a Mustang and read posts such as this it gives me pause. I can call the service manager and he knows the whole history of my car and will talk as long as I want about an issue or upcoming service. Not sure I could give that up. In a couple of years my CPO warranty is up and hate to have a Porsche out of warranty but posts such as this really have me questioning giving it up. Will definitely check out local dealerships and talk to the service managers prior to any decision on trading.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have heard that before. When I call a Porsche dealership it like you are letting them know they won the lottery. When you take it in they know your name and its' yes Mr.--- would you like a
Starbuck's coffee, ready made donuts, danish etc and which loaner would you like. Now I know there is a price point difference between the brands but some makes have learned all too well that it is the customer and service that fuels the dealership. You do pay dearly for that service but when I think of going back to a Mustang and read posts such as this it gives me pause. I can call the service manager and he knows the whole history of my car and will talk as long as I want about an issue or upcoming service. Not sure I could give that up. In a couple of years my CPO warranty is up and hate to have a Porsche out of warranty but posts such as this really have me questioning giving it up. Will definitely check out local dealerships and talk to the service managers prior to any decision on trading.

I have honestly thought of dumping it and getting a luxury brand... between the build quality and the horrible customer service... I can’t

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Why doesn’t it matter if you purchased the car form there?
You would receive additional benefits when you were a customer from our sales department. Sometimes free oil/filter change, interior cleaning with the basic car wash, we would send invitations for special events at the dealer, etc.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Back when I had my 2015 with the driveline vibration that they could never fix, I mentioned that for the people who were coming from a premium brand to Ford they would be severely disappointed with the service compared to Mercedes or even Honda. And a lot of Mustangs and F150's cost more than a C or E class Mercedes... It is a corporate culture thing that Ford can't seem to figure out.
Sponsored