Sponsored

Bullitt decklid panel - anyone replaced it?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been pondering about removing the decklid with the big Bullitt badge, I go back and forth between "it's cool" and "it's douche-y."
Looking at either of these two:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-full-replacement-decklid-panel-gloss-black-15117.html
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...gn=memorial-sale-prices-default-fri-send-s550

Both in gloss black, I don't think the matte would look right with the rest of the gloss black around the taillights, etc. Thoughts, input?
Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I did the deck lid replacement as soon as I got the car home from the dealership. I used the Accelatec panel from CJ.

20190504-101904.jpg

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did the deck lid replacement as soon as I got the car home from the dealership. I used the Accelatec panel from CJ.

20190504-101904.jpg
AY PAPI!! Das gut! I like that. Man, I might have to spend some moolah to get that. Very nice!

Might I return the favor and suggest something for yours? The side markers, the smoked black look sweet.
See for yourself below:
Before_1.jpg
Before_2.jpg
Post-install_1.jpg
Post-install_2.jpg
Post-install_3.jpg

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan the the Bullitt emblem on the rear deck. I actually already ordered one with the chrome pony and I haven't even had my car a week.

I have watched a few of the DIY videos is there anything I might need to look out for when I remove and install the new one? I would appreciate an insight you could offer

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been pondering about removing the decklid with the big Bullitt badge, I go back and forth between "it's cool" and "it's douche-y."
Looking at either of these two:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-full-replacement-decklid-panel-gloss-black-15117.html
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...gn=memorial-sale-prices-default-fri-send-s550

Both in gloss black, I don't think the matte would look right with the rest of the gloss black around the taillights, etc. Thoughts, input?
I go through same thought process, I agree if you're gonna do it, do it gloss.

I'm trying to resist the urge to do anything at all to the car, well see how long that lasts

Also I still think black plates suit the Bullitt color scheme so much better

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I go through same thought process, I agree if you're gonna do it, do it gloss.

I'm trying to resist the urge to do anything at all to the car, well see how long that lasts

Also I still think black plates suit the Bullitt color scheme so much better
Black plates like a license plate? Unfortunately I think the black option is available only in CA and mayne like ME. Not in OH

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
AY PAPI!! Das gut! I like that. Man, I might have to spend some moolah to get that. Very nice!

Might I return the favor and suggest something for yours? The side markers, the smoked black look sweet.
See for yourself below:
Before_1.jpg
Before_2.jpg
Post-install_1.jpg
Post-install_2.jpg
Post-install_3.jpg
Glad I could give you an idea of how the Accelatec rear panel looks on a Bullitt. Thanks for the suggestion for the side marker lights but I used the red reflector LED side markers from Diode Dynamics as I prefer the red reflectors.

I have watched a few of the DIY videos is there anything I might need to look out for when I remove and install the new one? I would appreciate an insight you could offer
There is nothing I can really add to the the CJ instructional video, it is very straightforward.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Black plates like a license plate? Unfortunately I think the black option is available only in CA and mayne like ME. Not in OH
Yep, you can get them here in TX, but as a "my plates" thing where you have to pay.

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I did the same thing. Hated the dinner plate on the deck lid.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep, you can get them here in TX, but as a "my plates" thing where you have to pay.
Right, I got the personalized ones from Ohio, but they're all the same color as the regular-issued plates...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Glad I could give you an idea of how the Accelatec rear panel looks on a Bullitt. Thanks for the suggestion for the side marker lights but I used the red reflector LED side markers from Diode Dynamics as I prefer the red reflectors.

There is nothing I can really add to the the CJ instructional video, it is very straightforward.
Actually, you can get the LED strips/sidemarkers in clear/white or red (like original) or smoked (like in my pics) and there are other companies that make them, but just wanted to let you know. :)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I initially was going to get rid of the Bullitt rear deck immediately... but I warmed up to it. Ha ha. Especially since I can't get rid of it on the steering wheel, so might as well leave it there. But glad to see there are 2 other options, and smooth. I thought the Ford Performance version was the only one, and looks like crap with the 2 unconnected ridges (just like ours, but without the Bullitt cap). Now I think it looks too plain; like something is missing. By the way, what's the difference between the CJ Pony and the other? They looked the same to me, except the price. Am I missing something? :D Thx.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I initially was going to get rid of the Bullitt rear deck immediately... but I warmed up to it. Ha ha. Especially since I can't get rid of it on the steering wheel, so might as well leave it there. But glad to see there are 2 other options, and smooth. I thought the Ford Performance version was the only one, and looks like crap with the 2 unconnected ridges (just like ours, but without the Bullitt cap). Now I think it looks too plain; like something is missing. By the way, what's the difference between the CJ Pony and the other? They looked the same to me, except the price. Am I missing something? :D Thx.
I think the one from the CJ pony provides the hardware - new retaining clips and screws, because I guess sometimes they can get broken it upon removal, so the kit where you have to reuse them might be the less desirable one.

I showed my wife what it would look like without it and she encouraged me to keep it as it makes it different. She is not a car person, so any input she has about caring about cars I better cherish. :)
So leaving it for now...

Reactions: P8K

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My wife also said it has no badges, so besides looking weird at the back all plain, the car is a Bullitt, and the Bullitt badge looks better than a Mustang or GT one, and she has a point. So it'll stay :D.
Sponsored