Things I wish my S550 did

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
So, one of things I love about the car, is the sequential tail lights. Why can't we get sequential turn signals inside the car, just like the outside?! I hate that little arrow. So basic. I would love to be able to see the same turn signal display in the inside as the outside.

I know it's weak and I'm weird, but I'd almost be willing to trade up to get that feature.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I wish my car would stay clean.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wish it could fold/unfold the mirrors automatically upon locking/unlocking the car, like other Fords do.
I wish it had not just global opening, but also global closing, like other Fords have.
I wish it had not just rear parking sensors, but front ones as well, like other Fords have.

It amazes me that things they've been offering for more than a decade on various other lesser and cheaper models are not available, not even as an option, on a fifty thousand dollar Mustang.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I wish it could fold/unfold the mirrors automatically upon locking/unlocking the car, like other Fords do.
I wish it had not just global opening, but also global closing, like other Fords have.
I wish it had not just rear parking sensors, but front ones as well, like other Fords have.

It amazes me that things they've been offering for more than a decade on various other lesser and cheaper models are not available, not even as an option, on a fifty thousand dollars Mustang.
Remember, you bought a $20,000 car with a $15,000 powertrain and a bunch of glitzy options. It's a cheap car to start with.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Wish the seat back was electric. Even my lowly Fusion has it and my 350Z did.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Remember, you bought a $20,000 car with a $15,000 powertrain and a bunch of glitzy options. It's a cheap car to start with.
Could be, but still, other $20,000 cars in the Ford lineup do have those options. A friend of mine payed around 17,000 euros for a Focus, and he's got everything I mentioned, and more.

Last edited:

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
I wish it had a force field around it to prevent door dings. I'm up to four now, a divot and two scrapes on the drivers side, and another scrape on the passengers side. I've never had so many on previous cars. Have people become so inconsiderate???

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Could be, but still, other $20,000 cars in the Ford lineup do have those options. A friend of mine payed around 17,000 euros for a Focus, and he's got everything I mentioned, and more.
But he didn't get 400+ hp!

And I wish the mustang still had a cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body... The good ole days... sigh

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No, he didn't, but why do we have to choose? Why can't we have them all? After all, it's technology that Ford already has laying around. They've been using it for over a decade now in their entire lineup. It's cheap, its R&D costs have been long payed off, it should cost next to nothing to put it in any car that already has the rest of the hardware in place. So why don't Mustang owners deserve it?

I also wish it had a bigger tank.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
o, he didn't, but why do we have to choose? Why can't we have them all? After all, it's technology that Ford already has laying around. They've been using it for over a decade now in their entire lineup. It's cheap, its R&D costs have been long payed off, it should cost next to nothing to put it in any car that already has the rest of the hardware in place. So why don't Mustang owners deserve it?
Don't Euro cars get power folding mirrors?

We all do :frown:

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Don't Euro cars get power folding mirrors?
They do, but they only fold/unfold with the button on the door. Every other Ford vehicle equipped with power folding mirrors can fold/unfold them automatically when you lock or unlock the doors.
It's not a show stopper, I can live with it, but it would be nice if it did that. With the Mondeo, whenever I'm not sure whether I locked the doors or not, a quick look at the mirrors gives me the answer. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, he didn't, but why do we have to choose? Why can't we have them all? After all, it's technology that Ford already has laying around. They've been using it for over a decade now in their entire lineup. It's cheap, its R&D costs have been long payed off, it should cost next to nothing to put it in any car that already has the rest of the hardware in place. So why don't Mustang owners deserve it?

It's not R&D, it's part tooling (each that has a ROI) and variable cost to the vehicle that they didn't expect they could recuperate. It's not next to nothing, believe me.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
A front parking sensor would be nice, especially with these cars having a long hoodline and a low front spoiler/lip (with some models having one that really sticks out). At least it seems __most__ parking stops clear the factory ride height and there's always backing in :)

Our DD/RT has front and rear, and like a wide angle from the corners specifically for parking.