Active exhaust: yay or nay?

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
My '19 GT is loaded, every option except Recaros. Active exhaust is a great feature, it's helpful to be able to quiet start in the mornings or keep it in normal and just be low key. If you told me I had to give up a feature though, I'd let AE go earlier than some others (magneride, B&O, 401a). Not because I don't like it or it's not useful, simply because once the novelty wore off (a few thousand miles) I tend to just leave it in sport or track mode now. So it doesn't get used as much as it could anymore. Maybe that will change a bit when I swap the resonator out for an H-pipe though.
Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Was a must for me. Quiet start for my 6am commute, normal for most daily driving, track for autocross, track days, or the occasional rip up the entrance ramp. I wouldn't go back.

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Was a must for me. Quiet start for my 6am commute, normal for most daily driving, track for autocross, track days, or the occasional rip up the entrance ramp. I wouldn't go back.
Is there a noticeable difference between track and sport?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
+1 This and Magneride are an absolute must as I see it. Love mine, you can make noise when you want to and be stealthy won;'t you want to....

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I had to travel 400 miles to get mine.

Almost 210 miles to get the one I wanted and the price I wanted.. active exhaust is great but in hindsight I find myself in sport/track mode 90% of time so ....

If I had to do it again I would have given up the active exhaust. I like it loud!

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
My '19 GT is loaded, every option except Recaros. Active exhaust is a great feature, it's helpful to be able to quiet start in the mornings or keep it in normal and just be low key. If you told me I had to give up a feature though, I'd let AE go earlier than some others (magneride, B&O, 401a). Not because I don't like it or it's not useful, simply because once the novelty wore off (a few thousand miles) I tend to just leave it in sport or track mode now. So it doesn't get used as much as it could anymore. Maybe that will change a bit when I swap the resonator out for an H-pipe though.

You will definitely hear the diff if you swap..I did cat back Borla ATAK..wish I could leave it on sport/track all the time. Active exhaust imo is overrated.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This is another one of those options where I wasn't sure I wanted it, until I had it, now I'm 100% satisfied I got it :)

When I was shopping the '16 replacement, I wasn't too concerned if the car had it or not, gave some serious consideration on a couple that didn't, then my deal came along a loaded (like every option) '19 and I'm thrilled with it.

If I got a car without it, I'd be spending $$$ on a CB to improve the sound, but probably introducing some drone and/or occasional moments where I wouldn't want an aftermarket setup. I added an H pipe, and now I've got loud when I want, quiet when I want, and zero drone, and my aftermarket spend was only ~$200 (Steeda part + install).

Yesterday I wanted to quietly slip down to the grocery at 7am-ish, the ladies sleeping, neighbors, etc., that I'd prefer not to disturb, remote started with it set to 9a quiet mode startup, idled out of the garage like a Camry :D

jkulysses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Yes it's one of my favorite options! I live in an apt complex with strict quiet hours from 10pm to 7am. I have mine set from 9pm to 9am to start in quiet mode.

Sponsored

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Yes it's one of my favorite options! I live in an apt complex with strict quiet hours from 10pm to 7am. I have mine set from 9pm to 9am to start in quiet mode.
I do love the option to set quiet hours so I dont have to listen to my wife bitch about the noise when I leave in the morning, yet being able to have some sound when I go out for lunch or on the ride home.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
...Would the lack of active exhaust be a deal breaker for you? I'd probably keep it stock if I had active exhaust.
I bought this car because of active exhaust (and A10). I now work 4 days a week instead of 5 due to being able to leave earlier in the am. Yes, I care about waking family and friends.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I custom ordered my car because I couldn't find one specifically packaged the way I wanted. Active exhaust was a must for me. Definitely worth it.
Sponsored