Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Gotta agree with all of that. Especially if they got the GT500s after the C8s. If they were intent on eventually comparing the two pairs, replicate the conditions as best as possible.

I may have missed where they said “too fast”. What they did say was that the Camaro was easier to drive fast. This mainly due to the steering and suspension advantages. There’s no doubt they were impressed by how fast CFTP is. Who wouldn’t be? They’re freakishly fast. I just think that it’s easier to get the most out of ZLE’s max potential than it is to get the most out of CFTP’s max potential, which is pretty much what they said. Most people (self included) will never get anywhere near the potential of either one of these cars, so buy what you like best and sport it proudly.

I realize you’re being a bit sarcastic, but in reality, there’s nothing bad about these reviews. Both are awesome cars. They expressed a preference. Just like the Throttle House guys, Jason, and Randy expressed preferences. It’s like choosing between lobster and prime rib. There’s great and there’s great. Pick one.
"I'm gonna hurt myself here." tells me the car is too much for them. IIRC it was you whodid quote them saying that they never considered themselves to be the best, or best to extract max performance from the vehicle

I don't think he's being sarcastic. He truly believes that the Camaros are crap and the Stangs are the best at everything. Same attitude as Blaq.

The GT500 is *fast*. I don't think anyone is doubting that fact. Discussing the effectiveness of putting all of those screaming eagles to use is mostly what is being compared, and well, the results we are seeing have a common thread.

Now, I don't think the GT500 is crap, or bad at all, just because it doesn't put its power down or handle as well as a ZL1.
I do think camaros are crap. thats 100% stated opinion. i never denied it

Your quote.

“1-Show the Mustangs on race alignments. I have not seen that in any article or review. link please
2-par for you, context. drag racing 2 different cars. you want to see which is faster from the factory, race them stock, as delivered. want to set a stock record 1/4 mile record, strip weight. pretty easy to understand if you race. confusing if you're a forum troll, so i see your dilemma”

You said if nothing is done to raise rwhp then the car is stock. I agree that it is stock power. I even would say an aftermarket intake or exhaust is stock power, so long as the engine or tune is not changed it’s stock power. However it’s not a stock car. You said so long as no HP is added but then said wheels and tires swapped are not stock, why not? They don’t add HP. Taking weight out of a car is increasing your hp to weight ratio, which is the same thing as adding hp to the car.

Point is you can’t call out a car for not being stock when it’s in factory track alignment and call weight taken out stock, stock power or tune yes, not stock. Stock means factory, oem, numbers matching parts. I like to break it down like this.

100% stock. OEM stock revealed car, all parts numbers matching to the car.

Stock on a tire. All stock except for a rear tire and or wheel.

Stock with a drag pack. All stock no weight taken out, just a wheel and tire swap all around.

Stock power. This could be any of the above but with some other mods done, weight removed, intake, exhaust, sway bar pulled, gutted, light weight parts like a hood or trunk lid, etc. Still has the stock tune, nothing has been changed on the tune or engine.
so no linky to texty of said GT500s having track alignments done? LMK when you can refence your data, i can, and always do

Blaq and Voodoo are equal to their fanboy tilt.
how so? i ddnt buy 1 or the other because of reviews. i saw the writing on the wall. this is my 1st mustang, and man o man, is a killer.. so just to be clear. i dont care what it does ona roadcourse, who it beats or not.. i dont track this thing nor plan to, the problem is retards quoting "data" thats wrong and biased, claiming which is better, when in reality, NONE of them OWN a ZLE themselves, NONE of them are buying a ZLE, NONE of them are debating buying a GT500, and 8/10 have NEVER been on a real roadcourse- I have more time in a gt500 on a roadcourse than those 8/10 here argu9ng about track times... I call BS when i see it, and expect to be called on it.

Put the cars head to head, with ll possible bias removed and oem stock, and ill put $ on which cars are faster. Ive offered to PAY for track days to do JUST that, and camaro boys, and dodge kids, have yet to take me up on the offer-- so theres that
Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
so no linky to texty of said GT500s having track alignments done? LMK when you can refence your data, i can, and always do
GT500 had the track alignment for the Throttle House vid. Camissa mentioned it in the follow up video that they had for the show.

Put the cars head to head, with ll possible bias removed and oem stock, and ill put $ on which cars are faster. Ive offered to PAY for track days to do JUST that, and camaro boys, and dodge kids, have yet to take me up on the offer-- so theres that
I'll gladly take mine to a track day if you pay for it :thumbsup:

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
GT500 had the track alignment for the Throttle House vid. Camissa mentioned it in the follow up video that they had for the show.

He doesn't care about the facts he wants to be ignorant so he can make excuses. Professional drivers saying the car has too much power for the chassis to handle isn't exactly a compliment.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
"I'm gonna hurt myself here." tells me the car is too much for them. IIRC it was you whodid quote them saying that they never considered themselves to be the best, or best to extract max performance from the vehicle
My impression was they were saying the powertrain had too much power for the chassis. That’s why they were saying the Camaro did a better job of putting the power down. I also think it’s why they were saying they thought it was the most likely to end up in a ditch on the side of the road. Sorta like the photo I saw the other day of the Hellkitty in a ditch. Hellkitty is a Miata stuffed with a Hellcat. Way too much power for that chassis, but probably a riot to drive. I’m not saying that the Predator over-powers the D2C chassis to that degree, but the fact that the ZLE is down 110 hp but can still take advantage of the chassis cornering ability to put up comparable and in some cases better track times indicates that it uses its 650 hp better than CFTP uses its 760, at least in the curves and corners. That’s all chassis talking then.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My impression was they were saying the powertrain had too much power for the chassis. That’s why they were saying the Camaro did a better job of putting the power down. I also think it’s why they were saying they thought it was the most likely to end up in a ditch on the side of the road. Sorta like the photo I saw the other day of the Hellkitty in a ditch. Hellkitty is a Miata stuffed with a Hellcat. Way too much power for that chassis, but probably a riot to drive. I’m not saying that the Predator over-powers the D2C chassis to that degree, but the fact that the ZLE is down 110 hp but can still take advantage of the chassis cornering ability to put up comparable and in some cases better track times indicates that it uses its 650 hp better than CFTP uses its 760, at least in the curves and corners. That’s all chassis talking then.
That's definitely NOT what they were saying regarding the ditch comment. Here is what they actually said, with my emphasis added:

"The GT500 is alive on the track. After only one session, it was identified as the car most likely to end up in the dirt. That's NOT because of any failing on the part of the GT500. Rather, it's because the Mustang goads the driver the most."

It is not that it has too much power for the chassis (I own one, it does not--it's surprisingly composed for a 760HP beast). It's that it BEGS to be driven, revs to the moon, pulls ALL the way to redline, and sounds oh so good doing so. The 500 "goads" the driver because it is intoxicating and exhilarating, and DOES NOT punish the driver while doing so.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
...and DOES NOT punish the driver while doing so.
Until you end up in a ditch. They absolutely said the power is too much for the chassis, but they just sugar coated it.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That's definitely NOT what they were saying regarding the ditch comment. Here is what they actually said, with my emphasis added:

"The GT500 is alive on the track. After only one session, it was identified as the car most likely to end up in the dirt. That's NOT because of any failing on the part of the GT500. Rather, it's because the Mustang goads the driver the most."

It is not that it has too much power for the chassis (I own one, it does not--it's surprisingly composed for a 760HP beast). It's that it BEGS to be driven, revs to the moon, pulls ALL the way to redline, and sounds oh so good doing so. The 500 "goads" the driver because it is intoxicating and exhilarating, and DOES NOT punish the driver while doing so.
They did say that. And they also said this.... “the GT500 simply can't harness its full power—assuming the ground is not covered in sticky traction compound, such as at a drag strip.” Not too many ways to interpret that. I don’t call that a fault of the car either. I put it in the category of a good problem to have. Drivers with more skill learn how to manage the power. I don’t claim to be one of those and I’ve only met a couple guys whom I would place in that category. It’s better than wanting the power and not having it available. But the fact of the matter remains, the only reason the 650 hp car is even in the photo on a track competition is that the power is better matched to the chassis and the driver can get the power to the ground more effectively.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10

THIS is why I'll be bumming rides...

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Thank you, the others should see how easy that was. now ill go and verify it.

whee are you located and what car?

He doesn't care about the facts he wants to be ignorant so he can make excuses. Professional drivers saying the car has too much power for the chassis to handle isn't exactly a compliment.
you hink those guys are pr drivers still huh? maybe one of your compadres can requote their own statements.

we can disagree on that, given below. additionally, slower or less pwerful cars are always easier to handle around a track, this is common knowledge and im ure you know it. given they are amatuer drivers, i fully expect them to be able to handle the zle better than the 500. A lot of you people fail to grasp just how fast the car is, even in the face of everything its shown. standing rigidly by hp and weight, and not the actual performance #s. but i guess its still falling on deaf ears, as i said, 8/10 peopel arguing. have never driven( not to mention dont own) the zle, gt500, been on a dragstrip, nor roadcourse, and certainly not with either of the 2 cars mentioned, or cars similarly setup and powered.. piture perfect keyboard racers

Until you end up in a ditch. They absolutely said the power is too much for the chassis, but they just sugar coated it.
^ this. The car is too fast for them, its too fast for me on a roadcourse, ive said this before. they had to find negatives. and 2/3 negatves were about $$, the other doesnt even make sense.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Pobst conspiracy excuse already documented. Did you have any new excuses to add?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
They did say that. And they also said this.... “the GT500 simply can't harness its full power—assuming the ground is not covered in sticky traction compound, such as at a drag strip.” Not too many ways to interpret that. I don’t call that a fault of the car either. I put it in the category of a good problem to have. Drivers with more skill learn how to manage the power. I don’t claim to be one of those and I’ve only met a couple guys whom I would place in that category. It’s better than wanting the power and not having it available. But the fact of the matter remains, the only reason the 650 hp car is even in the photo on a track competition is that the power is better matched to the chassis and the driver can get the power to the ground more effectively.
context, they were referencing straight line acceleration

But for standing-start acceleration, all that might is a bit too much. Despite its gooey 315/30ZR-20 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 rear tires, programmable launch control, and quick-shifting seven-speed dual-clutch, the GT500 simply can't harness its full power—assuming the ground is not covered in sticky traction compound, such as at a drag strip. We managed a 3.6-second sprint to 60 mph. That's a solid number, but it's not as quick as the run in the Camaro, which has 110 less horsepower. By 100 mph, though, the Ford is quicker than the Chevy by 0.3 second, and by 160 mph, it's more than five seconds quicker. Its 132-mph trap speed in the quarter is ample proof of the Mustang's power.

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Pobst reviewed it for car and driver? you are really reaching for a W lol
When did I mention car and driver? The thread is about the throttle house video. Keep on living in fantasy land, brother.
Sponsored