Swapping Seats from Base to Premium - Driver Seat Move-ability Fix

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
If you swapped your base cloth seats with premium leather and have the issue with driver seat doesn't move, here is the fix.
Power (hot/ground) for base seats goes to the POWER SWITCH directly.
Power (hot/ground) for premium seats goes to the memory module under driver seat, then the module feeds the POWER SWITCH.
You basically need to make that connection/tabbing, so power flows to POWER SWITCH and you would cancel the memory module.
Here is some pics and diagrams (also in PDF) to explain. Let me know if you need more help.
This fix will not only make the seat move, but will also make it slide back when you turn off the car, and slide forward when you turn it on. Which makes it easier to go in/out of the car.
Worked for me.
20191018_145617.jpg
Driver Seat Fix.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I am also enabling my memory feature, but that's another project.
Parts purchased:
1- driver door module pulled from Mustang
2- lock/unlock buttons with memory 1/2/3
3- door bezel for new switch (wider opening)
4- connectors
It is not as complicated as you might think. It will however involve some wiring with the new module and lock/unlock switch since you will be using new connectors. Still totally doable.
If you print the wiring diagram in the PDF above and look at the wiring, you will figure out the wiring.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great tech and good information for those doing the seat swap.

Solo3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 v6 Mustang
I hope this works on my 2017 v6. How about the passenger side?

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I hope this works on my 2017 v6. How about the passenger side?
Passenger side should move fine, there is no memory module for passenger side.
Potentially the airbag light may come on due to the passenger side occupancy sensor different part number between base and premium. I swapped the sensor from the original base seat to the premium seat and airbag light was gone.

Sponsored

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
NC GTier,
I'm starting my cloth to leather seat swap. The leather seats I got have the memory module on the drivers side. I would like to enable the memory seats feature. Looking at your memory parts list above can you share what connectors are needed for the DDM and memory door switch.

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
NC GTier,
I'm starting my cloth to leather seat swap. The leather seats I got have the memory module on the drivers side. I would like to enable the memory seats feature. Looking at your memory parts list above can you share what connectors are needed for the DDM and memory door switch.
The driver door connector is not a serviceable part at Ford based on the service manual, so I ended up buying the entire door harness from Ford using a memory seat VIN.

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Installed leather seats into my 2015 v6 about 6 months ago. Enabled heating and cooling using the info from this thread. My seats came with the memory module (DSM), so I finally completed this as well. Everything is working, but I'm getting two DTC's (C1B15-Sensor Supply Voltage-B-, and U2010 Switch Illumination). Is there any way to disable the side mirror memory function using Forscan. I can't find much information about DDM settings. Thanks again for the great information.

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Installed leather seats into my 2015 v6 about 6 months ago. Enabled heating and cooling using the info from this thread. My seats came with the memory module (DSM), so I finally completed this as well. Everything is working, but I'm getting two DTC's (C1B15-Sensor Supply Voltage-B-, and U2010 Switch Illumination). Is there any way to disable the side mirror memory function using Forscan. I can't find much information about DDM settings. Thanks again for the great information.
Look up in the forscan threads, there should be a full excel sheet for everything, all the options. Usually you can ignore these codes but curious if you tweak the settings they will go away.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
The driver door connector is not a serviceable part at Ford based on the service manual, so I ended up buying the entire door harness from Ford using a memory seat VIN.
I just did the h/c seat swap based on your related thread. If you source the entire door harness from a car with memory, then it seems like you need to get the CAN + and - wires fed not only to the Drivers Seat Module, but also through the left door harness to join up with their mates already in the new door harness? Did you find a connector view and pin out for the pair of connectors that run from the kick panel to the door harness connector, the big thing covered in a rubber boot that you peel back to access the wires? Any other wire feeds needed, assuming you get the entire door harness?

Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Potentially the airbag light may come on due to the passenger side occupancy sensor different part number between base and premium. I swapped the sensor from the original base seat to the premium seat and airbag light was gone.
This is several years old, but to sync up with what I recently posted in the related how-to thread by the OP, you may luck out as I did rather than have to swap the sensor. In my case, I used FORScan to do a ā€œservice procedureā€ to ā€œReset OCSā€. In the middle of doing that, it interrupted the procedure to tell me to check a DTC for the OCSM. Sure enough, there was a hard fault stored for the (DONOR) car having been in a wreck. When I cleared the DTCā€™s for that module (OCSM), my airbag light went out. It has stayed out since.

nosford50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush blower mustang
If you swapped your base cloth seats with premium leather and have the issue with driver seat doesn't move, here is the fix.
Power (hot/ground) for base seats goes to the POWER SWITCH directly.
Power (hot/ground) for premium seats goes to the memory module under driver seat, then the module feeds the POWER SWITCH.
You basically need to make that connection/tabbing, so power flows to POWER SWITCH and you would cancel the memory module.
Here is some pics and diagrams (also in PDF) to explain. Let me know if you need more help.
This fix will not only make the seat move, but will also make it slide back when you turn off the car, and slide forward when you turn it on. Which makes it easier to go in/out of the car.
Worked for me.
20191018_145617.jpg
Driver Seat Fix.jpg
Check your dm please

Solomitchh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Solomon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Do you know the part number for base seats, I think Iā€™m having this problem but already sold old seats. Please help

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Do you know the part number for base seats, I think Iā€™m having this problem but already sold old seats. Please help
Unfortunately I don't. Best to find a base model vin and ask the dealership for the occupancy sensor p/n. Someone told me it is possible to fix this issue without needing to replace the sensor but didn't mention details. Might be able to find somewhere in this forum. Sorry for not being much help.
EDIT: see djcwardog comment above about clearing the airbag light using forscan.

Solomitchh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Solomon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Unfortunately I don't. Best to find a base model vin and ask the dealership for the occupancy sensor p/n. Someone told me it is possible to fix this issue without needing to replace the sensor but didn't mention details. Might be able to find somewhere in this forum. Sorry for not being much help.
EDIT: see djcwardog comment above about clearing the airbag light using forscan.
Appreciate it, might just buy a use seat bottom as theyā€™re only a 100$ or so on eBay. Wish I would of had the foresight to keep my old seats for issues like this šŸ˜­
Sponsored