Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Took this car yesterday to visit my inlaws. Not sure how it happen but heard a loud bang. Was able to pull into an Ace hardware and look under the car. The whole front splitter was folded under the car!!!! Went into Ace and bought a ratchet set to remove it. Put the car in reverse to flip the splitter back into normal spot.

SO now my question is.. Anyone else this happen too? Did I do something wrong? Do I replace with stock or aftermarket? Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock?

Can I drive the car without one? Front end lift at high speeds right? but normal driving ok?

Do you think the Sliplo kit would have prevented this?
Snapchat-1050008792.jpg
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
You can drive the car without a splitter but, I would advise against a track day :)

I would check the attachment points on the front facia. I suspect the mounting points are broken. If they are not, pick up a new splitter and bolt it on. If its broken, well, time to see the body shop. From your description, I dont think anything would have prevented it

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Is this what happens when it was installed incorrectly at the dealership?
I keep hearing about it but have not seen any pictures yet...until now.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Possible. Vettel-ish would have to comment on what happened

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would rule that out. Car has 8500 miles on it. I really dont know what happened. It would have had to come loose. They almost get caught on something that would allow it to wrap under the car.

All the mounts seem intact. I removed the 6 bolts holding it on the car. Just looks like the front clips came loose.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I fixed my by using rubber mallet and towel. It wasn't clipped fully into place by dealer. Did you noticed this was in your case(see the pic before and after)?
Splitter Before and After.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
A rubber mallet and a towel was the method sent out to Ford Dealers via a video. Now, they have to watch it. However, this does not seem to be an installation failure

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed my by using rubber mallet and towel. It wasn't clipped fully into place by dealer. Did you noticed this was in your case(see the pic before and after)?
Splitter Before and After.jpg
Mine did not looks like this. Car gets lots of love. I would have noticed that I think.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Mine did not looks like this. Car gets lots of love. I would have noticed that I think.
It was hard to see, one need to eye level with splitter to see. I had no idea until read about it and then checked my. People were losing front splitter on the highway during high speed driving.

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was hard to see, one need to eye level with splitter to see. I had no idea until read about it and then checked my. People were losing front splitter on the highway during high speed driving.
Yeah thats pretty much what happen. I did not notice it was loose however it could have been.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
check your mounting points, all of them. if they're not torn/ripped, they were never installed and you can go tell the dealer what they forgot to do...and make a warranty claim after they get done blaming you.

if they were installed, then you need a new front fascia also

edit: may need an engine splash guard also

11GT50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Even if it was seated correctly I'm willing to bet the tech that prepped your car never installed the screws that hold it in place. It was probably just being held in by the mounting tabs and finally let go.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'd say its like a 99% chance that this was an issue with the dealer install. Mine looked normal when I bought the car but upon further inspection it was missing like 50-60% of the hardware holding it in place. They literally just left out all of the bolts along the middle of the splitter, because they couldn't get it fully seated thus the bolts would line up. Its honestly pretty embarrassing for Ford how many of these cars left the dealers with these splitters installed incorrectly.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I think you hit something like a pothole or something that pushed that splitter back... being attached in the rear it folded rather than going in and cracking your front bumper (which is good). I sold mine for 200 bucks (complete with nuts and bolts all sides)... They go for 275 or so I believe.
Sponsored