Sponsored

New 19/20 Bullitt decklid emblem

Would you buy a new "stealth" rear decklid emblem for $250USD from 5spurs?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
A new decklid emblem for 19/20 Bullitts is now in design at 5spurs. This product, from my favorite custom manufacturer, removes the "ugly" faux gas cap emblem from the rear decklid and replaces it with a gloss black emblem that retains the crosshairs but eliminates the BULLITT lettering. It also incorporates a means to close the trunklid without fingerprinting the lid. Pics are attached.

To commence production 5spurs requires a minimum sales volume of at least 50 emblems so as to justify the set-up costs. The price will most likely be in the $200-300USD range, depending upon demand. And, rather than butchering the OEM decklid, a new 'clean' decklid (CJponyparts.com = $175) will be required to install the new emblem.

Let me know if you would be interested in purchasing the new 'stealth' emblem from 5spurs. I love my Bullitt but I hate the OEM rear emblem and a bare rear decklid panel just looks too bare, in my opinion. So, I am hoping, with the help of all you Bullittheads out there, to get 5spurs to manufacture this product so that I will have a true stealth Bullitt (except for the gorgeous DHG paint, of course).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is the $175 in addition to the $200-$300, or included?

No option for a total delete (ie: no crosshairs)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
5spurs supplies the emblem and you supply the new decklid. No crosshairs could be a possibility.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Well, if a new decklid is required I wouldn't be interested. If I have to swap the decklid I'd just keep it blank at that point.

To me $375-475+ is a ridiculous price just to change the back emblem. I'd rather go with some kind of overlay, or just remove it entirely.

Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Well, if a new decklid is required I wouldn't be interested. If I have to swap the decklid I'd just keep it blank at that point.

To me $375-475+ is a ridiculous price just to change the back emblem. I'd rather go with some kind of overlay, or just remove it entirely.
Agreed

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I agree, and so does Kevin at 5spurs. $375-475 is far too expensive just to remove the BULLITT letters from the emblem. Thanks to everyone's input, it looks like a gloss black cover for the emblem would do a very nice job. The decklid would not be replaced and the emblem cover will likely cost in the $150-200 range. Now we are just waiting on design to be finalized, tooling to get done and production to get going.
Sponsored