Sponsored

16 to 18 Mustang Sync 3.0 to 3.4?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Thanks for the heads up. Updated my 2016 sync 3 3.0 (19025) non nav to the 3.4 19101 non nav. Update took about 15 minutes using 1 usb.

I was checking and the Ford GT theme is available so if you're one of the guys running it before, you can update to this.

what does the turn by turn look like on the digital clusters?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks guys, just wanted to say if you have any questions feel free to message me, i may reply on here but i'm more likely to reply on the website

I've just updated the guide with many other regions :)
@cyanlabs
Thanks for all the info you put together for us - definitely a wealth of info and superb detailed “how to”.

Just to confirm, or to further my own knowledge, as of today there is still no way to fake out a non-nav APIM into using a NAV SYNC update - is that correct?

Can someone explain exactly what the difference is between a non-nav APIM and one that originally has the NAV function (*besides software)? Does the NAV APIM hardware have special GPS/antenna circuit board or something?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
@cyanlabs
Thanks for all the info you put together for us - definitely a wealth of info and superb detailed “how to”.

Just to confirm, or to further my own knowledge, as of today there is still no way to fake out a non-nav APIM into using a NAV SYNC update - is that correct?

Can someone explain exactly what the difference is between a non-nav APIM and one that originally has the NAV function (*besides software)? Does the NAV APIM hardware have special GPS/antenna circuit board or something?
There’s some good info on here about APIM’s including part numbers. Hope it helps.
https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/sync-3-apim-with-navigation.19441/

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@cyanlabs

the non nav unit has way fewer storage space and most likely ram, its impossible for it to fit the nav packages in it. All sync3 units in all 16+ MYs have the GPS antenna already.

A good read: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those updating, I experienced a bug that I wanted to let you guys know. When the engine is off, opening the door turns on the screen and does the pony flash (normal), however when I close the door, the pony still flashes and stays on for > couple minutes (didnt check too long). The pony does stop flashing if i lock the doors or had the engine on, turn off, open door, then close door (normal).
This may have been fixed if I had done a master reset but I opted to reformat to 19200 which I then master resetted and the issue no longer persists. So yeah, terrible bug testing by me but I wanted to let you guys check on this otherwise your batteries may drain.

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
@cyanlabs

Not enough memory on the non-nav units and probably Ram like Freedom said.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I was checking and the Ford GT theme is available so if you're one of the guys running it before, you can update to this.
You sure about that. Everything posted on the F150 forum says it doesn't work.

Kinda weird because they still make the Ford GT and it's probably the best theme.

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
When I updated to 3.4, I forgot to get rid of the Ford GT theme. It technically "works" but most of the text doesn't show properly (the text color is very dark and basically can't be read properly). Lots of menu items don't show properly either.

I have since then switched back to the ford oem theme on our cars.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah due to space constraints on 16-17 MY cars with Non NAV, I highly recommend you install 19101 or 19200 and nothing newer. Since the tool used in the guide only allows you to reformat(thereby emptying the storage) in those version and downgrading back is actually impossible because the lack of storage. I have not tested, but you may have enough storage to do to the downgrade process if during your install you do not install Gracenotes/possibly voices. If someone tests it let me know!
NAV cars unaffected by this.

You sure about that. Everything posted on the F150 forum says it doesn't work.

Kinda weird because they still make the Ford GT and it's probably the best theme.
19101 as posted in the guide does. 19200 has it removed.

When I updated to 3.4, I forgot to get rid of the Ford GT theme. It technically "works" but most of the text doesn't show properly (the text color is very dark and basically can't be read properly). Lots of menu items don't show properly either.

I have since then switched back to the ford oem theme on our cars.
I only used the Ford GT theme for maybe a dozen minutes so I didnt notice anything wrong with mine like that. But, there was missing background boxes behind "Source" on the radio screen and whatever text is on the top right.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I just updated to the new 3.4 build v20021 yesterday. Maps has also been updated to v1.19.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)