Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Corsa exhaust option. My 2018 sounds the same and I smile just as much as you when I am driving.... :sunglasses:

I am not sure how much of a difference it makes in performance, but I use Sport Mode instead of changing the exhaust note from the console when I want to crank up the volume.
I love switching to Track myself and just ripping corners and straights haha I love the GT350 and not only that I have noticed that the Mustang community is far nicer than the dodge/mopar community overall.
Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Thanks! I do wish there was a bit more bass but the resonators cause that.
I had similar experience with the Corsa double X... Less cabin noise than stock GT350 resonators, less bass, and more civilized. However, the bass does not come from the resonators, it's a byproduct the X and the pipe size. My new GT350R sound has just as much bass as my regular GT350, but more raw rasp (that I like).

Me and my buddy (who also did the Corsa double X) we both noticed hesitation with the throttle and some lag. YMMV

Sponsored

VEWDO17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks so much for your response. It is a huge help in trying to decide. I love the sound overall but I really want to get rid of the excessive cabin bass.
Whatever you do.. DO NOT take it to a muffler shop, cut out the stock resonators and put straight stainless pipes in! I made this mistake and while its loud, it definitely sounds "tin canny." I also, have a issue when driving under normal conditions where at about 2k on the nose it sounds like a metal on metal reverberation. I've come to find out that the heat shield under the car that is above the stock resonators is moving around. I'm assuming this is because the muffler shop I took it to didn't put the clamps back on that they probably cut off but, it's driving me up the wall. I wish I took that $100 and put it towards a real res delete. Before I read this thread I was all in on the lethal res delete but, now I'm torn on getting the corsa. I just really don't want decreased throttle response so I'm asking to see if anyone else experienced this with the Corsa? Also, if planning on doing a set of long tubes would you need to cut the Corsa to align with a off road X?

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Whatever you do.. DO NOT take it to a muffler shop, cut out the stock resonators and put straight stainless pipes in! I made this mistake and while its loud, it definitely sounds "tin canny." I also, have a issue when driving under normal conditions where at about 2k on the nose it sounds like a metal on metal reverberation. I've come to find out that the heat shield under the car that is above the stock resonators is moving around. I'm assuming this is because the muffler shop I took it to didn't put the clamps back on that they probably cut off but, it's driving me up the wall. I wish I took that $100 and put it towards a real res delete. Before I read this thread I was all in on the lethal res delete but, now I'm torn on getting the corsa. I just really don't want decreased throttle response so I'm asking to see if anyone else experienced this with the Corsa? Also, if planning on doing a set of long tubes would you need to cut the Corsa to align with a off road X?
The issue you had I also experienced. The shop used 2.5" pipe on my first GT350. This causes harmonic resonance issues. I took it back and redid the resonator delete with the stock X using 2.75" pipe like the GT350R has and it fixed the flapping pie tin sound. It sounds EXACTLY like my new GT350R sounds now. (makes sense because it is the same size pipe and dimensions)

LTH makes a 2.75" resonator delete that people have tired and say sounds good. It replaces the Stock OEM X pipe. This is a good option if you dont want to go to a muffler shop and do it yourself.

I went to a Shelby meetup and asked the other people there that had Corsa Double Helix X pipes, and half said they experienced a drop in throttle response but it went away if the car is custom tuned. Another guy said he didnt notice it, but he was running a Pedal Commander... so not stock. I am pretty sensitive with my butt dyno so I noticed the drop in response. I dont think everyone will notice this if they are less sensitive.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I did the Corsa X delete recently and haven't noticed any difference in throttle response...and mine has no other mods, you can hear it is louder then stock with the windows open, but with them closed there is little difference and no drone at any speed. I was hoping for more crackle and pops but nothing like what I hear on youtube videos. ???
I could always go back to the stock X and go 2.75 pipe back to the cut....but I'll leave the Corsa's for now.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have the corsa X on my 19 and love it. Compared to others have
I have a Corsa X on my 19 and absolutely love it. There is no decrease in throttle response not quite sure where people get that from and on the dyno it's proven to add 3-5 hp compared to stock with resonators. As far as the sound goes yes a 2.75 pipe will make it sound exactly like an R but that's all preference. The Corsa is the only resonator delete on the market that truly sounds different in my opinion to others. The R is raspy and at times can sound a little "tin can ish" and while the Corsa also increases the rasp from the resonators being deleted the double helix x design makes it sound all its own and unique with 0 drone any RPM and gets rid of the bad tones and frequencies "the tin can sounds" some other exhaust options have. For the person talking about the pops and crackles the more you drive the car and the higher the rpm the more they come in as it breaks in. A little trick is go right above 4k and let off gently and it will do it crazily. Go R exhaust style or Corsa but in my personal opinion I think the Corsa sounds perfect.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
For the person talking about the pops and crackles the more you drive the car and the higher the rpm the more they come in as it breaks in. A little trick is go right above 4k and let off gently and it will do it crazily. Go R exhaust style or Corsa but in my personal opinion I think the Corsa sounds perfect.
I'll try that next time out....although when I had the corsa catback extreme's on my 15' GTPP it poped like crazy...

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I did the Corsa X delete recently and haven't noticed any difference in throttle response...and mine has no other mods, you can hear it is louder then stock with the windows open, but with them closed there is little difference and no drone at any speed. I was hoping for more crackle and pops but nothing like what I hear on youtube videos. ???
I could always go back to the stock X and go 2.75 pipe back to the cut....but I'll leave the Corsa's for now.
I have the corsa on mine as well. I agree with the above post and have not noticed any throttle response issues so far. Have put about 300miles on it since install.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
My LTH resonator delete got delivered today. Then I remember during my move the movers “lost” my Sawzall... Ordered one from Amazon but not sure when I will get it due to delayed shipping thanks to Covid. Can’t wait to install this.

Great deal at Lethal Performance and super fast shipping. $178 shipped. Got it in like 2 days.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I have the corsa on mine as well. I agree with the above post and have not noticed any throttle response issues so far. Have put about 300miles on it since install.
I have had my Corsa Double Helix for about 400 miles and I have not noticed any decrease in throttle response either. I have read other posts claiming the same thing, so I am not sure why some people feel there is a difference. The sound changed as it broke in, but I knew that going in.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Any sound clips from LTH installs? That looks to be a 2.75 inch piping and from what I'm reading the most "R" sounding? I love the stock exhaust. Not interested in changing the sound to much just want more volume in sport mode. Gonna order something this week for a good corona project.

Also any concerns with not reusing the heat shields? I saw another member was able to repurpose them on the LTH. Just wondering how needed they are or aren't. One less thing to rattle if I don't need it.
Sponsored

Last edited: