Truth about 5.2 engine failure

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It was a troll post in my opinion. If the op truely wanted info a simple search would have yielded them everything they needed.

I’m going to preference this with this is the last post that I will do on engine problem threads.

There are no common themes of GT350 Voodoo engine failures that is above the standard deviation of any other car model in terms of vehicle failures or engine failures.

There are no legitimately accepted issues that a majority of the community is experiencing or will experience that will lead to Ford recalling cars. There has not been a class action lawsuit claiming that GT350 owners were sold a product that is less than the consumer expectation, nor if one was filed would it be something that a majority of owners could claim that they are effected with. So I say, the GT350 is not a vehicle that has an inherent failure that is waiting to cost owners exorbitant costs in the future that is above what an average consumer would reasonably expect to pay in owning a performance car.

For people who have oil issues or had their motors replaced, I am not saying that your issue did not exist. What I am saying is that the issue that you experienced is not a reflection or a sign that there is a hidden problem that will occur in the entire fleet of cars, nor is it an issue that is highly likely that the community as a whole will experience in owning a GT350.

I point to the fact that there are no articles on this issue covered in any legitimate media source like MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Road & Track, etc., which would have covered the story and investigated by asking Ford if there was such a widely found problem.

This has become a self-fulfilling prophecy where every week another person comes and asks about the same issue because they have read on the forums that there is an inherit weakness in the motor which has made them pause in purchasing a car. And so, we do this again, and again, and again. And then we ask about vehicle depreciation in other threads, and I wonder if we do not think that we are shooting our own community in the foot.

If we love the GT350 and if we love the experiences that it gives us, then these constant discussions where we assume that there is either an issue, or there was an issue in older models (which has not been substantiated), or that if we say “if you buy one make sure to max out on extended warranties,” then all we are doing is spreading an unfounded rumor that there is a huge issue and weakness in the cars. We do this without evidence or facts that show that there is a large issue like the Jeep Death Wobble, Mini Cooper timing chain breaking failure or the Ford Focus Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) failure. Those are legitimate issues that were documented to be a manufacturer defect that would cause failure and that would not meet consumer standards.
Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All GT350's blow up. This forum is pretty much a bunch of people day dreaming of what it's like to have some Mustang with a 5.2L flat crank engine but in reality, the Voodoo engine doesn't exist. It has been the most successful digital scam in the car industry to date. The exhaust note is a combination of a Ferrari engine that is choking on a dildo and a bad day after taco bell. The body work is clearly a mule of the 2087 Mustang with a hybrid brodozer propulsion system. Tremec never made the TR3160. That transmission was used in the Cadillac ATS only and Ford fabricated that story too. All in all, the GT350 is just an internet rumor.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
All GT350's blow up. This forum is pretty much a bunch of people day dreaming of what it's like to have some Mustang with a 5.2L flat crank engine but in reality, the Voodoo engine doesn't exist. It has been the most successful digital scam in the car industry to date. The exhaust note is a combination of a Ferrari engine that is choking on a dildo and a bad day after taco bell. The body work is clearly a mule of the 2087 Mustang with a hybrid brodozer propulsion system. Tremec never made the TR3160. That transmission was used in the Cadillac ATS only and Ford fabricated that story too. All in all, the GT350 is just an internet rumor.
I say ignore the doom and gloom people.
Guess it's good we don't apply the same logic to health care. We would be to afraid to get any treatments.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
As good as internet is, and like everything else, it has its side effects.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This subject is like beating a dead horse.. no... it's actually now like beating the crushed remains of a dead horse. I too was concerned about the engine issues, but at the end of the day the percentages were low and no different than what you would experience with any performance high rev sports car. Test drive one and decide for yourself. It's worth it.