Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
re: rear Brembos

Ford doesn't have a rear product that's designed to work with their PP1/2 front Brembo setup, so I think the only hope of having big matching front and rear Brembos on a GT variant, is when (if ever ...) they adopt the GT350 brakes.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Beautiful... now I just hope they sell it in that red. And that the base price isn't under $50K. If they do all that, they may have a buyer here.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
One thing that bothers me A LOT is the glossy upper grill and matte lower grills. Looks like they won’t be interchangeable either,
Unpopular opinion, I absolutely love the new front end AND the grille. I do wish they went tri-bar pony up front for the emblem but regardless I will 100% be picking one up for my 2020 when they are available either OEM or aftermarket. I will also find a way to make those Fog lights work or at least add halos.

But this comment I wholeheartedly agree with. I hate how the current GTs have gloss black upper and plastic lower and everything else. I wish Ford would just commit to making all the plastic bits a nice gloss black. That said, it'll be an easy enough fix and I'll just have the body shop paint it all gloss black before I install it.

Comparing it to a Bullitt and assuming its in the same price range, I think this car is killer. Also haven't seen it mentioned by others, but did I read correctly that Fighter Jet Gray is exclusive to the Mach1? I know some others were hoping that wasn't the case. Love that color as well.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way at 65k. 480 HP and 350 was at 65k Price.
This replaces Bullitt. Will be right above. High 50k
Even high 50s would be WAY too much... While I'm excited for it, this car is a very incremental step above the Bullitt, which started in the high 40s. There is absolutely nothing to justify a $10K premium here. Especially with a 500-hp, mid-engine, DCT Corvette starting in that price range. I think Ford would have to be very, very stupid to start this above a [very well equipped] base of ~$50K. That is unless they don't WANT it to sell.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
that would require a completely new block though, Can you even push the coyote to 5.7L?

Maybe push the 6.2L up a bit to get to 7L (7.03L)?
Yes it would probably require a new block. And it might require some changes to the heads as well. And many internal components would probably have to change.

New block like the change to PWTA bores required. Or like the new block the Voodoo got. Or like the new block the Predator has.

Or like every few years we see a new LS insert random number here. There are lots of them.

But that new block could be used for quite a while. Especially if they push up the displacement quite a bit, that would give them lots of room for growth for the next 5-8 years or so.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Should have read every single word of the announcement carefully. It directly states that the Mach 1 will go global.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Unpopular opinion, I absolutely love the new front end AND the grille. I do wish they went tri-bar pony up front for the emblem but regardless I will 100% be picking one up for my 2020 when they are available either OEM or aftermarket. I will also find a way to make those Fog lights work or at least add halos.

But this comment I wholeheartedly agree with. I hate how the current GTs have gloss black upper and plastic lower and everything else. I wish Ford would just commit to making all the plastic bits a nice gloss black. That said, it'll be an easy enough fix and I'll just have the body shop paint it all gloss black before I install it.

Comparing it to a Bullitt and assuming its in the same price range, I think this car is killer. Also haven't seen it mentioned by others, but did I read correctly that Fighter Jet Gray is exclusive to the Mach1? I know some others were hoping that wasn't the case. Love that color as well.
fighter jet grey will also be a Bronco color. don't know if it will be on the bronco sport.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Overall a nice package. I am a little shocked they didn't bump the HP at all from the Bullitt. Even if it was minor I thought for sure it would have been more than the 480.

I am disappointed in no shaker hood though!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Should have read every single word of the announcement carefully. It directly states that the Mach 1 will go global.
Yep, Jim Farley says its going global!

Be interesting to see if we get "both" cars......standard and/or Handling pack. We know Ford like to keep it simple for rest of the world sales but I would say one thing.....if we only get the Handling Pack (as they tend to go fully loaded for the rest of the world), I sincerely hope they still give us the option of the 10-speed. That would be my ideal pairing....but given the choice of auto or handling pack, I'd go auto.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man the wheels on the white one are killer... though they look like they'd be a bitch to clean.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yep, Jim Farley says its going global!

Be interesting to see if we get "both" cars......standard and/or Handling pack. We know Ford like to keep it simple for rest of the world sales but I would say one thing.....if we only get the Handling Pack (as they tend to go fully loaded for the rest of the world), I sincerely hope they still give us the option of the 10-speed. That would be my ideal pairing....but given the choice of auto or handling pack, I'd go auto.
Yeah, I don't see getting the big splitter and spoiler in EU yet. But even it's just the base model, it's great news for european fans. Of course getting the Handling package would be even greater.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
This car is going to do very well globally. Smart move by Ford. They are milking this gen Mustang all they can :)

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Even high 50s would be WAY too much... While I'm excited for it, this car is a very incremental step above the Bullitt, which started in the high 40s. There is absolutely nothing to justify a $10K premium here. Especially with a 500-hp, mid-engine, DCT Corvette starting in that price range. I think Ford would have to be very, very stupid to start this above a [very well equipped] base of ~$50K. That is unless they don't WANT it to sell.
Yeah I think the base has to be $49K or less and then with options top out in the mid to high $50's with all the bells and whistles. I guess it depends on how limited this will be too in terms or production numbers. The fewer they make the higher the price.
Sponsored