EOM Ford pass connect modem for 2015-2017

Aldopena

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Does any know if there’s a way to install the ford pass connect modem to a 2015-17 mustang like the newer mustangs. I want to be able to remote start my car with my phone or have it turn on automatically at set times to heat up or cool down. I want to be able to track it, or have WiFi from the modem
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does any know if there’s a way to install the ford pass connect modem to a 2015-17 mustang like the newer mustangs. I want to be able to remote start my car with my phone or have it turn on automatically at set times to heat up or cool down. I want to be able to track it, or have WiFi from the modem
Hi Aldo. Nope, unfortunately not possible. The modem is tied to the VIN. The folks with 19’ Bullitt’s found this when they realized their cars did not have the modem.

OP
OP

Aldopena

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
2019 bulliets don’t have it? I thought 2018 and up all had a modem for ford pass to be remote start via the phone

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
2019 bulliets don’t have it? I thought 2018 and up all had a modem for ford pass to be remote start via the phone
Nope. They don't have it, even though some of them have it on their window stickers. Regarding remote start, all the Bullitts are manual transmissions, so remote start wouldn't be an option in any case.

Stop by the Bullitt forum and drop a quarter in the "You don't have a modem?" slot. You'll get an earful.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aldopena

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Lmao why don’t they have modems?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Lmao why don’t they have modems?
Owners who have 2019 Bullitt's are not finding it the least bit funny. Ford has no answers for them. It appears that they screwed up big time and there is no way for them to fix it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nope. They don't have it, even though some of them have it on their window stickers. Regarding remote start, all the Bullitts are manual transmissions, so remote start wouldn't be an option in any case.

Stop by the Bullitt forum and drop a quarter in the "You don't have a modem?" slot. You'll get an earful.
That's pretty bizarre, my 300A car with Sync 1 has the modem but not a car that's 15K more? Lol. Seems like an interesting mistake. Although I don't see it as being the end of the world. The app is neat and the things you can do are neat, but the main benefit is the remote start and 6MT cars don't have access to that.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Although I don't see it as being the end of the world.
Neither do I. My GT is MT, so I don't get remote start and the remaining functions are just mildly interesting. But some of the folks with Bullitts are really wound up. Some of them are writing their state Attorneys General filing consumer rights complaints. It's a sore point, apparently.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Neither do I. My GT is MT, so I don't get remote start and the remaining functions are just mildly interesting. But some of the folks with Bullitts are really wound up. Some of them are writing their state Attorneys General filing consumer rights complaints. It's a sore point, apparently.
Anytime I’m told I’m getting something, pay for it, and then not get it I tend to get pissed. That why it’s a sore point with the Bullitt folks.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Anytime I’m told I’m getting something, pay for it, and then not get it I tend to get pissed. That why it’s a sore point with the Bullitt folks.
Real first world problem for them. Makes me wonder if they wasted all that money on that special edition.... just for the crappy 4g modem from ATT? Have ford comp them a free oil change and they’ll be ahead of the game.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Real first world problem for them. Makes me wonder if they wasted all that money on that special edition.... just for the crappy 4g modem from ATT? Have ford comp them a free oil change and they’ll be ahead of the game.
No wasted money. Got the car for what it is. Its just the fact that the feature was advertised as been included. Just to find out it wasn't and with no explanation as to why.
Sponsored