OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do you mean separated from the knuckle, or from the chassis?
Knuckle, videos show then sliding right out lol, I'm ready to grab a sledgehammer

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
You're talking about following the directions in this document?:

https://www.steeda.com/assets/images/Instructions/555-4906-steeda-s550-front-LCAs.pdf

I'd probably unbolt the lateral and tension link from the subframe first since that's going to require some serious leverage and "elbow grease" to get loose, Then I'd tap the tapered stud out of the spindle to remove the arm completely. I almost did this in my suspension upgrade but chose to hold off until I got a chance to drive the car around with the stock arms.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Oh and don't BANG on the tapered stud too much. If it's not budging with some light tapping - heat is your friend (but not too much heat).

Sponsored

OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got it off the chassis ready enough. The tapered end on the knuckle isn't moving.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Drilling hammer or a big ball peen on the knuckle itself, where the stud goes through. The shock will jar the tapered stud loose, it works 9/10 times. You can improve your chances by adding some PB Blaster to the mix and maybe some heat with a torch, but usually the hammer technique does it for me.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
Drilling hammer or a big ball peen on the knuckle itself, where the stud goes through. The shock will jar the tapered stud loose, it works 9/10 times. You can improve your chances by adding some PB Blaster to the mix and maybe some heat with a torch, but usually the hammer technique does it for me.
This is what I've done with great success, there's a bit of a raised spot on the side knuckle hole that hitting works wonders on

OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks guys

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I beat the piss out of mine, but obviously that requires commitment that the stock parts will be destroyed and there is no turning back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I beat the piss out of mine, but obviously that requires commitment that the stock parts will be destroyed and there is no turning back.
Yup, tapping on side might have helped, but rage and a.mini sledge got them out

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Heat, people. Heat.

It doesn't take much. I have a small bottle of map gas with an torch end on it just for stuff like this. Put a little heat on it then tap the side of the knuckle where the tapered stud goes through. It should separate easy as pie.

I had to heat up the rear brake rotor so I could remove my half shaft last week to replaced the damaged seal. It popped right off with that. It also helped separate the half-shaft from the knuckle too.