Stealth rear decklid Bullitt emblem

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I love the stealth of my '19 Bullitt with most of the badging gone. Thanks Ford! But, the faux Bullitt emblem on the rear decklid has never been in my book of favorites. I guess what I really don't like is the big Bullitt name announced to the world. Most guys, who hate the in-your-face emblem (fake gas cap?), just replace the decklid panel and forget about the emblem completely. However, I like the crosshairs logo, just not the ugly lettering.

So, I have been searching the planet for an alternative but to no avail. Phony gas caps and other emblems just don't cut it. My only alternative is to have my own custom Bullitt badge manufactured by a top quality outfit. And, that's when I thought of 5spurs. I have all of their great products on my car and I couldn't think of any other company that could match their quality and service. So, I emailed Kevin at 5spurs and we discussed, back and forth, the possibility of making a stealth Bullitt emblem for the rear decklid.

Kevin has come up with a design that would see a new cover plate, with only the crosshairs on a black background, pressed over the existing emblem face. A relatively simple solution to the removal of an ugly emblem. However, there is the cost of designing and tooling the product for manufacture and that isn't cheap.
If I can get a critical mass assembled of interested Bullitt owners then Kevin would take the next step to producing the stealth Bullitt emblem. Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can cover that ugly rear decklid emblem
clean gas cap2.png
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ha nice to see he's making progress, I pitched him the idea a few weeks ago on a follow up about another product idea he had. He was real quick on the turn around of 3-4 options he quickly got in mind. I noticed despite the movies car being blacked out NO ONE made a easily blackout kit for the Bullitt you kind of just have to buy vinyl and cut your own. Nice to see he has had time to refine it some!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What about ghost graphics similar to what you see on stealthy police cars? That would definitely be a cheap alternative and it would be a flat panel (no more raised emblem).

I agree that a Bullitt blackout kit would be really nice if they were actual trim pieces and not vinyl wrapped.

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I’d be interested if it were shiny black like the rest of the panel.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Yup, that's the idea. Do you think all of the chrome should be covered or leave the outer chrome bezel exposed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Good comment. If the dog dish is going to be covered, then cover it all.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
As long as it's reversible and personally I'd prefer the raised lines to be chrome if possible ... just too much black as it is and agreed on it being shiny black not matte.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Let's see what Kevin comes up with. A press-in, gloss cap would leave the outer chrome bezel exposed and is likely an easier fix. Or, possibly some design hints from the shifter bezel that 5spurs sells.

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
OHHH Canada, I like the original, wouldn't change it. Car behind would have to be right on your ass to read BULLITT.

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #4310 & 1968 Mustang Fastback Bullitt
Interested if it was all blacked out.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
If you guys are interested in a smaller emblem, look into the 05+. There are even companies that will put whatever you want in the center of it.

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
No, actually the size of the emblem isn't the problem, the BULLITT letters in my face is what I don't like. Hopefully, 5spurs will create an emblem mod that will please most of the displeased.
Sponsored