Sponsored

Swapping out GT Premium Seats for Base/Recaro

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know what I may have to do in order to install either the cloth base or Recaro seats in my GT Premium with the heated/cooled leather seats? I would assume it would require some work to the wiring harnesses.
Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
It's a plug-and-play swap. Unbolt old seat, disconnect wires, bolt in new seat, connect wires.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
It's a plug-and-play swap. Unbolt old seat, disconnect wires, bolt in new seat, connect wires.
I don't think that's true. Base/Recaro don't have wiring for heating/cooling/power movement. Right?

1slo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I don't think that's true. Base/Recaro don't have wiring for heating/cooling/power movement. Right?
Recaros are manual seats so just unbolt and unplug your seats and bolt in the recaros. You won't have heated/cooled seats anymore obviously, but it won't hurt anything not having the harness unplugged.

Moostang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How much are base GT recaros if you dont mind me asking. I have a base and regular and wouldnt mind looking into a swap. All i see are for the leather recaros when shopping around. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
No codes for no more heating or cooling, or airbags?

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
No codes for no more heating or cooling, or airbags?
My 15 GT premium had the leather Recaros and the wiring harness for the heated and cooled seats was just sitting there. Shouldn't affect anything.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My 15 GT premium had the leather Recaros and the wiring harness for the heated and cooled seats was just sitting there. Shouldn't affect anything.
Interesting. Thanks.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Interesting. Thanks.
From what I've seen on all of my new cars, (I'm on #8), when they build them initially, they wire and prep the car to be fully loaded electrically, then spec the car down from there as far as options. So all the wiring and fuses have always been there for things like power/heated/cooled seats, steering wheel, moonroof, etc., even if the car didn't have them installed.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Cloth seats Sux

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
i swapped from premium seats to leather recaros. There are two plugs under the seats one for heating and cooling and one for airbags, you just plug the airbag plug into the recaros and leave the heating and cooling plug un plugged. no codes or anything.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
i swapped from premium seats to leather recaros. There are two plugs under the seats one for heating and cooling and one for airbags, you just plug the airbag plug into the recaros and leave the heating and cooling plug un plugged. no codes or anything.
Thank you. Where did you find your Recaros? Did you swap out all seats?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I finessed a friend to trade me out before he traded in his car so i got them free. I swapped just both front seats because the rears are the same seat, and just so everybody knows factory recaro cars do not have the plug to swap in heated and cooled seats.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I have a 2018 with stock base seats if you were interested in a trade.... All connections should still be the same and you will not throw any codes.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2018 with stock base seats if you were interested in a trade.... All connections should still be the same and you will not throw any codes.
Front and rear? Can you post pictures?
Sponsored