Sponsored

Original Bullitt is going to auction!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That sucks... really.

Sean should just hold on to it, he has the best ideology in keeping the car AS IS and really understands the importance of retaining its history. Hopefully money is not the primary driver in the decision...

I’d hate to see Bullitt auctioned and end up in the hands of some schmo with more money than brains, just so they can say “I own it” and it gets “restored” to something it should not be.

If anything at all, at the absolute bare minimum - Chad McQueen should end up with it, the legacy belongs to his Father and the McQueen estate. After all Steve McQueen tried desperately to get Bullitt back before his unfortunate passing. If that’s not an option then it should go into the Mustang Museum so it can still be shared with the Automotive Communities, Movie Enthusiasts, Auto Enthusiasts and Ford Mustang Hobbyists world wide.

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Ford has to buy it!

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Let me start by saying I understand that it's Sean's car and his business to do whatever he wants with it.

However, I feel like selling it now is a jerk move.

Hear me out.

Keep it tucked away for all those years, pull it out of hiding when Ford can get immense publicity for it, then turn around and sell it for the most profit.

If anything, get it back to the McQueen family since Steve tried to buy it numerous times.

K6590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd like to see Ford buy it, and then place it in their museum at Greenfield Village.
Sponsored