Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I think you hit something like a pothole or something that pushed that splitter back... being attached in the rear it folded rather than going in and cracking your front bumper (which is good). I sold mine for 200 bucks (complete with nuts and bolts all sides)... They go for 275 or so I believe.
I agree with this. The way it folded looks like it was hit from the front with something

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I would rule that out. Car has 8500 miles on it. I really dont know what happened. It would have had to come loose. They almost get caught on something that would allow it to wrap under the car.

All the mounts seem intact. I removed the 6 bolts holding it on the car. Just looks like the front clips came loose.
My car had 20,000 miles when I realized I needed a rubber mallet to put it further into the slots. I wouldn't rule that out yet.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd say its like a 99% chance that this was an issue with the dealer install. Mine looked normal when I bought the car but upon further inspection it was missing like 50-60% of the hardware holding it in place. They literally just left out all of the bolts along the middle of the splitter, because they couldn't get it fully seated thus the bolts would line up. Its honestly pretty embarrassing for Ford how many of these cars left the dealers with these splitters installed incorrectly.
Mine was the same; I ended up spending $50 on hardware and reinstalling the entire thing correctly myself. I can only assume lazy jerks at the dealer just threw the hardware that came with the car in the trash. My experience buying a new Ford product has been less than stellar. Good thing the car itself is amazing, because every other aspect of dealing with Ford sucks.

Edited to add: PM sent; I have a mostly-complete new splitter setup in the box in Chicago area.

Last edited:

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
But the link I sent you from White Bear lake Ford is cheaper...:question:

GrimLemur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT350, 2016 Black C7 Corvette Z51 (sold)
Can confirm mine started falling off at 200 miles on my 2020. I found that 5 bolts were missing! I went to Home Depot and found a body fastener that is the same diameter by slightly shorter but still works. I could only get 1 bolt in because the holes do not line up (between bumper and splitter).

I imagine that is why the dealership didn't fully install mine because they are lazy but it is also Ford's fault for not making sure it fits in place. That would only take 3 minutes tops. This is just embarrassingly bad for Ford. Probably the first and last car I will buy from them. I despise Ford dealers.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Took this car yesterday to visit my inlaws. Not sure how it happen but heard a loud bang. Was able to pull into an Ace hardware and look under the car. The whole front splitter was folded under the car!!!! Went into Ace and bought a ratchet set to remove it. Put the car in reverse to flip the splitter back into normal spot.

SO now my question is.. Anyone else this happen too? Did I do something wrong? Do I replace with stock or aftermarket? Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock?

Can I drive the car without one? Front end lift at high speeds right? but normal driving ok?

Do you think the Sliplo kit would have prevented this?
Snapchat-1050008792.jpg
From looking at the pictures, I think the screw holes in the mounting tabs tell the tale: They don't have clip nuts on them and they aren't torn out. That means they didn't have screws through them when the splitter detached.

Did the selling dealer install it properly? Nope.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Mine did not looks like this. Car gets lots of love. I would have noticed that I think.
I had an R and the front splitter was not put on correctly. I took it to a car show with two other 350’s and that’s when I noticed it was not attached correctly.

My point is, if you or your dealership didn’t know the difference, you would hardly recognize it.

Who installed it?

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
I had an R and the front splitter was not put on correctly. I took it to a car show with two other 350’s and that’s when I noticed it was not attached correctly.

My point is, if you or your dealership didn’t know the difference, you would hardly recognize it.

Who installed it?
Dealer I am guessing. I am not the original owner. 8500 miles on the car. Came from Michigan.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can confirm mine started falling off at 200 miles on my 2020. I found that 5 bolts were missing! I went to Home Depot and found a body fastener that is the same diameter by slightly shorter but still works. I could only get 1 bolt in because the holes do not line up (between bumper and splitter).

I imagine that is why the dealership didn't fully install mine because they are lazy but it is also Ford's fault for not making sure it fits in place. That would only take 3 minutes tops. This is just embarrassingly bad for Ford. Probably the first and last car I will buy from them. I despise Ford dealers.
You should be able to seat it all the way but you do have to give it a pretty good pop with a dead blower hammer or rubber mallet. I didnt think mine would seat at first either. But I got it to and all the hardware fit.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Dealer I am guessing. I am not the original owner. 8500 miles on the car. Came from Michigan.
That’s sad. My currency is on a dealer-mishap. Otherwise, these splitters are strong and can take a serious beating.

The pop you like heard was the splitter coming off the tabs and hitting the pavement.

I strongly doubt you hit anything at all. Sorry to see this for you brother... that sucks!