Bullitt "Dog Bowl" exorcised

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg

Last edited:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Was looking at the Steeda clutch spring. Will be interested to here how you like it compared to the stock spring.

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Tasteful. I'm surprised how much he emblem and the red calipers don't bother me as much in real life as they did in pictures. Louvres are the only addition I think I would seriously try.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
That looks SOO much better! It's strange that the FP panel doesn't fit. Would someone have the same problem on an 18 or 19 non Bullitt? What's the problem?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And that right there is EXACTLY what I'd do if I had the new Bullitt.

You read my mind. :rockon:

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
That looks SOO much better! It's strange that the FP panel doesn't fit. Would someone have the same problem on an 18 or 19 non Bullitt? What's the problem?
There are 2 posts and 2 tabs that have corresponding "holes" in the sheet metal on 18's. I don't know if it's only Bullitt's, or all '19's but the 4 holes (two slots and 2 round holes covered by black tape dots) don't exist on the Bullitt's trunk lid. The solution is easy; simply cut-off the two posts and two tabs and grind them smooth. I didn't realize this until i tired to install the new panel but it wouldn't go. Comparison of the OE and Ford Racing panels made problem apparent.

The post at the screwdriver and the adjacent tab on each side (left and right) need to be removed. Or, you could drill holes in your new Bullitt's trunk lid :cwl:

Prmbml5h.jpg

Last edited:

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The red callipers are polarizing to say the least... I love them and if they were any other colour I would have had them powder coated red lol. I'm also a fan of the 2019 Bullitt emblem on the trunk... for once this is a car that'll remain the way it was delivered... well maybe lol

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
The red callipers are polarizing to say the least... I love them and if they were any other colour I would have had them powder coated red lol. I'm also a fan of the 2019 Bullitt emblem on the trunk... for once this is a car that'll remain the way it was delivered... well maybe lol
Those things are certainly personal preference, and perhaps generational. I'm almost 68 years young, but my adult kids like the red calipers. I almost left the rear panel bare, but it looked like something was missing. I think the 2001 horizontal letters make the rear of the car look even wider than it is.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The decklid is fantastic! Someone else mentioned not liking some of the design elements, I said, "Well, just get a blank decklid and the rear is fixed", and there you go (TBH, your idea is better, the lettering is about perfect and doesn't leave that conspicuous empty space between the horizontal insets).

I think if it were me, I'd score an extra set of calipers and keep my originals - too bad I'm not close, I'd swap with you (I have OEM PP calipers) :D

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
I think if it were me, I'd score an extra set of calipers and keep my originals - too bad I'm not close, I'd swap with you (I have OEM PP calipers) :D
I checked on the price of new "not-red" Brembos; Ford is really proud of them. I'm not planning on selling the Buliitt, certainly not to anyone who would devalue it because I changed the caliper color... it's a Mustang, not a Ferrari.

If I R&R and strip the calipers it's only $185 to have them powder coated silver and have the Brembo logo silk screened.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I checked on the price of new "not-red" Brembos; Ford is really proud of them. I'm not planning on selling the Buliitt, certainly not to anyone who would devalue it because I changed the caliper color... it's a Mustang, not a Ferrari.

If I R&R and strip the calipers it's only $185 to have them powder coated silver and have the Brembo logo silk screened.
Oh yeah, the OEM part price is nutty, I was thinking lightly used from some source :)

So true though, it's just calipers - I totally agree with the design/color choice - it's the thing that sort of doesn't work for me with the green exterior. I know it may be blasphemy, but I probably would've scored one in black ...

*runs*

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I replaced the rear panel with the un-drilled version, and then found a set of NOS 2001 Bullitt emblems to replace the dog bowl.

The Ford Performance rear panel won't fit our 2019 trunk lids without a little surgery with a Dremel, but if you're even moderately handy the job should take a little over an hour.

Next: stripping the calipers down for silver powdercoat, Steeda full length jacking rails, Steeda clutch spring, and a set of square winter wheels/tires. I've owned the Bullitt less than 48 hours :giggle:

uH7Y3iah.jpg

THAT looks really good, almost factory and clean!

The factory S550 Ford Bullitt logo on the rear deck panel is just horrible... with your update you have made the rear of the car look 1000% better!