Sponsored

Active exhaust: yay or nay?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
AE was one of the “must haves” I had to have when getting my 18’ GT. I use it every time I drive it.
Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Yay, absolutely!

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I was trying to find AE and magenride, kind of wanted 3.55s too as I won't be going forced induction anytime soon. Was impossible to find a convertible in that configuration with 401A and Safe&Smart package. I'm sure they are out there but none to be found. In the end I got everything I wanted except for the magneride. Now that I have AE I wouldn't go without it (that and the heated steering wheel :-) ). I usually keep it in sport+ mode but do my share of Track mode. Its great to start it up early and late at night in quiet mode. Quiet mode also works great when my wife is in the car, around school zones and parks. No need to create a nuisance to neighbors, locals and my wife.

Melty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I looked for active exhaust as one of the options when purchasing my car. I'm glad I did. The car is insanely loud with a resonator delete in track mode, but quiet mode cold starts are still quiet enough to not wake the neighbors, it's REALLY tame. Most of the time I have it in track mode, but I find myself using quiet mode quite frequently. The car definitely is an attention getter in track mode and having the option to quiet the car down is great feature I use a lot more than I thought I would.

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I started with AE at the top of my list and worked down from there. I had to look a long time (as far as I was concerned), and compromised on color. I imagine everyone's priorities are different. But like others that have it, I use it all the time. Sometimes I want to be loud, sometimes I want to be quiet. I do try to be considerate of the neighbors, and out on the battlefield getting to work... loud pipes save lives. Why have just one exhaust note when you can have 4?

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS, 2021 F350 Tremor
Active exhaust is one of my favorite options. I can't imagine not having it. Take the resonator out and put in an H-pipe and it's perfect!
Agreed. Although I went with an x pipe. Love the active exhaust

NC STANG GUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT 99 Terminator swapped Cobra vert 93 LX hatch 90 LX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I like the quiet mode on long hwy trips. Almost silent inside the car with a little music going and some conversation.
When its time to enjoy it though, the track mode is enough for me.(did do resonator delete X pipe for a touch more sound)
Glad I found one with the option.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I was trying to find AE and magenride, kind of wanted 3.55s too as I won't be going forced induction anytime soon. Was impossible to find a convertible in that configuration with 401A and Safe&Smart package. I'm sure they are out there but none to be found.
I had to travel 400 miles to get mine.

Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I wasn't looking for it when I bought my Mustang, but now that I have it, I would certainly recommend it. I live in a quiet neighborhood, so it comes in handy when departing early.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
It depends on if you would use it
I have it on mine and it stays in track mode when I drive but the wife keeps it in quiet mode

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
For me was an must have. I am always playing with it. Those that say they would just leave it in track mode... that would get on my nerves on a long trip. There are times quiet mode and a nice song are just what you need. Plus the people next door will love you too :)

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Absolutely love it, I have upgraded to a corsa exhaust now but the active system is great for keeping the peace. Quiet mode even with something as nuts as the corsa is very neighborhood friendly. It will cost you less to find it up front then to try and retrofit it later.
Sponsored