Sponsored

Convertible 2020-21 GT500 Photos

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Have you seen those pictures on a GT500 convertible.

at 3min 30

convertible-2020-gt500-1.png
convertible-2020-gt500-2.png
convertible-2020-gt500-3.png
convertible-2020-gt500-4.png

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Different wheels, brakes, rear spoiler.

I guess it could be a GT500????

Is a manual version coming?

I don’t know. I sure didn’t think they would do a convertible GT500.

Pictures are certainly blurry.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Ooohh yeah.......Come to Daddy.......

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Kinda looks like the base GT350 wheels which are great looking to me.....maybe since verts aren't track focused they could match an 10R80 trans to the Predator and sell it starting in the mid 60's....c'mon Ford, give this mid 50yo guy something to get a chubby over and keep him away from buying a Vette....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thinking back. There was a thread a while back pertaining to a convertible 500 and it was either fake or a chop job.

The chassis looses a lot of its rigidity when you chop the top off. They were able to pull it off with the S197 GT500, so maybe.....

That photo could have been of a prototype to determine feasibility. Who knows.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Pictures are certainly blurry.
Yeah, I mean, come on, modern smartphone cameras are pretty fantastic, this almost seems blurry by design ... :crazy:

I'm trying to figure out what's going on between the lower right corner of the door, and lower left corner of the fender, something doesn't look aligned correctly.

The thing that adds to the head scratching is the manufacturer plate, yeah, maybe some kind of prototype, the lack of camo is shocking if it's really something being knocked around.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Kinda looks like the base GT350 wheels which are great looking to me.....maybe since verts aren't track focused they could match an 10R80 trans to the Predator and sell it starting in the mid 60's....c'mon Ford, give this mid 50yo guy something to get a chubby over and keep him away from buying a Vette....
Right? I get it, it loses some rigidity vs. a coupe, but the GT does too, and it's just not significant for a street car. My GT convertible is very solid with the Perf Pack bracing, and with MagRide, it handles so-so roads terrifically. Yeah, stick the newly revised Mach I 10-speed in this, doesn't need a CFTP option, add a little more bracing, **boom**.

Like I said when I first asked about a GT500 convertible: there's a market, the previous iteration offered one, other manufacturers offer their high[er] performance models in a convertible (Z06, ZR1, ZL1).

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for sharing this! The person that sent these to me said he had to sprint after it and has an old Samsung phone, hence the picture quality. I'm sure he was further away using digital zoom to get these. I'm surprised Ford was just casually driving around in this too, but it seems like a real GT500 to me.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The person that sent these to me said.....
So was this in Michigan? Where....?

One of the clay model photos that was leaked had a spoiler or wing that kicked out on each end but you couldn't see the center section of it. This looks to be the same spoiler which is very odd.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If this is a genuine Ford prototype, I appreciate prototypes don't always have production parts but:

1 - Those brakes don't look big enough to me, but it's is difficult to tell given the blur
2 - Body colored side mirrors......the GT500's are black
3 - Not a hint of camo.....really?

Interesting though :)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Matt: First, love the avatar. :-) Very "clean."

Secondly, I agree, it's definitely a '20 500 but for those who mentioned the blurriness, remember, the OP said those images were taken from a video at 3min30. Phone camera + camera moving + subject moving always equals blurry video and the frame grabs clearly show that.

Don't know what to make of the rag top...it does look legit but IMHO, it doesn't even look like the same vehicle. Not my cup of tea.

Who knows why it was out, naked in the wild. Maybe some VP took it home?

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Wonder if someone put a body kit on a GT? :)
That was my first thought. Yes, it's possible that it's genuine, but... Ford doesn't usually put wings on convertibles. If any, it might be a lip spoiler, or even a duckbill. So yeah, the wing made me raise an eyebrow for sure. Still, it would be good news for drop top fans.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I’m sure it’s just a GT with a GT500 clip on it. There is no dive panes or winglets on the front of the rocker panels as well as small brakes.
Probably something to distract us. Maybe a Mach1 convertible.
Sponsored