Not open for further replies.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Considering the time line from the op’s first post I guess 3 to 6 months, hope I’m wrong, but???
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think this gives us real insight into the development time of a product. All this time for something that would be considered nothing more than a “simple” filter (which of course it’s not).

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hey gang,
I was wondering if I can get your opinion on air Intakes & after market filters...
Im curious as to how many run a stock air box or have changed out to an aftermarket intake system..

We have designed 2 filters for another make and model. They both have unique designs and they create power. Plus its made of dry Nanofiber (which is the holy grail of filtration media).

Some people on some makes and models rip the factory box out before it leaves the factory. Some see no advantage and leave the stock box in. It truly does depend on the car..etc
Im thinking for the newer stangs it gets replaced. However we were thinking of creating a high flow air filter for the Mustang (stock air box).
So I wanted to get your take and see where you guys fell.

Thanks!

Ed
You're up against a tough market man. But anyway, these cars are super sensitive to inlet air temperatures and can lose as much as 40whp on hot days.

The problem with the open air filter elements is that they all suck in engine heat and on the 15-17 cars the hood vent is right above the air filter so on a rainy day in traffic that can cause issues.

Because of this most people keep the stock airbox.

Also the stock intake is already a cold air intake

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
If u can make a version of The Mishimoto intake tube That was on the 15-17 cars for the 18+ cars I think you'd have a market. A lot of people want to ditch the sound tube because it cleans up the engine bay and makes the dipstick more accessible

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
When do you estimate we can buy one? I’m down if it’s pretty soon.
Good question. Im hoping this will all be ready to roll by the end of this month. Please feel free to reach out to me either through this forum or by calling us direct.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
You're up against a tough market man. But anyway, these cars are super sensitive to inlet air temperatures and can lose as much as 40whp on hot days.

The problem with the open air filter elements is that they all suck in engine heat and on the 15-17 cars the hood vent is right above the air filter so on a rainy day in traffic that can cause issues.

Because of this most people keep the stock airbox.

Also the stock intake is already a cold air intake
I have the power pack 2 and never had any issue with the filter getting wet.

pike bishop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT, shadow blk, 401a, pp...
Good question. Im hoping this will all be ready to roll by the end of this month. Please feel free to reach out to me either through this forum or by calling us direct.
how're things shaping up?

separately, is the physical filtration material that's being used in this product essentially the same as what's currently being used in your offering for vetts?

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
how're things shaping up?

separately, is the physical filtration material that's being used in this product essentially the same as what's currently being used in your offering for vetts?
Good questions.
First, the filter is shaping up real nice. We have done a lot of testing. Shes flowing a lot of air for sure! I can't get into right now but I think you will be happy with the choices. (Choices? More then one?....)

As for the filtration media, Yes, the mustang will have the Nano media we have on the newer C7(14-19) Corvettes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Good questions.
First, the filter is shaping up real nice. We have done a lot of testing. Shes flowing a lot of air for sure! I can't get into right now but I think you will be happy with the choices. (Choices? More then one?....)

As for the filtration media, Yes, the mustang will have the Nano media we have on the newer C7(14-19) Corvettes.
OK, now you’re just playing with us.:) Just remember the longer you make us wait the bigger the discount gets! :like::handshake:

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. :turkey:

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
OK, now you’re just playing with us.:) Just remember the longer you make us wait the bigger the discount gets! :like::handshake:

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. :turkey:
:crackup:... Not doubt we will have a special for just forum members.
Happy Thanks Giving to you and yours my friend! :like:

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My opinion on a CAI is that you should stick to stock unless you are tuning it also. I'm not a fan of oiled drop in's, so I use a aFe Magnum Flow Dry. It seems to be a pretty good product.
Afe magnum is having a black Friday sale on filters.i bought one today

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
YEAAA it's the end of the month... so is the filter(s) ready?
almost getting too late to order one for a Christmas gift for me ! ; )
lol I know I know, Im sorry but its not done. As mentioned, both versions did well with the first round of testing. Critical testing is next. Unfortunately time and weather is against us. We are trying to get this rolling asap but we want it to be perfect. Always feel free to contact us here or directly any time.

I will say we are getting a new phone system so if you call and can't get through today, no worries, that would be temp and there is always email [email protected]

Thank you

Ed

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
lol I know I know, Im sorry but its not done. As mentioned, both versions did well with the first round of testing. Critical testing is next. Unfortunately time and weather is against us. We are trying to get this rolling asap but we want it to be perfect. Always feel free to contact us here or directly any time.

I will say we are getting a new phone system so if you call and can't get through today, no worries, that would be temp and there is always email [email protected]

Thank you

Ed
Any updates? Thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.