04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

I am planning to buy an intake and tune my 2019 GT. I have access to e85 locally and ive read an e85 tune really helps.mid range power.

I am trying to decide between the steeda tune which is a fair bit cheaper. I also have a full steeda suspension.
The downside I see is that its not a flex fuel setup making switching fuels more tedious.

The other option is the lund racing tune.
They offer flex fuel options. Lund also seems to be a very trusted name. The. Con is the price about 200 more.

The question I have for folks:

Does the flex fuel work? Are there any driveabilty issues?

Do you feel a noticeable difference between 93 and e85?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you feel a noticeable difference between 93 and e85?
on a NA car, I doubt it. I'm curious if the Steeda tune can handle straight 93 just fine as long as you're driving sensibly on the street. There's corn all up and down I-95 so unless you're headed west or into the sticks, shouldn't be a problem. You'll want to ask Steeda what to do when E85 is more like E50 during the cold months.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/5-0-dyno-chart-compilation.49398/page-24#post-2525810 would suggest a 9% improvement can be had with E85

Last edited:
OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
on a NA car, I doubt it. I'm curious if the Steeda tune can handle straight 93 just fine as long as you're driving sensibly on the street. There's corn all up and down I-95 so unless you're headed west or into the sticks, shouldn't be a problem. You'll want to ask Steeda what to do when E85 is more like E50 during the cold months.
Steeda give you a 93 tune along with the e85 so one could swap it.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
There is a noticeable difference, but the difference between stock and custom 93 octane tune may be slightly more noticeable than custom 93 octane tune to e85 in my opinion. Still, if you have access to e85 its definitely worth it. And e85 is only 1.45 a gallon right now in my area.

Mine is not a flex tune, I wouldnt do a flex tune personally, just have a 93 and e85 tune.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Im going to say you dont have an e85 tune......?

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Hi all,

I am planning to buy an intake and tune my 2019 GT. I have access to e85 locally and ive read an e85 tune really helps.mid range power.

I am trying to decide between the steeda tune which is a fair bit cheaper. I also have a full steeda suspension.
The downside I see is that its not a flex fuel setup making switching fuels more tedious.

The other option is the lund racing tune.
They offer flex fuel options. Lund also seems to be a very trusted name. The. Con is the price about 200 more.

The question I have for folks:

Does the flex fuel work? Yes Are there any driveabilty issues? No.

Do you feel a noticeable difference between 93 and e85? Flex tune yes. E85r tune definately

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I feel like there may have been some confusion here. E/flex tune is a night and day difference over a 91/93 tune on NA.

Lund offers a great option. Also consider AED for flex tuning. Performance has been great as was the experience of working directly with their tuner Shaun.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Im going to say you dont have an e85 tune......?
no, as what I had been reading was that the E85 tunes did 'f all' but that was apparently before the Gen3 coyote motors. Or back then the tunes stunk. And I don't drag race so don't give a toss about ET or aggressive acceleration. More recent observational data would suggest a 9% improvement is possible. And that's worth looking into, but at $15/HP it's not free.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
no, as what I had been reading was that the E85 tunes did 'f all' but that was apparently before the Gen3 coyote motors. Or back then the tunes stunk. And I don't drag race so don't give a toss about ET or aggressive acceleration. More recent observational data would suggest a 9% improvement is possible. And that's worth looking into, but at $15/HP it's not free.
These cars are a completely different animal on e. Much more fun even if you don't utilize the track.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
So.... I just recently loaded my first tune on my 19. I also did long tubes before installing the tune. I did install my Steeda closed box intake too. I did my first log fri night n sent it in. I’m switching to e85 as well. From what I have read the flex tune does not like the Steeda intake. You basically have to run the 91-93 tune or e85. Something about mass air turbulence. I will say this. It totally f n rips on the 91-93 tune. I can only imagine on e85. I removed my x pipe today and threw on the magnaflow tru x resonator. Sooooo much better. Rasp is gone, active exhaust is happy again. Before, normal mode was like track mode x100. Lol. So far I am very happy. She screams!!!! Ps.... I went with Lund.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
So.... I just recently loaded my first tune on my 19. I also did long tubes before installing the tune. I did install my Steeda closed box intake too. I did my first log fri night n sent it in. I’m switching to e85 as well. From what I have read the flex tune does not like the Steeda intake. You basically have to run the 91-93 tune or e85. Something about mass air turbulence. I will say this. It totally f n rips on the 91-93 tune. I can only imagine on e85. I removed my x pipe today and threw on the magnaflow tru x resonator. Sooooo much better. Rasp is gone, active exhaust is happy again. Before, normal mode was like track mode x100. Lol. So far I am very happy. She screams!!!! Ps.... I went with Lund.
Correct maf turbulence and idle variation with the design prevents effective flex. But straight e without content detection should work fine. And ya, if you like it now you won't want to change back to 91/93 once going e lol.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Does anyone know if steeda uses datalogs and customizes the tunes for your car like lund does?

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Correct maf turbulence and idle variation with the design prevents effective flex. But straight e without content detection should work fine. And ya, if you like it now you won't want to change back to 91/93 once going e lol.

Is there a better intake to get if i want to do flex fuel?
Also on a flex tune if im running 93 am I still making a 93 custom tune ammount of power or close to it?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if steeda uses datalogs and customizes the tunes for your car like lund does?
Most tuners will datalog and provide revisions when needed.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Is there a better intake to get if i want to do flex fuel?
Also on a flex tune if im running 93 am I still making a 93 custom tune ammount of power or close to it?
OEM 18 intake has smooth maf curve and perfect for flex. My last dyno was 516whp/454wtq using 18 OEM intake. I tested closed Steeda early on and the performance of it on 91 was nowhere near flex on OEM so wasn't worth going away from stock.

You are still no worse off on flex on 93 than a 93 tune on 93.
Sponsored