OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
The photos we take of our 2019s and 2020s today will be the standard by which we can measure our preservation 50 years into the future :)
Hi Tony - My friend called his Mecum contact this morning and got an apology for the wrong date. It is Friday the 10th as posted on the website, not Saturday. I think he said it was lot F150 and should appear around the noon hour. I asked if his friend could get me one of the Bullitt brochures and I would gladly pay for it if thereā€™s a charge. So being a retired man I can watch the auction at my friendā€™s house on Friday. Sorry for the confusion. Incidentally, the recent February 2020 issue of Hemings Muscle Machines has the original Bullitt on the front page and an article inside. I also recall getting a Hagerty issue sometime earlier this year that also had a cover story on the car. Some people might want to keep those and pass them on as an extra bonus when they part with their Bullitt, plus it is educational reading. My Ford Rep also got me a nice 2 sided wall poster of the Bullitt... Bruce
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
$3.4 Million ($3.74 million after fees)...

You canā€™t tell me that car was not let go for the $$$$...

The Buyer has not been revealed and nothing has been mentioned if it was sold stateside or overseas...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

The Buyer has not been revealed and nothing has been mentioned if it was sold stateside or overseas...
Just short of the muscle car record. 3.5M for a 71 Cuda if I remember.

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Hi - Cool ! I suspect it was a spiritual like experience if you weā€™re in attendance and also saw the movie when it was first released. Nostalgia is great, but for $50G Iā€™ll take my 2019 Bullitt... Bruce

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This car was the personal 'daily driver' of the cop on whom the movie was based on, right?

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
This car was the personal 'daily driver' of the cop on whom the movie was based on, right?
The car was one of the ones used in the movie and was driven on screen by Steve McQueen.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
CJ, it wasnā€™t. I spoke with Sean and his wife back in October. The money will setup his family for life but it wasnā€™t the reason for the sale.

The mother of the last owner daily drove it in NJ for years.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The car was one of the ones used in the movie and was driven on screen by Steve McQueen.
Yes, this car was one of two. The second car was recently found in Mexico. This car was the stunt car. The car sold yesterday was actually legally put on record as the car used by McQueen in the movie. The Mexico car wasnā€™t.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get a chance to go up there. too many of my employee's on vacation. but a few friends went up last weekend. they said the car was enclosed in Plexiglas and you couldn't get near it.
was it worth the money?
will it ever really be worth that?
to someone out there probably
does anyone know what John Cena's Ford GT brought in? they estimated 1.2m, but they also were hoping to get 4m+ for the Bullitt

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I didn't get a chance to go up there. too many of my employee's on vacation. but a few friends went up last weekend. they said the car was enclosed in Plexiglas and you couldn't get near it.
was it worth the money?
will it ever really be worth that?
to someone out there probably
does anyone know what John Cena's Ford GT brought in? they estimated 1.2m, but they also were hoping to get 4m+ for the Bullitt
Cena's car wasn't sold on the auction block. Its showing as "The bid goes on". I do not know what the top bid was.

As far as the Bullitt, the car is worth what someone paid for it. I know I was only willing to go to $3M. :)

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Can you imagine how much it costs to protect, insure and transport a car that's registered with the Library of Congress? I doubt he could justify those costs. He has money, but hes not like FU wealthy from what I can tell.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

I am going to take a guess and say it was bought by one of the Ford family and it will end up on display at the Henry Ford Museum. It is too important of a car for the Fordā€™s to not own and display it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You may be thinking of Lt Frank Marranca.

After filming of Bullitt completed, the car was sold to a Warner Bros employee, who then sold it to Lt Frank Marraca. Frank owned the car for 4 years before he sold it to Robert Keirnan, Sean's father. It was actually Sean's mother who used it daily to get to work as a school teacher.

:)

There's some good background on Sean's reason for selling, here:

https://eu.freep.com/story/money/ca...ustang-bullitt-sold-steve-mcqueen/4449801002/

Bigred460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '79 F250
I am going to take a guess and say it was bought by one of the Ford family and it will end up on display at the Henry Ford Museum. It is too important of a car for the Fordā€™s to not own and display it.
That would be nice.

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Hi - While I didnā€™t get one of Speaker Pelosiā€™s impeachment signing replica pens, a friend did get me one of the Mecum Bullitt promotional brochures from the auction. Itā€™s quit nice with a lot of information and photos. Thatā€™s life, you win one, you lose one. Maybe Iā€™ll find one of those pens in a garage sale someday... Bruce

P.S. I think our new Bullitts have a nicer paint job.

825C3C1F-66ED-4529-8901-DDC2E17613CD.jpeg
Sponsored